Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Big Four to play in California, one day only

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Urban Berserker

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2011-01-19

The Big Four to play in California, one day only Empty
PostSubject: The Big Four to play in California, one day only   The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 pm

From the New York Times
Quote :
January 25, 2011, 11:42 am
Bang Your Head and Protect Your Ears: The Big Four Are Coming to California
By DAVE ITZKOFF
Big 4

If the Empire Polo Club in Indio, Calif., isn’t completely resodded and picked clean of trash immediately after this year’s Coachella festival wraps up on April 17, we’re guessing the field’s next major occupants won’t mind too much. The following Saturday, April 23, those same fairgrounds will be home to the one-day festival the Big 4, which apparently aspires to be the heaviest heavy-metal show that ever tested the mettle of metalheads.

The only acts appearing on the bill, which was announced on Tuesday morning by the concert promoter Goldenvoice, are the high-volume bands Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax, and if you need more musicians than that, your eardrums are made from sterner stuff than ours. It will be the first time all four acts appear on the same bill in the United States, and the first time they will have played together since a series of European dates last summer. (Don’t blame them for the Icelandic volcano eruption, which happened in the spring.)

Tickets for the Big 4 festival are $99 for general admission and $199 for “V.I.P.” tickets, and will go on sale through Ticketmaster on Friday. The conscientious metalheads had better have the Empire Polo Club cleaned up by April 30, when it hosts the Stagecoach country music festival.

I just can't believe they're not going to do a full tour Shocked It would be the promotion of a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four to play in California, one day only   The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:15 am

I saw 2 out of 4 at a festival last summer (Slayer and Megadeth). To tell you the truth, I'm good with that Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
ostler

ostler

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four to play in California, one day only   The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 pm

This would have been awesome if it were still 1991!
Back to top Go down
wingkon

wingkon

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four to play in California, one day only   The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 pm

The Big 4 originated in California. I don't see why they'd only play there for a day.
Back to top Go down
The Urban Berserker

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four to play in California, one day only   The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:03 am

Well 3/4 of them did anyway, remember Anthrax represents the East coast
Back to top Go down
UponDoom

UponDoom

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four to play in California, one day only   The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:46 pm

I live in Georgia and I'm only 15 so I can say goodbye to going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four to play in California, one day only   The Big Four to play in California, one day only I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Four to play in California, one day only
Page 1 of 1