Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Random Death Metal Chat

Go down 
+11
blackearth
Pete_The_Ripper
Decay02
Podgie
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
rawheavygreen
dr.nutslap
Mash
Acid_Bath_
Heat
GodlessEndeavor
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:23 pm

A lot of that nu-dm is Deathcore. We do our best to avoid that shit. Fuckin pig rapists...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Calm down cowboy...

and yeah nu dm is basically deathcore, and it sucks 3 ass monkey balls...so yeah avoid that shit and were aiight...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:09 pm

LoL I love many death-metal bands, melo-death, tech-death, no matter what, If band kick ass or is catchy then I listen to this, and nobody has the right to tell me I am gay. You wanna call someone that ok, first see it, then take a picture and send us here.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:32 pm

He didn't say you were gay. He was basically stating his opinion on Melo Death and the like. Honestly, I gotta disagree with you, Mess, I enjoy a lot of Melo Death myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:40 pm

I know but I sometimes fuss someone and to go after him like worst enemy. It is a kind of my defensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Siting opinions is no way to win an argument or implement fact.
As is most often the case (like with BM and PM), DM was perfected almost as soon as it was created. Modern deviations have lead to nothing but faggotry, it's a shame all these hipsters are getting all the fame when it's their predecessors who deserve it.

Fuck shitfake metal...
And it's sympathy I have for fans of it, not hate.

Last edited by Mess on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:53 pm

HOOORAH...

now what does any of this have to do with death metal...back to topic...

mess dont even think about it...
Back to top Go down
Vieraili

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:37 pm

These bands are true death metal
Autopsy.
Slaughter.
Rippikoulu.
Abscess.
Master.
Asphyx.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Mess wrote:
Nu-death sucks.
And I know there's alot of confusion as to what real DM is around here, I've kept quite about it for long enough I think (same goes for back at MT).

Melo-Death is gay.
Tech-Death is gay.
Modern Brutal Death is gay as fuck.

Slam is the gayest thing known to man, same with deathcore.

Attempting to refute me would be futile, may we worship the real stuff as it is and as it comes.
cheers

So far I think these are the stupidest fucking comments I have seen here on this site. Mess, you may not like Melo, Tech. and Brutal Death Metal and that is fine. You are of course entitled to your own opinion. But to make dumbass silly statements like this just makes you look immature.

Enough with the "this is gay and that is gay" To each his own. Let everyone enjoy their music without trying to make them sound inferior or "GAY" for liking it. Let's get back on track here with a positive discussion about Death Metal.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:54 pm

Heat wrote:
Mess wrote:

Melo-Death is gay.
Tech-Death is gay.
Modern Brutal Death is gay as fuck.

Slam is the gayest thing known to man, same with deathcore.

So far I think these are the stupidest fucking comments I have seen here on this site. Mess, you may not like Melo, Tech. and Brutal Death Metal and that is fine. You are of course entitled to your own opinion. But to make dumbass silly statements like this just makes you look immature.
Ridiculous...
No, their not "dumbass silly statements". It's fact what I said and I don't care if you don't agree.
It's a bit of an oxymoron when you accuse me of making immature claims, then highlight all but one of my comments (the one you obviously agree with) writing them all off (one excluded) as "personal opinions", when really it's you who seems to have a problem with distinguishing between fact/opinion, and you've proved it by not highlighting all my "claims".
There's a bold definite line between "real" DM and the shitfake gutter garbage that's been popping up and getting praised lately, regardless of taste, it's there. If I'm expressing any opinion at all, it's my belief in that line.

You might argue that some forms of bullshit deathmetal is easier to take than others, but if it's on one side of the line, then it's there to stay and it all goes in the same pile.
I'll say no more on the subject, there's no argument here other than a slew of possible ad hominem's from you, and no ones interested in that I'm sure...
Heat wrote:

Enough with the "this is gay and that is gay" To each his own. Let everyone enjoy their music without trying to make them sound inferior or "GAY" for liking it.
The MUSIC is gay, not the listeners...
As I said above, it's sympathy I have for the fans, not any kind of animosity.
Removing my posts was erkingly unnecessary too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:14 am

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH....MESS I SAID ENOUGH OR IT SHALL BE OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!!!

lol ok now thats settled...and I KNOW mess...you said in the post you aint arguing on it again....so i DID see it. but enough please.

now where was i... oh yeah. anyone heard of The Monolith Deathcult? (tech DM...)
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:15 am

Listen Mess, I am not going to get into a pissing match with you.

You'd undoubtedly lose.

Please just tone down the band flaming a bit.

No need to try and make anyone feel inferior.

Now, back on topic with Death Metal. The next bullshit post in this thread and it gets locked. Period...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 am

Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 965191
Admin Power Cop-out...

Anyway...
Who else thinks Pestilence is more death than thrash?
I think it's 60%/40% in death's favor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 am

oh you know you know??? i think there thrash...at least the album i have..
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Mess wrote:
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 965191
Admin Power Cop-out...

Anyway...
Who else thinks Pestilence is more death than thrash?
I think it's 60%/40% in death's favor.
I'm really trying to be pattient here with you but you pissing me off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:34 pm

I changed the subject didn't I?
And I don't know what else you'd call threatening to close a topic because you don't like the views expressed in them.
No need to get touchy, we were well on our way to "normalizing" this topic anyway...
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:54 pm

OK NOW, that's enough, folks. So how do you think Death Metal got its name? That's one topic that's always had me scratching my head...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:04 pm

GodlessEndeavor wrote:
So how do you think Death Metal got its name? That's one topic that's always had me scratching my head...
Lyrical content + the band Death, I always thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:22 am

Mess wrote:
I meant what all the hip-kids call "tech" nowadays, bands like Beneath The Massacre and other modern garbage acts.
Obviously old Atheist shit is great, it's the nu-DM bullshit that pisses me off.

Makes sense.

Either way, on the subject of Pestilence, never actually found anyone who thought Spheres was a good album. Blasphemy but it's my favourite from them.

And also I thought 'Death Metal' came from the Possessed album?
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 am

Ok, it's been said before, BUT FUCKING LISTEN TO HOUR OF PENANCE!!! They're like Decapitated on steroids
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 1:52 pm

I also thought Possessed's Demo "Death Metal" had influence on the genre's name. Then again, at the same time "Death's" name seems like it would have a pretty big influence. So, I'm not sure. I've never really read anyones opinions on it, honestly.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 1:55 pm

I honestly think that Death had a bigger impact than Possessed's demo did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 pm

For Pestilence; they were certainly more thrash than death on their first album, but then gradually shifted towards tech-death through their next few releases. I think all the reasons cited for the origin of the name 'death metal' are equally valid; it was just a combination of a bunch of things, I suppose, not one specific incident (such as Venom's 'Black Metal') that really set the name in stone. Also, I really don't care what style a band is, as long as they're good Wink But my favourites have always been old-school death/doom bands, like Asphyx, early Bolt Thrower, Incantation, Demigod, etc. The newer, polished death metal seems to just make me scratch my head in disbelief, though; I always thought the point of death metal was to create an atmosphere of horror and decay, which is completely abandoned for technical proficiency in these newer bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Also_Unknown wrote:
I always thought the point of death metal was to create an atmosphere of horror and decay, which is completely abandoned for technical proficiency in these newer bands.

I agree with this COMPLETELY...new bands seem to deviate more from that fact...but meh, some of them are still good, and besides, its based on the vocals i think...(at least thats what ive noticed) but they are deviating from the main DM atmosphere...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

As far as atmosphere goes, I think nothing has come close to Funeral Doom, but I'm guessing there's another thread for that Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Death Metal Chat
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next