Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Porcupine tree

Go down 
+3
Voggis
Heat
Nocturnal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Amazing psychedelic and prog combination. Nowadays i m listening fewer tracks but i ll buy or download their albums as soon as possible.

Last edited by Nocturnal on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/NovemberRust
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:50 pm

I have been meaning to check these guys out. Album recs?
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Porcupine Tree is about as far from doom metal as you can get.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:52 pm

bucky01403 wrote:
Porcupine Tree is about as far from doom metal as you can get.
Nocturnal realised it, but Heat had answered the tread already when he tried to delete his post. As you can see...it's now moved to the right place...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm

I like some of their stuff.
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Heat wrote:
I have been meaning to check these guys out. Album recs?

All of them, haha Smile Seriously, they're all very good but check out Deadwing, In Abentia, Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun, they're my favorites Smile
Back to top Go down
Nisstyre 56

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Fear of A Blank Planet is what got me into them. So I suggest FoABP + Nil Recurring EP as well as In Absentia and Deadwing. To be prefectly honest, I find most of the pre-Gavin Harrison stuff not as much to my liking as with him.

Oh, and the Futile EP, always the Futile EP.
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:48 am

Nisstyre 56 wrote:
Fear of A Blank Planet is what got me into them. So I suggest FoABP + Nil Recurring EP as well as In Absentia and Deadwing. To be prefectly honest, I find most of the pre-Gavin Harrison stuff not as much to my liking as with him.

Oh, and the Futile EP, always the Futile EP.

Yeah, there something about the Futile EP, right? Especially the first song, "Orchidia" Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:02 am

Seen them live twice and they are very, very good.

Saying that there's only three albums of theirs I like. Deadwing, Fear of a Blank Planet and In Absentia, in that order.
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:13 pm

I LOVE THIS BAND. Something about them I just highly enjoy.

Was the live show kickass, or what?
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:48 am

Dopesmoker wrote:
I LOVE THIS BAND. Something about them I just highly enjoy.

Was the live show kickass, or what?

When I saw them at the Indig02 they were outstanding. When I saw them at Download a couple of years before they looked a bit sceptical about their surroundings but they still put on a great performance even if the crowd wasn't really what they were used to.

I'd happily see them live again.
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:56 am

Yeah, I've seen them twice here in Sweden and both the times they've been outstanding. I would gladly go and see them again if I had the oppurtunity.
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:15 pm

Porcupine tree is working on a new studio album!!! The releasedate is set on 22 september this year. They're also planning an album tour. Can't wait to hear the album and see them live once again. I have a feeling that 2009 will be a good year Porcupine tree 546327
Back to top Go down
Opethian

Opethian

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:04 am

Good band. Steve Wilson is a maestro. They are getting heavier these days, and Wilson says that it's the 'Opeth influence'.
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Awesome band!
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Excellent band, only had an opportunity to see them once, but it was a spectacular show, left me hoping they'd return before too long. They seemed to have a good time themselves
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 am

Opethian wrote:
Good band. Steve Wilson is a maestro. They are getting heavier these days, and Wilson says that it's the 'Opeth influence'.

Yeah, Opeth is a big influence and Wilson has also mentioned Morbid Angel, Tool and Meshuggah as other influences Smile
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:27 am

^As of recent times, anyway; apparently he got a bit bored with other stuff, and was looking for better musicianship for inspiration, which drew him to metal.

Heh, the older stuff is a bit more tongue in cheek, and has more of a fun, spontaneous feel, but I still think the musicianship there is great.
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:52 am

I love their music, but I'm not sure they'd be a band I'd want to see live. For me live music is a chance to headbang and slamdance, not really on offer from these guys I wouldn't think.

I wouldn't complain if they came on a festival bill but I'm not sure I'd stick a whole set...

I agree with the others in that I can't find a weak album in there, I really like all of them.
Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:29 pm

i used to dig this band
Back to top Go down
ostler

ostler

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Really like In Absentia and Deadwing, Fear of a Blank Planet is pretty good too. Thought The Incident was shit though, it just didn't go anywhere. I'm not too familiar with their earlier stuff. Seen them live three times, and that's probably enough.
Back to top Go down
Nihil_
Nihil_

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm

ostler wrote:
Really like In Absentia and Deadwing, Fear of a Blank Planet is pretty good too. Thought The Incident was shit though, it just didn't go anywhere. I'm not too familiar with their earlier stuff. Seen them live three times, and that's probably enough.

Yeah, you sum up pretty much everything I feel about this band now. Seen them 3 time live now and their lost show was pretty weak coz they played the HOLE "the Incident" and then some other songs later. The Incident was kind of a disappointment. Let's hope Steven Wilson can come up with something better next time! =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Porcupine tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porcupine tree   Porcupine tree I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Porcupine tree
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Metal Sub Genres :: Non-Metal-
Jump to: