Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] Empty
PostSubject: Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009]   Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009] I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With cavernous, swelling feeling and spine-chilling sonicscapes, Karl Sanders’ Saurian Exorcisms is a stunning piece of work.

Many might know Sanders best as the founding member of Nile, a death metal band accented by Egyptian overtones. His rapid, skillful guitar work is the stuff of legends in the death metal world, with Sanders ranked fourth in Decibel Magazine's 20 Best Death Metal Guitar Players of All Time.

With his solo work, Sanders concentrates on his passion for Egyptian themes. In 2004 Saurian Meditation introduced listeners to compelling moods and featured a significant shift in tone from what many fans were used to. The Nile interludes blossomed into full songs, branching out through Sanders’ command of Eastern Mediterranean instruments like the bağlama saz.

The follow-up to Saurian Meditation, Saurian Exorcisms, draws the listener even deeper into Sanders’ headspace. This time, he’s doing it all himself.

Sanders delivers a sonic tour de force, playing bağlama saz, Glissentar, keyboards, drums, acoustic guitars, guitar synth, and additional percussion. He also provides some vocals, while Mike Breazeale contributes the odd chant.

Saurian Exorcisms really is a cataclysmic piece. Sanders has created works of reverberation, character, and atmosphere. Some may characterize this as the ideal soundtrack for a haunted house or perhaps a little light weekend devil-worshipping, as the subterranean mood resonates with ominous quality.

The ability of these sounds to summon visuals is astonishing, as pieces like “Dying Embers of the Aga Mass SSSratu” swarm with tortuous pitch, disturbing chanting, and evil air.

With the lights off and a few candles lit, Saurian Exorcisms is enough to scare the bejeezus out of the listener. As voices and instruments rise and fall off in the distance, the shadowy claw of the music takes hold. Sounds are bewildering, entrancing, and grave. Sanders has created an ornamentation of bottomless, imperative sound and has layered some truly beautiful music throughout.

The instrumentation and ethereal chanting of “Slavery unto Nitokris” is another example of the broad inventive adventure Sanders is taking his listeners on. It’s hard not to imagine a marching pack of orcs or goblins, perhaps from Middle Earth, as he conjures his wicked magic.

While Saurian Exorcisms can be a very fear-provoking piece of work, there is also a philosophical foundation of harmony and calm in these pieces. Sanders has created an intensely intricate work, transferring his love and fascination of Egyptian culture into the shadows. The final results are enthralling.

Ps; I didn't wrote the review just copy and paste it from one blog 'cuz I think the album deserve some attention . Hope you guys like the record !
Back to top Go down

Karl Sanders - Saurian Exorcisms [2009]
Page 1 of 1