Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. Empty
PostSubject: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:56 am

I'm writing a speech but ran out of things to say haha. Do all metal bands worship Satan? Why/why not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:38 am

Thats funny. Not all metal bands worship satan\are satanists... even if most of them talk about satan, and hate god and act like they worship satan in their lyrics and stuff, they still dont worship satan. in fact, youll only find a few that ACTUALLY worship satan, like Gaahl for instance. people just think that or say it and spread the rumour because of the way the lyrics to some metal songs are, i.e. hatred to god, and saying that satan is the one. At least this is all i know... People hate metal, they just try to spread rumours about it due to the fact that they think its bad. Heck, ive been called a devil worshipper so many times, and i bet many metalheads go through the same thing. but that dosent mean that i actually do worship Lucifer dosent it?
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:51 am

Personally, I'm an atheist, so I dont believe in God nor Satan.... I think a lot of Pagan and viking metal bands are like that as well. As for Satan worshipping bands, I think its pretty much just a gimmick and that its just part of the show... although I don't doubt that there are some who actually do dabble in devil worship.

A lot of people think if a person is atheist they automatically are a devil worshipper, which I find hilarious. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am

I don't think there are so many bands who actually writing satanic songs, for the purpose of worshipping Satan.
In most cases "religious" words and phrases as hell, heaven, beast, angel and so forth is used in a transferred meaning describing for example everyday life, wars, feelings, anger, persons, moods etc.
As religion is the only thing people in this world have in common, everybody can understand and relate to those words as they are more or less all alike in every religion.
Those who claim that a lyric is satanic is often very religious people that cannot see what lies behind the words and read the real story between the lines. At the same time, those people are experts to take text and phrases from their Holy Books out of context and interpret it the way it suits them best, either for personal use or use it to gain power over people...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:29 am

Here is a great example, like written on Venom's Black Metal Re-release, Venom wrote lyrics on Satan, but never worshiped him nor burnt churches, it was just for the show...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:33 am

Kellerz0r wrote:
I'm writing a speech but ran out of things to say haha. Do all metal bands worship Satan? Why/why not?

No, they don't all worship satan. For those bands that do it's normally a way to get more recognition too sell more records, etc. Although, I'm sure you've got bands/members of bands that may really be satanic. Honestly, I don't care. If the music is good, and the vocals are good/ok, I don't care if they're singing about Cowboy Butt Sex.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:47 am

Not all Metal is Satanic, shit, there's even Christian Metal out there. Why can't people just realize that?
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:50 am

GodlessEndeavor wrote:
Not all Metal is Satanic, shit, there's even Christian Metal out there. Why can't people just realize that?

True, and Pagan and viking metal is not Satanic either... not to mention the countless bands that have lyrical themes that have nothing to do with Satan or God.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:56 am

GodlessEndeavor wrote:

So true, a lot of people may not realize it, but from my understanding, 'Trouble' were all Chrisitians, and often sang about Christianity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:10 am

Metal isn't Satan's music. It's just music)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:35 am

🤣
I've written enough essays for today thank you very much!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:46 am

anyone who says that honestly needs a kick in the balls. i mean its just judging music without even bother to listen to it. and the problem is that nowadays, many kids who *cough* assume to like metal and want to start a metal band think its "cool" to talk about satan, and write lyrics about it. thats just sad imo, and its wrong too...thats not what metal is about, and thats why many people mistake it to be completely "satanic" and bullshit.

tbh im with dope on this one. most of the times, unless its melodic or power or heavy metal or something with clean vocals, i dont really bother with what it says. the music is what matters to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:37 pm

Meh, I'd rather it be more Satanic than Christian anyway - Satanists are more chill...and their music is better, haha. Christianity and Catholicism based lyrics are buzzkills, making an exception for Trouble.

I think a lot of bands in the metal genre as a whole base their lyrics around biblical themes just for shock value and what not, same goes with gore lyrics; but in the end it's all great, there's nothing wrong with sacrificing a goat here and there. Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. 10780
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:37 pm

The Satanic part of Metal music is just the appeal to people of the unknown. Do all Metal bands, or even most Metal bands worship the Satan? Of course not. In fact I would have to say that a good majority of bands that say they do are full of shit. They'd prolly piss their pants if satan popped up in front of them.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:35 pm

I find that most bands sing against Christianity because it has to be one of the most hypocritical organizations on the face of the Earth...at least next to politicians...and they're just displaying that to the public.
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Holy shit! Buttcakes on this forum, HAI BUTTCAKE What a Face
But yeah on topic, as Red Scorpion said, bands like Venom, Slayer, Mercyful Fate, etc used the satanic imagery as part of the show. Sure there are SOME bands out there who take the satanic shit too far, but I dare any non-metal fan to point out a band that actually does take it seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Vagabond wrote:
I dare any non-metal fan to point out a band that actually does take it seriously.
To bad none of them'll ever see your post eh?
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Mess wrote:
Vagabond wrote:
I dare any non-metal fan to point out a band that actually does take it seriously.
To bad none of them'll ever see your post eh?

Haha, true. Doesn't bother me though Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. 831747
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:33 am

GodlessEndeavor wrote:

Totally agree. The whole generalization that metal is [something] is so unnesecary, there's variation to everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:10 am

Tom Araya (Slayer) is catholic. Kerry King said his lyrics were about satan because it's more fun to write about him than jesus/god Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. 103223
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:14 am

trier wrote:
Tom Araya (Slayer) is catholic. Kerry King said his lyrics were about satan because it's more fun to write about him than jesus/god Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. 103223

He's right.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:16 am

trier wrote:

Yeah can't be any fun writing about jesus/god tongue It doesn't really suit the music type either :bounce:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:15 am

trier wrote:

yeah and he said people liked it more too, which is VERY true...he says it in the documentary i think...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:19 am

My thought: It's just music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:55 pm

No way! How can music be a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.   Metal – Devils music? Your opinion. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal – Devils music? Your opinion.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next