Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review Empty
PostSubject: Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review   Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:33 am

I went to see Metallica with Lamb of God and Volbeat on November 3rd at the Scotiabank Place in Ottawa. The show was sold out (obviously) and after missing Volbeat completely, we showed up about half way through Lamb of God's set. I have never been a fan of Lamb of God and their flat, boring style. Their live show did not change my mind. I don't know if it was just the sound quality of the arena or not, but the band sounded horrible and the vocalist was just annoying in my opinion. I was relieved when they finally walked off the stage 3 songs after they said it was their last one.

Next up was Metallica. First off, the stage was awesome. It was almost the size of a hockey rink and was in the
middle of the arena. The band came out after the traditional "Good, Bad, Ugly" intro and they played a couple of songs from Death Magnetic. I think that was a poor choice to start a Metallica show, but whatever. They performed well and there was a very cool light show thought. After these songs, the band played a slew of their more popular older songs such as Creeping Death, Fade to Black, Battery, Master of Puppets, One, Motorbreath, and a few cuts from The Black Album, Reload and Death Magnetic. The band was very energetic and James Hetfield (singer) pretty much ran around the stage the entire show using many different mics that were set up. There were awesome pyrotechnics throughout the show including fire shooting out of the stage and giant coffins moving around above. The show ended with a promise to suck all of the energy from the crowd. The band played the song Seek and Destroy and demanded every person in the crowd sing along at the top of their lungs.

Overall this concert was very enjoyable, and with a few less Death Magnetic songs it would have been even better. Metallica are known to be an excellent live band, and I would not disagree.

Mash

Last edited by Mash on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review   Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:10 pm

Too bad you missed out Volbeat...their incredible live!
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review   Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah I missed them because the ticket said the show started at 8:00 but it actually started at 7:00. We got there at about 8:00 and LoG were already half way through their set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Termedea

Termedea

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review   Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Voggis wrote:
Too bad you missed out Volbeat...their incredible live!
Agree to that, they sure know how to get the audience going!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review   Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica. Lamb of God, and Volbeat ---- Concert Review
Page 1 of 1