Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus Empty
PostSubject: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:05 pm

ALBUM: Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Album: Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Artist: Candlemass
Released Date: June 10, 1986
Genre: Doom Metal
Label: Black Dragon Records
Playtime: 43:03

Members
Leif Edling - Bass
Johan Längqvist - Vocals
Mats Björkman - Guitar
Cille Svenson - "A Sorcerer's Pledge"
Mats Ekström - Drums
Klas Bergwall - Guitar

Playlist:
Solitude
Demons Gate
Crystal Ball
Black Stone Wielder
Under The Oak
A Sorcerer's Pledge

Information
This is album is said to be one of the most influenetial in Doom Metal history. I see why people say that. This is indeed one of the greatest albums in the history of Doom Metal, although I anjoy Nightfall more. Johann Lanqvist's vocals are excellent. Candlemass has some of the most epic souding doom metal, ever. The riffs are so slow and heavy they flow together nicely the melodies though. The solo's on this album show a lot of skill.
The songs on this album are simply amazing. From start to finish. Starting with 'Solitude', this song is the song that got me hooked on Candlemass. It's so heavy. Lanqvist's deep voice adds to the mood of the music. It seems to fit so well with the music on this album. After the intro to this song you're faced with a really moving riff. The lyrics to this song are about death. "Please let me die in Solitude' got me wrapped up in this band. This is the song that really started my affection for this band and for this genre.
I'm not a big fan of the begining of 'Demon's Gate' but once you get past the intro, you're in a pretty cool place. The guitars are ripping it up. This song is nine minutes of pure epicness and doom. The drums really seem to stand out in this song and are sorta of the main point to this song in my opinion. The break outs of insturments just possess heavyness to the max. I could listen to these 'insturmental' sections for hours alone. They bringy out the heavyness and doom in this album. 'Crystal Ball' comes up next. I personally like this song, even though the vocals don't seem to be there like in the rest of the songs. Something about this song gives me a hit of speed and thrashy sounds. I'm not sure why, but it always has. Anyway, even with that being said I highly enjoy the song. The really striking riff in the next song are what really make it stand out too me. The bass is also pretty fucking epic in this song. This song lacks something but I can't really put my finger on it, although it's extremely good in it's on right. I personally think the last two songs 'Under the Oak' and 'A Sorcerer’s Pledge' are pretty solid. I've seen people say these tracks aren't as good, but in my opinion they're strong soild songs.

Overall Ranking: 9/10, I love this album, but I personally enjoy Nightfall more.
Should I buy it? Of course, if you're a doom fan, or want to get into doom, or just enjoy Candlemass, buy it if you can.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:10 pm

This is definitely one of my all time favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Hail Candlemass!
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:11 am

This one was really hard for me to get into at first, as I'd never had heard any doom metal before. I bought it, and thought it sounded WAY to slow for my tastes. Couple a months later I gave it a few more spins and now I really enjoy it and have gotten more interested in doom. "Solitude" is a killer song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:45 am

Nightfall is definitely the better album, however this had far more influence, given that it pretty much got the ball rolling. I do really like some of the songs on it and ironic ending to A sorcerer's pledge was amusing, if a little out of character with the usual doom stuff. It's still, a great album and solitude is the best thing candlemass have ever written.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 am

Candlemass is a really awesome band and I like them much, but I'm sorry to say I don't have their debut... I need to get it.^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Epicus is where its at. The feud between Nigthfall and Epicus is the epitome of the war in Doom itself.

That is dark fantasy, and evil vs straight up doom. Epicus Doomicus stands on the former. Being about wizards, curses, evil cults, last men on earth, etc. Nightfall is about sadness, emotion, depression and death.

No matter which slice you take, both albums are fantastic doom. Its a shame modern Candlemass doesn't compare.
Back to top Go down
rotemare

rotemare

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:57 am

Nightfall is excellent, But Epicus Doomicus is one of the best albums ever in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Koukir

Koukir

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:50 am

Best Candlemass album and one of the greatest Doom albums EVER. I really need to get this on vinyl, its just so expensive....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus   Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: General :: Reviews-
Jump to: