Metal Meltdown


All Metal, All The Time
 
HomeRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:06 am by Decay02

» Helloween
Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 
 

 The Muhammad Drawings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Opethian

avatar

Number of posts : 238
Age : 25
Location : Seraphic Bliss
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Yes, too bad that people judge Islamic countries without knowing much about them and taking countries like Iraq and Afghanistan as the prime example. And that's one of the reasons why I never try to discuss about religion on any forum.
And I would like to tell you something : I have many atheist friends, and the only thing that I say to them is : Don't bother me about my religion and I won't bother you about atheism. Yes, you have your freedom speech, brother, but you are misusing it when you bash any religion. I am a pacifist and I judge a person on their personality and their acts. Not on the basis of their religion. I'm against extremist activities. And about that stoning thing? where did you hear that , dude? Are you talking about some medieval religion, or Islam? You know what most people think about us, Muslims? this- DevilFork DevilFork DevilFork LMAO
And I have nothing against Christianity, or any other religion, or Atheism or anything. Don't poke me and I won't poke you, either. That's my motto.
Some Muslims did burn the flags of Denmark and the USA - I am not denying that , of course. But there's a long line of reason behind that. The USA keeps on labelling Muslim countries as terrorists. And so we just need the most minor infractions to launch an attack on the all the Anti-Islamic nations. At least, we are not killing people . We aren't dropping bombs on countroes either, are we? Shower
Sorry, guys, but this is getting nowhere. You think of Muslims as backdated, lifeless faggots who spend most of their time stoning their women for committing sins and whining about foreign newspapers. Well, then, how the hell am I posting on an online forum? affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:38 pm

At least nobody thinks your prophet is a Marvel Superhero




You have no idea what it's like trying to explain the real Thor to people
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Good thing there are thous you don't have too explain to then, not that I'm a expert.
Back to top Go down
Mash

avatar

Number of posts : 2822
Age : 175
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Mysterious Traveler wrote:
At least nobody thinks your prophet is a Marvel Superhero




You have no idea what it's like trying to explain the real Thor to people

Didnt work!! Whats the image??

_________________


Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Mash

avatar

Number of posts : 2822
Age : 175
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Who really gives a fuck, honestly? So what if some fucking idiots decide to draw a picture and call it Mohamed? I can understand if they were muslim but they were not.

_________________


Suspect


Last edited by Mash on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Mash wrote:
Mysterious Traveler wrote:
At least nobody thinks your prophet is a Marvel Superhero




You have no idea what it's like trying to explain the real Thor to people

Didnt work!! Whats the image??

Dude it's up right now 😕
Back to top Go down
Mash

avatar

Number of posts : 2822
Age : 175
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:57 pm

The image I see is something that says to view the image at dorkshelf.com........?

_________________


Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Quote :
again... its freedom of speech... no respect needed... i have been ridiculed my whole life for being an atheist u dont see me crying about it... everyone thinks that atheists are actually devil worshippers and sacrifice babys at night for their master... ignorance is everywhere... and i for one thing the muslim faith is the most ignorant one of all... all muslim countries are backwater because they refuse change.... and just for their ppl to believe what they believe... yes some countries are better then others... but do you see christian countries(nowadays) stoning their women because they dont do something according to the bible? no...

each religion has its problems... and as free citizens of a country its our right to make fun of that... doesnt matter if it offends you... its still our right...


First of all, I support freedom of speech..I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's backed up with convincing and accurate reasons. Otherwise, its just a pathetic statement.
I cant say u r a ***** and ***** and say I believe in "freedom of speech and it's a free world and I can say whatever the fuck I want"..
See, just because u have been ridiculed for wrong reasons and u didnt cry about it doesnt mean everyone will be like u, careless. U can't compare atheism with any religion. Athiests themselves say athiesm isnt a religion. And this is exactly why u might not bother much if I say ur belief is bullshit..Because it's just a belief. Religion to ppl who follows one is more than a belief.

I don't see christian countries stoning their women for not following Bible. But I do see Christian countries selling women in the name of art and culture..

Saying that U have "rights" to make fun of anything, even a religion is like a boy saying he has the "right" to bully around..
Back to top Go down
Mash

avatar

Number of posts : 2822
Age : 175
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

miss_arcanum wrote:
U can't compare atheism with any religion. Athiests themselves say athiesm isnt a religion. And this is exactly why u might not bother much if I say ur belief is bullshit..Because it's just a belief. Religion to ppl who follows one is more than a belief.

How is religion more than a belief? Is it a lifestyle choice? An institution? Of course it is. But that still doesn't further any argument in this thread.

_________________


Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Opethian

avatar

Number of posts : 238
Age : 25
Location : Seraphic Bliss
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:32 pm

There's a word called 'faith' And I'm sure all of you are familiar with it. Atheists have faith in themselves, faith in their own belief, faith in the fact that there's no god. And We have faith in the fact that there IS a god. The building block of religion is faith, isn't it? So if we can have faith in a God, atheists can, also, have faith in the fact that there's no God and that the universe has no beginning and no end?!.. Well, what the hell, this isn't what the topic is about.
The topic is about a a magazine publishing images of our Prophet and the retaliation that followed.
Suppose, someone called your mom a 'whore', what would you do? Sit alone and bite your nails? or retaliate? What would you do? There's this thing called freedom of speech. A person can say whatever-the-fuck he / she wants, right? but are you gonna sit alone and bit your nail and keep your mouth shut? Maybe you might to that if you are a fuckin' robot, or maybe if your mom is truly a whore. Now to true believers, religion is the basis of leading their lives. So when we hear/see anything that offends our faith,and is considered sacrilegious, we protest. And as far as i remember, we didn't bomb Denmark. We decided to boycott their products. We burned their flags, true that. But we didn't kill anyone. But guess what, if someone called your mom a ****, you would have probably done something that would have been remotely close to killing him/her. Where on earth would your freedom of speech would have gone then?
YES, THAT IS MY POINT. Don't use freedom of speech for the sake of ridiculing/having fun/attention seeking. Use freedom of speech,as arcanum said, only when your views/opinions is backed by valid arguments.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Opethian

avatar

Number of posts : 238
Age : 25
Location : Seraphic Bliss
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:39 pm

And sorry for the ugly metaphor . But I guess I made my point
Back to top Go down
Mash

avatar

Number of posts : 2822
Age : 175
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Opethian wrote:
There's a word called 'faith' And I'm sure all of you are familiar with it. Atheists have faith in themselves, faith in their own belief, faith in the fact that there's no god. And We have faith in the fact that there IS a god. The building block of religion is faith, isn't it? So if we can have faith in a God, atheists can, also, have faith in the fact that there's no God and that the universe has no beginning and no end?!.. Well, what the hell, this isn't what the topic is about.
The topic is about a a magazine publishing images of our Prophet and the retaliation that followed.
Suppose, someone called your mom a 'whore', what would you do? Sit alone and bite your nails? or retaliate? What would you do? There's this thing called freedom of speech. A person can say whatever-the-fuck he / she wants, right? but are you gonna sit alone and bit your nail and keep your mouth shut? Maybe you might to that if you are a fuckin' robot, or maybe if your mom is truly a whore. Now to true believers, religion is the basis of leading their lives. So when we hear/see anything that offends our faith,and is considered sacrilegious, we protest. And as far as i remember, we didn't bomb Denmark. We decided to boycott their products. We burned their flags, true that. But we didn't kill anyone. But guess what, if someone called your mom a ****, you would have probably done something that would have been remotely close to killing him/her. Where on earth would your freedom of speech would have gone then?
YES, THAT IS MY POINT. Don't use freedom of speech for the sake of ridiculing/having fun/attention seeking. Use freedom of speech,as arcanum said, only when your views/opinions is backed by valid arguments.
Cheers

I wouldn't blame your brother if you called my mother a whore..... that's my point.

_________________


Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Which brings me to ask this Why were American Flags being burned? We didn't even know about that stupid comic strip until the rioting over it made headlines. Who's looking for attention you tell me?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Quote :
How is religion more than a belief? Is it a lifestyle choice? An institution? Of course it is. But that still doesn't further any argument in this thread.

A religion is not just about believing in a God or Goddess. A religious person from any religion has defined rules, eschatology and a philosophy by which he has to live. (Different religion with different ideologies) Not just that, he cant just worship any statue or bow down to any God..
Does atheism have anything approaching "clearly defined rules?" Not in the least. There is only one "rule," and that is the rule of the definition of "atheism" - the belief that believes in no God.

And why would an athiest feel offended anyways? I cant say crap about his believing God because He doesn't believe in one..I can't say his prophet is ****** because he doesn't even have a religion, and in belief system, there is no prophet. I can only ridicule him for not in believing in god. That's it..

I don't get surprised when an athiest doesnt understand how a muslim looks at Mohammed(their prophet) or a christian looks at jesus(their God) and I have already said why..

That's what I meant by a religion being more than a belief..
Back to top Go down
Opethian

avatar

Number of posts : 238
Age : 25
Location : Seraphic Bliss
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Mash wrote:


I wouldn't blame your brother if you called my mother a whore..... that's my point.
You wouldn't 'blame' my brother. But you would probably hate my whole family Wink

lol! yes, and about the US flag being burned. I think I already mentioned the reason. Muslims hate the US innately for many reasons.
For conquering Afghanistan and Iraq and killing thousands of innocent Muslims in the process. We get more time on tv if we burn flags than the israelis who kill children, and oh-my-god, we are so popular. Is it our fault that the media decides cover the fact Muslims are burning flags instead of the fact that Israelis are killing innocent children. HONESTLY, as a human being, tell me : which of the above two issues gets/got more coverage?
So like i said, if I called someone's mother a whore, he/she wouldn't have blamed my brother for it , of course. But if given the chance, he/she would have spewed forth the vehemence of his wrath on my whole family. And so you can say that this was an act through which we expressed our protest against all anti-Islamic acts. No attention-seeking. No nothing. The Danish newspaper needed to get the sales raised, so they cracked a joke, doing something that would surely bring the newspaper some good profit. :yaay: :yaay: And our protest got media coverage, and now we are saying that it's attention-seeking? errm.. I guess BBC,CNN etc.. aren't the channels of an Islamic nation
Jesus, I am exhausted. tongue
Back to top Go down
Mash

avatar

Number of posts : 2822
Age : 175
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:10 pm

miss_arcanum wrote:



I don't get surprised when an athiest doesnt understand how a muslim looks at Mohammed(their prophet) or a christian looks at jesus(their God) and I have already said why..

That's what I meant by a religion being more than a belief..

Ok,

I'm atheist. That doesn't mean the only strong belief I have is that I don't believe in a god. It also doesn't mean that I don't care strongly about anything. I am well aware that religious folks have a strong attachment to their god or prophet, but dont try to make it out that atheists dont have strong attachments.

_________________


Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Quote :
Which brings me to ask this Why were American Flags being burned? We didn't even know about that stupid comic strip until the rioting over it made headlines. Who's looking for attention you tell me?

I don't know anything about it honestly. I doubt its validity..However, if it's true, it's pointless and hence not right..The whole USA in not to be blamed for the war..

Quote :
We get more time on tv if we burn flags than the israelis who kill children, and oh-my-god, we are so popular. Is it our fault that the media decides cover the fact Muslims are burning flags instead of the fact that Israelis are killing innocent children. HONESTLY, as a human being, tell me : which of the above two issues gets/got more coverage?

I completely agree with this. Muslims get labelled very easily..
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Mash wrote:
I wouldn't blame your brother if you called my mother a whore..... that's my point.

Exactly.
Hating all Danish people because of this incident is as narrow-minded as thinking that all Muslims are terrorists, for example.
Lets not generalize.

And you know what? That one drawing of Muhammad in a turban with a bomb to me seemed like just a satirical drawing that symbolises non-muslims` fear of those radical Muslims who are ready to defend their belief by all means, even if it involves killing people. That should`ve been the time to open a dialogue about this issue, not to start a fight. Otherwise burning flags wont help make the relationship between Muslims and non-muslims better. Because that`s what we should do, try to understand each other and respect each other`s belief, culture, etc.

Guys, lets not get mad about this whole thing, ok?
Keep discussing.


Last edited by dotoka on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mash

avatar

Number of posts : 2822
Age : 175
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:16 pm

dotoka wrote:

Exactly.
Hating all Danish people because of this incident is as narrow-minded as thinking that all Muslims are terrorists, for example.
Lets not generalize.

And you know what? That one drawing of Muhammad in a turban with a bomb to me seemed like just a satirical drawing that symbolises non-muslims` fear of those radical Muslims who are ready to defend their belief by all means, even if it involves killing people. That should`ve been the time to open a dialogue about this issue, not to start a fight. Otherwise burning flags wont help to make the relationship between Muslims and non-muslims better. Because that`s what we should do, try to understand each other and respect each other`s belief, culture, etc.

Guys, lets not get mad about this whole thing, ok?
Keep discussing.

Yes, this is what I have been trying to say cheers

_________________


Suspect


Last edited by Mash on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Opethian wrote:
Mash wrote:


I wouldn't blame your brother if you called my mother a whore..... that's my point.
You wouldn't 'blame' my brother. But you would probably hate my whole family Wink

lol! yes, and about the US flag being burned. I think I already mentioned the reason. Muslims hate the US innately for many reasons.
For conquering Afghanistan and Iraq and killing thousands of innocent Muslims in the process. We get more time on tv if we burn flags than the israelis who kill children, and oh-my-god, we are so popular. Is it our fault that the media decides cover the fact Muslims are burning flags instead of the fact that Israelis are killing innocent children. HONESTLY, as a human being, tell me : which of the above two issues gets/got more coverage?
So like i said, if I called someone's mother a whore, he/she wouldn't have blamed my brother for it , of course. But if given the chance, he/she would have spewed forth the vehemence of his wrath on my whole family. And so you can say that this was an act through which we expressed our protest against all anti-Islamic acts. No attention-seeking. No nothing. The Danish newspaper needed to get the sales raised, so they cracked a joke, doing something that would surely bring the newspaper some good profit. :yaay: :yaay: And our protest got media coverage, and now we are saying that it's attention-seeking? errm.. I guess BBC,CNN etc.. aren't the channels of an Islamic nation
Jesus, I am exhausted. tongue

Okay now you're just being self righteous. What the hell does the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict have to do you burning American flags over something a DANISH comic strip put up. Nobody here even knows about that newspaper let alone read it so why are you blaming us? Don't give me that crap about Israeli atrocities and the Iraqi war, just answer the question.
Back to top Go down
Opethian

avatar

Number of posts : 238
Age : 25
Location : Seraphic Bliss
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Yep, But the fact that we our prophet gets pictured as a bomber , isn't a good thing , is it?
Bombs weren't , i guess, even invented during His time Bad Horse
Muslim nations get bombed . We don't bomb Christian nations for the sake of restoring world peace. And don't you think our protest is justified? The flag-burning thing is over hyped but the product boycotting thing is totally justified. It's better than bombing, right? So please don't ridicule us. I'm a muslim and i never bombed / burned a country's flag during my entire life. I haven't even stabbed anyone with a knife. So i guess i fail pretty much as a muslim, don't I? 'cos I ain't no terrorist. tongue
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Quote :
I'm atheist. That doesn't mean the only strong belief I have is that I don't believe in a god. It also doesn't mean that I don't care strongly about anything.

Unclear statement. Please Explain this.


Quote :
I am well aware that religious folks have a strong attachment to their god or prophet, but dont try to make it out that atheists dont have strong attachments.

Ofcourse..who disagreed? But u wouldnt really understand how a believer , for example of a prophet, would feel about him. I am aware of ur belief too. But I cant actually understand how u dont believe God..Is it weird? I dont think so. Its not even weird for an athiest not to understand ppl's emotions towards religions..


Last edited by miss_arcanum on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mash

avatar

Number of posts : 2822
Age : 175
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Opethian wrote:
Yep, But the fact that we our prophet gets pictured as a bomber , isn't a good thing , is it?
Bombs weren't , i guess, even invented during His time Bad Horse
Muslim nations get bombed . We don't bomb Christian nations for the sake of restoring world peace. And don't you think our protest is justified? The flag-burning thing is over hyped but the product boycotting thing is totally justified. It's better than bombing, right? So please don't ridicule us. I'm a muslim and i never bombed / burned a country's flag during my entire life. I haven't even stabbed anyone with a knife. So i guess i fail pretty much as a muslim, don't I? 'cos I ain't no terrorist. tongue

Dude, nobody is stereotyping you. The discussion is about Muslims who did burn flags, not ones who did not.

_________________


Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:28 pm

You're not answering the question, why were American flags being burned over something a Danish newspaper put up?
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 10900
Age : 14
Location : SLEEP
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Listen, here is my insight..........
Back to top Go down
http://hmpf.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   

Back to top Go down
 
The Muhammad Drawings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Off Topic Discussions :: Serious Business-
Jump to: