Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lair of the Minotaur

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Lair of the Minotaur Empty
PostSubject: Lair of the Minotaur   Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:23 am

Formed in 2003 LotM combine the aggressive assault of thrash with the bare knuckled anger of sludge with their lyrical premise being of the violent mythos of ancient Greece. Hailing from the US, LotM was started by Stephen Rathbone (guitar/vocals) who quickly recruited Larry Herweg (drums) and Donald James Barraca (bass). This lineup recorded their first self-titled demo in 2003. American label Southern Lord quickly snapped up the band and in 2004 their debut album Carnage was released featuring the original track list off their demo and two extra tracks Caravan of Blood Soaked Kentauroi and Warlord.

In 2005 the band released an ep for their upcoming album called Cannibal Massacre. The title song is slightly longer than that of the orginal and it also featured the unreleased track Horns of the Witch and the official video for The Wolf, a song from their previous album. The following year their second album was released titled The Ultimate Destroyer. LotM began to gain national recognition and their popularity began to surge. In the same year, Larry Herweg was replaced on drum duties by Chris Wozniak due to schedule commitments.

In 2007 the band went back to Volume Studio's to start work on their third album. In 2008 War Metal Battle Master was released and the band became an internationally recognised force, the band made a music video for the title song off their new album which had to be released in censored and uncensored versions due to violent scenes deemed inappropiate, the uncensored version can be viewed here.

People looking for metal with taste and class should stay right the fuck away from these guys, LotM are not a band who err on the side of caution and restraint nor a band who follows any trends or fads. Recommended for people who like to headbutt trucks and wrestle sharks.

Official
Metal-Archive
Myspace
Last.fm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lair of the Minotaur   Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:16 am

Last.fm went through a few days where it would NOT stop recommending this band to me, despite my banning every track that came up on the radio. I think they sound like generic shit. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Lair of the Minotaur   Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:32 am

CapNColostomy wrote:
Last.fm went through a few days where it would NOT stop recommending this band to me, despite my banning every track that came up on the radio. I think they sound like generic shit. *shrugs*
Fair enough, the band is fairly liberal in terms of who their main influence is (being early Celtic Frost) but to me these guys are a lot less generic than the wave of thrash revival bands who keep popping up everywhere.

Oh and I stopped last.fm from recommending me bands after the second week of using it, always got the same bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lair of the Minotaur   Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Well, to be fair it would usually recommend the same couple of songs. I'll check out their myspace and see if their other material is more to my liking.
Back to top Go down
NitrousBlond

NitrousBlond

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Lair of the Minotaur   Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:07 pm

I dig this band. I remember their music from a Tony Hawk video game. I was really digging it as I was playing the game. Good band!
Back to top Go down
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Lair of the Minotaur   Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:26 pm

ive been meaning to get their shit for a number of years now... could never find anything online

why is the blog down anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lair of the Minotaur   Lair of the Minotaur I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lair of the Minotaur
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Metal Sub Genres :: Thrash Metal-
Jump to: