Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Video & Movies related to Metal

Go down 
+7
Nocturnal
Discrowned
jjbeerj
Heat
okirimono
EvilFever
Blije_Ties
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Blije_Ties

Blije_Ties

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Video & Movies related to Metal Empty
PostSubject: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:56 am

Videoclips & Movies with Metal

So, first of, I'd like to say that I don't realy know where to put this topic. I haven't been able to find a place on the board
to put stuff like this. I could be mistaking, but Mod's should see this as an open invitation to relocate this thread to any
anywhere they see fit, preferably not the thrashcan though, seeing I've put quite some time in this post.

I thought it would be a cool idea to post some videoclips and movies in which Metal has been used either as a soundtrack or as
a sidedish/ minor plotitem in a story. This way I might be able to show you people a thing or two that can either be educational
or just for your viewing entertainment...I lied about the educational part though.

What I am NOT trying to accomplish is post stuff about metalvideoclips. I mean, it is obvious that those have metal and metal
references in them. I plan on making a new thread for that in the near future.

The list isn't in a particular order. And please forgive my spelling, I realise it may be shoddy at times.

Let me kick off with one of the most famous movies that has Metal in it, although we are talking about a great deal of so-called
proto-metal.

1. HEAVY METAL (1981)

Video & Movies related to Metal Heavy-metal-1981-poster

This wonderfull piece of cult material is, as far as I know, the earliest animated-metal-related filmpiece. It features scantly
clad women, muscular men, violence and black humor, and is clearly meant for an adult viewing audience. Produced in Canada by
and for the comic magazine of the same name, the central story evolves around a green circle that is the embodiement of
evil itsself. There are 9 short stories in short, all in different settings. Artists featured on the soundtrack en the respective tracks
are:
1. "Heavy Metal" (Original Version) (Sammy Hagar) (3:50)
2. "Heartbeat" (Riggs) (4:20)
3. "Working in the Coal Mine" (Devo) (2:48)
4. "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" (Blue Öyster Cult) (4:48)
5. "Reach Out" (Cheap Trick) (3:35)
6. "Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride)" (Don Felder) (5:00)
7. "True Companion" (Donald Fagen) (5:02)
8. "Crazy (A Suitable Case for Treatment)" (Nazareth) (3:24)
9. "Radar Rider" (Riggs) (2:40)
10. "Open Arms" (Journey) (3:20)
11. "Queen Bee" (Grand Funk Railroad) (3:11)
12. "I Must Be Dreamin'" (Cheap Trick) (5:37)
13. "The Mob Rules" (alternate version) (Black Sabbath) (2:43)
14. "All of You" (Don Felder) (4:18)
15. "Prefabricated" (Trust) (2:59)
16. "Blue Lamp" (Stevie Nicks) (3:48)

If you are not familiar with the movie (younger readers) you can find more info in this wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Metal_%28film%29

2. HEAVY METAL 2000 (2000)

Video & Movies related to Metal Fakk2_boxshot

In the wake of a great cult classic follows this mutated piece of cinematic crap. It is blasphemous that a sequal this shitty has ever been
made and bears the same name. Also animated but it follows 1 story line. In the original, the clumsyness was charming, in this "2000" follow up
it is embarassing at the least to have to admit you saw the movie and sat the whole ride out (raises hand in guilt...I did).
This movie is poop, though it does feature artists and tracks that are 'more' metal.
Wiki-link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Metal_2000

3. WILD AT HEART (1990)

Video & Movies related to Metal Wildatheart

"Wild at heart" was shown on the Cannes film Festival of 1990 and comes from the hand of David Lynch. Nicholas Cage (whom I am happy to say did
not act crappy...I hate him in most movies) and Wille Defoe are the most famous actors starring in this movie. The metal is not
a big part here, it only appears as an interlude to some energetic scenes (when you know shit is gonna go down) and the band playing
the song is also featured in the movie when they perform in a disco/bar. The band? POWERMAD with the track "Slaughterhouse".
A clip:

Imdb-link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100935/

4. Ace Ventura - Petdetective (1994)

Video & Movies related to Metal Ace_ventura_pet_detective

Whoever likes Jim Carrey likes Ace. One of his best movies (together with the Mask) if you like the kind of humor Jim stands for.
In e certain scene, Ace can be seen (although he doesn't want to, because he's being followed) at a concert of Cannibal Corpse.
A clip:

Imdb-link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109040/

5. Metal: A Headbanger's Journey
It's not completely fair to put this one in the list, but I guess it's the best documentary on metal out there. If you haven't seen it before
than Youtube has the answer for you.
Showing you part 1 of 19:

6. Wayne's World (1992) & Bill and Tedd's excellent adventure (1989)

Video & Movies related to Metal Waynes_world_front_big Video & Movies related to Metal Bill_Ted

These two comedies (and their sequals) have large amounts of underpants-humor (onderbroekenlol as we say in Dutch). They almost constantly refer to
Rock and Metal. Wayne trying to organise a sort of Woodstock to win over some girl, and Bill n Ted trying to win a bandcontest
as the group "Wild Stallions".
Wayne and Garth doing a song...not realy metal, but neither is Aerosmith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oAIh8BpGec
Bill and Ted as the Wild Stallions:

7. Detoroito Metaru Shiti (2008)

Video & Movies related to Metal 424px-detroitcitymetal

This movie is weird...and I guess you have to be Japanese to catch all the humor in it. That it's meant as a comedy is plain
to all. It's about a young student that leaves home to go and study in the big city. He plays guitar, want to make it big in the buiz, and
offcourse he meets a girl. He would like to be fashionable, but his soggy lovesongs don't do it for the public, than, there is his alter
ego named "Krauser", who is evil and bad-ass, and who looks like a demented clown/Kiss groupie hybrid. Krauser is the vocalist of the
DeathMetal band DMC (Detroit Metal City) and doesn't even vaguely sound like death metal, but lets just accept that for the sake of
conveinience. He doesn't want to be evil though, and so he tries to break free from his role as frontman in pursuit of his girl.
Care to give it a try?

8. Metalocalypse (2006)

Video & Movies related to Metal Metalocalypse

Too obvious: A cartoon series about a deathmetalband called Dethklok and they actualy do make music (and clips).
At the moment, they have 2 albums out.

9. Korgoth (from Barbaria)

Video & Movies related to Metal Vlcsnap352230bo1

One of my all time favorite animated material, it is a shame and indeed a curse that cartoon network only allowed the pilot to be aired.
Korgoth is a Conan type of guy, not much for words, but good with a sword. The setting is a postapocalyptic world in which mankind
has fallen back to the stoneage and monsters roam the land. The pilot is featured on Youtube in 3 parts. The soundtrack is metal (80's)
and here is the intro:

Hope you enjoyed, feel free to add!

Last edited by Voggis on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed the title topic to a more accurate one.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Blije_Ties

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Me likey....Some movies I've seen, some i didnt know of ...but yeah what you did there is preeeeeeeeeeeeeettyyyyyyyyyy cool tongue

but A headbangers journey comes more under documentary, not movie innit?
Back to top Go down
EvilFever
EvilFever

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Heavy Metal in Baghdad was pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bloody-forest.blogspot.com
okirimono

okirimono

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 3:27 pm

I have seen both Heavy Metal and Heavy metal 2000. And I agree Heavy metal 2000 was terrible in comparison.

A Headbanger's Journey is awesome. I watched it quiet recently.

I have read around two chapters of the Detroit Metal City comic, and it is easily the crappiest thing associated with metal that I have ever come across. So, I'm not even going to try the movie.

Whoopdeedoo for Metalocalypse....I absolutely love it.

And I should give Korgoth a try....looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.okirimono.deviantart.com
Blije_Ties

Blije_Ties

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:04 pm

@Okirimono: I never knew about DMC before I saw the movie. My friend and I sat down and he said he wanted to suprise me with something completely retarded and have a beer and a smoke while viewing. We got more than we bargained for.

@EvilFever: Yes, absolutely, it was realy weird seeing how different people over there view Metal. Thank you for pointing that out, I almost forgot about it. For other who haven't seen it yet, here's Part I

@Cheese: yup, you're right, but I actualy screwed the topic name up, because it was meant to be about all video material related to metal, not just movies. My bad, should have made that clear, but I think I mentioned it at my sorta-disclaimer-thingy.

Back to the docu EvilFever talked about. The makers of this (VBS - VBS.tv) also have a quite interesting piece on black metal too. They are interviewing Gaahl about this n that and take a look at the obligatory church burning.

again, Part I i post for you, if interested, you'll have to search for follow-ups yourself.

spoiler alert

in the end it became quite clear to me that the interviwer doesn't know black metal (and it's extremist folowers) well enough. He asks Gaahl for guidance, while it is a path every bm acolyte has to walk by itself.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:48 am

Some really good movies in this post.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
jjbeerj

jjbeerj

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:34 am

Watched "Until The Light Takes Us" last week. It didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.
Back to top Go down
Discrowned

Discrowned

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:00 am

Gotta love the animated Heavy Metal. Slightly OT but due to its similar animation style etc anyone seen Fire & Ice?
Back to top Go down
Blije_Ties

Blije_Ties

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:31 am

Yep, seen it. The animation style is related indeed, and I liked the movie. It's not something I'd watch a second time though, not without beer anyway.

More on-topic. Mortal Kombat featured some nice fight scenes (and it's a great button bashing game). One fight in particular drew my attention: Johnny Cage Vs Scorpion, it's got a Fear Factory soundtrack. I believe the song is Zero Signal, or some medley-ish version.

Clerks 2 is a great movie (yes I'm a sucker for dumb dialogue and chumor) imo, and it has many memorable scenes. The one with Jay, Silent Bob and Randall harassing the christian kid takes the cake though. Why?
King muuddafokkin' Diamond!

there are some scenes from Mortal Kombat that features to guys in cheap pyjamas (SubZero & Scorpion) with some unrecognisable metal stapled to it.
First scene is from a fight in the movie "MK Conquest"

this 2nd one is from the TV series (I never knew they made one). Excellent acting/dialogue...if excellent meant pooping in public while singing along to Diana Ross
Back to top Go down
Blije_Ties

Blije_Ties

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:35 am

The Misanthrope

Wanna see some KVLT shit?
You sure?
It's boring as fuck, but Nocturno Culto (from Darkthrone) shows us some ice fishing action on his DVD....frosty

I already said it was boring, but I'm gonna post it anyway. At least there's some nice music that goes with the talk and footage. And forests...if you're into that shit Wink

Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Bill&Ted's excellent adventure and Wayne's world
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/NovemberRust
CrashBangWallop

CrashBangWallop

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 am

Get Thrashed is a nice documentary...and Anvil!
Back to top Go down
BrandonConvicted

BrandonConvicted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Hahah Cannibal Corpse in Ace Ventura is so fuckin' good.

I love the Sam Dunn movies, Global Metal, and Metal: A Headbanger's Journey. He makes awesome documentaries.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 am

Blije_Ties wrote:
The Misanthrope

Wanna see some KVLT shit?
You sure?
It's boring as fuck, but Nocturno Culto (from Darkthrone) shows us some ice fishing action on his DVD....frosty

I already said it was boring, but I'm gonna post it anyway. At least there's some nice music that goes with the talk and footage. And forests...if you're into that shit Wink

Not too far from where I live. An hour + drive from to that place where they ice fish. There's some nice snow conditions there as well, so I use to go skiing there one or two times during the winter.
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
okirimono

okirimono

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Everyone needs to watch this. It's fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:38 pm

okirimono wrote:

Everyone needs to watch this. It's fucking awesome.

Looks really good! Cant tell what the story is by that trailer...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
EvilFever
EvilFever

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Too lazy to read whole thread, Heavy Metal from Baghdad was a great one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bloody-forest.blogspot.com
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:18 am

The show Metal Evolution on VH1 is pretty good. They dedicate each show to a style of metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
okirimono

okirimono

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:13 am

Mash wrote:

Looks really good! Cant tell what the story is by that trailer...lol

It's about this kid who loses his mother in a car crash and later meets Hesher, a dirt-bag metalhead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video & Movies related to Metal   Video & Movies related to Metal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video & Movies related to Metal
Page 1 of 1