Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vegetarianism

Go down 
+4
Voggis
Decay02
Mash
Heat
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Vegetarianism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:15 pm

BRUSSLE SPROUTS BRUSSLE SPROUTS BRUSSLE SPROUTS!!!! Vegetarianism - Page 2 965191
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:35 pm

CARROT TOMATO CARROT CARROT TOMATO

POTATO
POTATO
POTATO
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Animals can't feel anything. Stop fucking whining and eat a chicken burger!

What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:47 pm

My parents were both vegetarians so I grew up with it. That being said they always encouraged me to eat all foods including meat.

There is also a difference between a vegetarian and a vegan. Vegetarians will still eat foods that come from an animal, mainly dairy and on rare cases fish, for most it's presented more as a health choice than a political statement. Vegans on the other hand are the opposite and most tend to jump on a band wagon without giving it serious thought. Every proclaimed 'Vegan' I have ever met has looked unhealthy as an aids patient, most are unaware of replacing the nutritional aspects that come from meat with an alternative food or supplement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:57 am

Love meat and i won't stop eating it . You can't get all the stuff your body need only from the grass that you guys eat ...
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:44 am

I don't have anything against vegetarians, and what people choose to eat is up to each individual.

I rely on a varied diet containing meat, fish, bird, vegetables and fruits. At home we usually have one or two dinners during a week that don't contain any meat, fish or bird of any kind.
It's nothing we actually have planned, but it's a result of what we like to eat.
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:55 am

I ate bat-meat once. Yea, the flying mammal. Not exactly a delicacy...
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:59 am

Are you Les Stroud?
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:59 am

^^^^ wtf yuck

anyway, ill post in this thread when i feel like typing a lot... confused lol which is not now O_o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:07 am

Lol, no!..
I went to cousin's place. The cook was like "there's something special for lunch"
I thought it was rabbit. I was wrong, but I like to try out new stuff.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:27 pm

I dont really care what people eat, its up to them. If they are going to be a dick about it they are no better or worse than people being a dick about any other thing.

As far as animal cruelty goes, animals are far more cruel to eachother than we can ever be, and have no issues with that whatsoever so I dont particularly feel bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsis
This is nature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:54 am

I don't think any animal can be as cruel as the human being. Four legs good two legs bad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Edible

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:30 pm

I would say spider hunting wasps laying larvae in a paralyzed spider to slowly eat their insides out, while preserving vital organs as long as possible to keep the food fresh pretty much trumps anything we have managed. I would go on to say that the wasp wouldn't lose sleep over it (if wasps do indeed sleep, which I am not too sure about too be honest, anyone know?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:02 pm

I see your Larvae laying wasps and raise you

Scientists who perform unnecessary experiments like putting makeup in a rabbit's eye

19th century British Sailors who would use muskets on dolphins for target practice just to watch them sink

Western settlers who would ride the trains just to shoot the buffalo for the same reason

poachers killing gorillas just to take their paws to make into ash trays and other tacky shit.

rich assholes who order exotic animals to be caged so they can shoot them up close to get "the thrill of hunting"

add that along with all the horrible things we do to each other and making Lady "Holy fuck that's not a drag queen?!" GaGa famous and I'd say the Wasps ain't got nothing on us. affraid
Back to top Go down
Edible

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:40 am

I dont really consider it a raise, most of that stuff is more cruel because it is needless in the way of cats toying with mice, rather than cruel as in the slow torture some animals will do to others.

The makeup in animals eyes presumably if it would cause pain to the animal, would cause pain to a human, so their intent is to avoid pain in humans, by doing it to rabbits, which isnt really unnecessary if you dont want your eyes to be in the same state as the rabbits when you apply the makeup assuming the eyes work similarly, also there is a fair chance it is to stop the makup company's getting their asses sue'd out of existence by some random that used the makeup and got their eyes burned(well I would say that makeup is pretty needless but that is a different debate, plenty of what I use would be needless to makeup users).

My fundamental point however is that if animals did do what we do, (and plenty do similar things) they would not have a sense of guilt about it, or consider the other animals suffering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:35 am

Voggis wrote:
I don't have anything against vegetarians, and what people choose to eat is up to each individual.

I rely on a varied diet containing meat, fish, bird, vegetables and fruits. At home we usually have one or two dinners during a week that don't contain any meat, fish or bird of any kind.
It's nothing we actually have planned, but it's a result of what we like to eat.

Yes, that's my motto too.
I used to be vegetarian for 8 years, I changed my eating habits because I got ill and my doc suggested me to do so... and it worked pretty well for me. But then after some time, I really needed meat, it smelled so good, you know the bbq stuff and salami etc. Smile
That's how I started eating meat again, but I learned that the best way for me is to be omnivore.

So, I eat for lunch approx. 2x per week meat, 2x fish, 2x soya stuff and 1 day vegetable soup, salads, etc. Every day fresh fruits and salad, at least 1,5L water and something sweet for my soul and it works for me very well Smile Of course everyone has other needs and taste...

And for the killing animals part - yes, it sucks, but they were (mostly) bred to be killed. So this was never a real argument for me against eating meat... Even as vegetarian, I always said I'll start eating meat when I "get the taste" for it and it happened after 8 years, so good 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Edible wrote:
I dont really consider it a raise, most of that stuff is more cruel because it is needless in the way of cats toying with mice, rather than cruel as in the slow torture some animals will do to others.

The makeup in animals eyes presumably if it would cause pain to the animal, would cause pain to a human, so their intent is to avoid pain in humans, by doing it to rabbits, which isnt really unnecessary if you dont want your eyes to be in the same state as the rabbits when you apply the makeup assuming the eyes work similarly, also there is a fair chance it is to stop the makup company's getting their asses sue'd out of existence by some random that used the makeup and got their eyes burned(well I would say that makeup is pretty needless but that is a different debate, plenty of what I use would be needless to makeup users).

My fundamental point however is that if animals did do what we do, (and plenty do similar things) they would not have a sense of guilt about it, or consider the other animals suffering.

Okay first off yes it is unnecessary and here's why,

A) it doesn't take a law degree for a woman to know that getting makeup in your eyes is going to be dangerous and

B) Since that's common knowledge, why do they need to repeat this "Experiment" on Rabbits and other rodents over and over again? 😕 you ask me someone having some sick fun at those animals' expense. Vivisection is more serious than you believe.

As for your argument regarding whether or not animals feel guilt , well with all due respect but how do you know what's going on in their heads? There was actually a time not so long ago when it was implied that animals didn't feel grief until they found a herd of Elephants during a drought mourning the death of one of their own. It doesn't take a mind reader to know that animals have the same feelings of love, lust, hate and fear etc. as any other human which brings me to this argument regarding the wasps you mentioned, for all you know they are probably just being professionals Wink
Back to top Go down
Edible

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Firstly I have doubts that people pay a whole lot of scientists a lot of money to get nothing of value to them done, I am sure they know that it hurts the animals, and figured that out in a single test, but presumably they are finetuning the formula of the makeup so it doesn't irritate eyes or skin or whatever, they wouldnt do so many tests without something to gain from it.

I know nothing more or less than those that say they do feel guilt about what goes on in animals heads, I am guessing like the rest of humanity.

I have seen plenty of studies showing that animals feel guilt love lust and plenty of other emotions, but only for animals of similar or the same species (or a species they view as part of their pack/social group), nowhere have I seen the elephants mourning over a dead hyena.

Finally, maybe the wasp is being professional, and I would say that most of our animal farming/vivisection operations are done on a pretty professional system, which is your issue with them if I understand correctly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:35 am

I am going to open a restraunt called Meaty Meat. ONLY meat products will be served there. NO BREAD, NO VEGETABLES, NO FRUITS, NO FRIES, NOTHING BUT MEAT PRODUCTS. Condomients are the only exception to the rule.
Back to top Go down
Hungryfreak

Hungryfreak

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:12 am

I'm an animal rights dude and I try to help fight against the mistreatment of animals in places like big corporations. I still eat meat, though. I kind of find vegetarianism stupid if done for reasons of loving the animals too damn much. If you love them, then you should know how they survive. On the other hand, there are a lot of fucked up things going into most meat products nowadays, so I can't blame people who just find it disgusting. Personally, I eat organic meat and try not to support any of the big corporations. At least many small farms that supply organic meat treat their animals treat them humanely. I'll eat anything edible, though. I've eaten things like horse and kangaroo.

In terms of hunting, I agree that it's okay if people do it for the food, but I find it idiotic when they do it for sport. I find something psychotic in people who do that. It just seems like the first signs of a serial killer.

To end, here's some food for thought: In the world of Pokemon, where do they get their meat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 4:54 am

Hungryfreak wrote:
To end, here's some food for thought: In the world of Pokemon, where do they get their meat?

Doduo and Magikarp.

Nobody liked those fuckers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:00 am

But.........Magikarp becomes Gyrados (or however the fuck you spell it).
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:13 am

I think that we, as OMNIVORES, should eat both meat and veggies.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:58 am

STK wrote:
I think that we, as OMNIVORES, should eat both meat and veggies.

Couldn't have said it better myself
Back to top Go down
Edible

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Hungry is that in response to me? Rr are you just using edible for what it actually means? This can be confusing sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegetarianism
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Off Topic Discussions :: Serious Business-
Jump to: