Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How you started listening to Metal

Go down 
+10
Hungryfreak
Edible
Vagabond
Heat
Voggis
Stazanashi
GodlessEndeavor
Nefarious_Priest
Mash
mygga_med_stil
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:06 pm

I was a maggot in '95 or '96 and my cousin played me Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. So I guess that was it.,
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Back when I was 15/16 I discovered Drowning Pool and Rob Zombie through a WWE cd (yes I was wrestling-obsessed), then it went to bands like Korn and Disturbed. Eventually I discovered Metallica and Pantera and ditched the "nu-metal" bands like Korn etc and found all the "classic" metal bands, loved them, wanted heavier so moved on to more thrash, wanted heavier so moved onto extreme and doom metal, now I'm a fuckin' badass and all is good with the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:07 am

More on my story on how I got involved with metal. I remember listening to really crappy shit like Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer and New Kids on the Block! How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 831747 How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 447100

Now this was not cool and I'm glad my cousins gave me Metallica's Master of Puppets as a birthday present. If it wasn't for them, I'd probably not be into metal.
Back to top Go down
Nefarious_Priest

Nefarious_Priest

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:55 am

DeathMetalGod wrote:
More on my story on how I got involved with metal. I remember listening to really crappy shit like Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer and New Kids on the Block! How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 831747 How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 447100

Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh man that gave me a good laugh, Vanilla Ice hahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:12 am

I`m still a huge fan of Vanilla Ice

How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 10780
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:28 am

dotoka wrote:
I`m still a huge fan of Vanilla Ice

How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 10780

How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 447100
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:28 am

👅
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:31 am

Ice Ice Baby.. clown
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:33 am

stop... collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly

How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 441717
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:38 am

Vanilla Ice Cream How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 103223
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Vanilla I Scream
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:04 pm

Go ninja go ninja GO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:42 pm

LoL Turtles Ninja II ^^ Awesome movie, the best part!
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:36 pm

I went a slightly odder route, got given a pile of misc indie rock by a friend, and started to really like the instrumental post-rocky stuff (I think a rant about how shitty the post prefix is needed but I cba at the moment) and slowly found more and more heavy stuff and ended up getting into doom and sludge metal and fanned out in metal tastes from there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Dungeons and Dragons to listening to metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:22 am

I first came across Rock-Music around the year 2001 (at the age of 11) when I heard "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica which my parents were listening to one evening. At that time I also bought a Nickelback CD and I really liked it xD Fortunately my neighbour at that time was a huge metalhead and he then quickly introduced my to Iron Maiden. I think my first metal records were Master Of Puppets, Dance Of Death and Ace Of Spades. Then I stayed with this few bands for 3 years or so, until I became more and more addicted to Rock music and I started to buy records from Saxon, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, ZZ Top etc. etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 am

Just through my parents introducing me to all the essential stuff; Metallica, Maiden, Priest, Guns 'N' Roses. But the turning point for me liking extreme metal was when the first issue of Zero Tolerance (UK mag, not sure if they do it stateside aswell) came out, I remember just seeing it in the shop, it had Darkthrone on the front and there was a CD with stuff like Opeth, Aura Noir and Electro Hippies on it. It just blew me away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 pm

I liked Metallicas St. Anger years back when the music video came out. In April-May 2007 I began listening and exploring more metal bands and in the fall that year I began lsitening to death- and balck metal XD
Back to top Go down
Hungryfreak

Hungryfreak

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:10 pm

At the beginning of middle school, I was getting into all of the classic rock stuff and got many various bands from my parents. I loved it, but after a couple of years, I had listened to it enough and wanted something new. I was really into the heavier work that Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin did and wanted to find out where to get more. The answer was heavy metal. At that point, I got some exposure to the music my brother was playing in various car rides and was intrigued by it. Finally, before my bro went off to college, I asked him about all things metal nd from there I progressed fast. He gave me a list of the classics and named some other great ones (Neurosis, High On Fire, Gojira, etc...), so I looked into them and looked for more, getting into all of the various subgenres with relative ease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm

The first metal I heard was Nu Metal stuff like Slipknot, Korn and Limp Bizkit when I was 11 or 12. I think the first album I bought was Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory and a second hand copy of Cannibal Corpse's Eaten Back to Life (which freaked me out, and I hated at the time). I went off that stuff pretty quickly though, and started listening to rap and hip hop.

A few years later I bought Ride the Lightning by Metallica after hearing a few tracks off the Black Album (RtL was the cheapest album in HMV the day I went in, which prompted me to buy it over the Black album) and got a Heavy Metal compilation CD at about the same time. I got into Maiden, Priest and Sabbath from that CD, as well as Holy Wars... The Punishment Due by Megadeth. I really got into Ride the Lightning era Metallica and Rust in Peace era Megadeth at the same time.

From there I went heavily into thrash, then death, doom and stoner.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Well my two brothers listen to metal, so it went from there.

From rock classics to Iron maiden, Maiden to metallica, And then By In Flames - Clayman was the album that got me into Extreme metal forms.
V- rock from Vice city had a big influence on me to, haha. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:47 am

In 1993 lot of my friends were listening to metal music but when i saw the deep purple s concert album (come hell of high water) and i saw the ac/dc s highway to hell video i was in metal. And then and i took the old cassettes of motorhead from my 30 year old cousin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/NovemberRust

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:52 pm

I was 12 at the time; I was with my Dad returning from somewhere and Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" came on the radio and he turned it up; I mentioned that I liked it and said he used to like Sabbath when he was younger, it was a classic, etc. A few weeks later he got me a copy of Sabbath's "Reunion" 2 cd as a getting out of school gift for that year and for my birthday after that I got a Sabbath greatest hits disc. From there I moved onto stuff like Ozzy and Metallica then finally Maiden. My introduction to extreme metal was when I was 14 and received a copy of Mercyful Fate's "Don't Break the Oath." that is a disc that changed everything for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:30 am

Mine is quite a story.

I got into metal quite recently (like 2 years ago). Before that, I used to listen to Hip Hop, R n' B, Reggaeton and shit like that. This friend, being the stubborn fuck he is, told me that I should stop listening to that shit. At first, I was like, "Damn, let me be". But he insisted that I should try listening to something else. I agreed, and he then made me listen to Avenged Sevenfold. I won't consider the band as a metal band, but I became curious, and started listening to the essential: Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc. Later, I got into Power Metal, with groups like Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian...

And finally, what got me into "extreme" metal, as I call it, was when a friend suggested me to listen to Amon Amarth's "Cry Of The Black Birds". I instantly became hooked.

And that's my story.
Back to top Go down
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:21 am

when my parents divorced when i was 9 my dad left behind alot of his cd's including Rob Zombie, Kid Rock, Pearl Jam and Tool... i listened to zombie the most out of them... my cousin started listening to nu-metal when i let him borrow my down with the sickness cd by disturbed and he started listening to bands like slipknot and korn... i didnt like the way they sounded so i steered away from metal thinking that thats all it had to offer... after seeing The Texas Chainsaw Massacre I got the soundtrack for my birthday when my mom heard how much i loved the movie... after hearing "Rational Gaze - Meshuggah, Enshrined By Grace - Morbid Angel, Ruin - Lamb of God" i was completely hooked on the sound i quickly downloaded more of their songs from Kazaa... i eventually found a metal show on our local cable channel and found bands such as Arch Enemy, Kamalot & Nightwish on their and slowly expanded my band knowledge... i eventually came across a dark gfx forum called EGFXII from gutterclown one of the mods there through a avp2 clan forum(i know Decay from there also)... and found myself with a bunch of metal fans who had a wealth of knowledge of good metal bands and my metal love just kept expanding from there Smile

now i stand with about 300 bands that i like and that number grows everyday...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you started listening to Metal   How you started listening to Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How you started listening to Metal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next