Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Armored Saint

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:31 am

Traditional heavy metal band, formed in Los Angeles, USA in 1982.
So far they have released five studio albums and a live album.
They released a self-titled EP in 1983, before they first full-length March Of the Saint was released the year after.
The band was put on hold after the release of Symbol Of Salvation in 1991 when singer John Bush replaced Joey Belladonna in Anthrax.

In 2000 the band made a comeback with the album Revelation.

After John Bush left/got fired from Anthrax in 2005 Armored Saint have been active touring. The band is now preparing for a new studio album, which should be out later this year or early next year.

The band current line-up is:
John Bush - Vocals (Anthrax, Joey Vera)
Jeff Duncan - Guitars (Odin, Bird of Prey, DC4)
Phil Sandoval - Guitars (Life After Death)
Joey Vera - Bass (Fates Warning, Engine (US), John Arch, Seven Witches, Jack Frost (US), OSI, Anthrax, Invasion)
Gonzalo "Gonzo" Sandoval - Drums (MX Machine, Jack Frost (US))

Armored Saint on Metal-Archives.
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:59 pm

March Of The Saint is a classic Metal album and a must have.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Heat wrote:
March Of The Saint is a classic Metal album and a must have.
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:32 pm

I need to get a few of their albums on the blog.
Back to top Go down
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:23 am

Los Angeles metal veterans ARMORED SAINT have announced the track listing for their recently completed new album, "La Raza", due on March 16, 2010 via Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at Burbank, California's Tranzformer Studios, which is owned by Dave Jerdan (ALICE IN CHAINS, JANE'S ADDICTION), who produced ARMORED SAINT's 1991 classic "Symbol of Salvation" and Bryan Carlstrom, who engineered the same album. The band's first new release since 2001's "Nod to the Old School" was produced by bassist Joey Vera and engineered by Carlstrom and his assistant John Nuss.

"La Raza" track listing:

01. Loose Cannon
02. Head On
03. Left Hook from Right Field
04. Get Off the Fence
05. Chilled
06. La Raza
07. Black Feet
08. Little Monkey
09. Blues
10. Bandit Country

Bassist, producer, and founding member Joey Vera comments on the unique recording process for "La Raza": "We used nothing but analog gear, most of which was custom-built by Rupert Neve for Bryan Carlstrom. We hit every signal (drum mics, guitars, vocals) with custom or vintage analog gear before recording into Pro Tools. We even used rare vintage amps for most of the guitar overdubs. At mix time, we mixed on an SSL 4000E console and went to a one-inch tape reel (one of only two on the West Coast) for our final masters. Uh…you DO know what tape is, don't you?

"What does this all mean? It means we spit in the ear of the age of the mp3, teenie, tiny ear bud listening culture that has turned its back on what it means to experience music. This record is FAT. We mean, obese! Full-on cardiovascular failure stuff! Old school, baby!"

Vera previously stated about ARMORED SAINT's new LP, "The result is just amazing, and I may be hasty when I say that this may be our best record ever. But all dopes in bands say that right? Well, this time I think it's true and although my reasons may be purely personal, I still deem it truth. The songs are great and it sounds great."

To get a taste of what the new ARMORED SAINT album will sound like, check out a demo version of "Loose Cannon" (performed with a drum program) in the YouTube clip below (also available for download as a ZIP file at this location).

The band's current lineup is the same as the one on 2000's "Revelation" and 1992's "Symbol of Salvation" LPs:

John Bush (vocals)
Jeff Duncan (guitar)
Phil Sandoval (guitar)
Joey Vera (bass)
Gonzo Sandoval (drums)

Demo version of new ARMORED SAINT song "Loose Cannon":

Source: Blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth
Voggis

Voggis

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:31 pm

All analog recording and mixing? This should be a nice one to get on vinyl, cause you will eventually loose some dynamic from the analogue recording when the album is digitally mastered for CD....
Back to top Go down
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Los Angeles metal veterans ARMORED SAINT will release their new album, "La Raza", on March 16 via Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at Burbank, California's Tranzformer Studios, which is owned by Dave Jerdan (ALICE IN CHAINS, JANE'S ADDICTION), who produced ARMORED SAINT's 1991 classic "Symbol of Salvation" and Bryan Carlstrom, who engineered the same album. The band's first new release since 2001's "Nod to the Old School" was produced by bassist Joey Vera and engineered by Carlstrom and his assistant John Nuss.

To complete the package, the band employed photographer Stephanie Cabral and Metal Blade's own Brian Ames. Vera states, "Metal Blade is doing a really cool digipack package for us. We felt like the city of Los Angeles is such a big part of our fabric that we wanted to use that in the design of the artwork. So with the help of our good friend and photographer Stephanie Cabral and Brian Ames from the Metal Blade art department, we came up with a really cool package that represents our band and the music on this record. We also wanted to incorporate a 'green' action by leaving out the plastic CD tray and using recycled paper. The result is a classy and poignant package."

The song "Left Hook From Right Field" is available for streaming on the band's MySpace page.

Armored Saint Armore10

Source: Blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:51 am

This one should leak soon, anyone who have found it?
Would be interesting to hear, great band.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:28 am

On the golB now...I have listened to it 3 times now and I really like it...Excellent album!!!
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:35 am

Thank you heat, will give it a spin later today.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 am

Really pleased with how good this album is...
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 am

I'm listening to it now. I like a few songs... others are meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:21 am

Not their best, but stil a good, soltid album.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:49 pm

I wasn't impressed by the new album on the first listen, but it's constantly growing on me. The sound it's really HUGE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armored Saint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint   Armored Saint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armored Saint
Page 1 of 1