Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) Empty
PostSubject: The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band)   The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Folk/Acoustic/Rock

A common liking for Metal, Bluegrass and Folk Music is what brought the 'Dog Days' together. Like so many bands before them, they got together after a drunken discussion about music in their local pub. Not so long after that faithful night, their first jams were held in the grotty little living room of Neil and Dan's house in Hot Black Road. This was in the hot summer months of 2006, hence the name 'The Dog Days Of Summer'.

The music is all acoustic with a metal and punk feel. The songs comprise of Rock and Heavy Metal covers in a Bluegrass style, some traditional Bluegrass songs plus a few Folk songs added in for good measure.

They practiced for a year and a half, playing every local gig they could get their greasy little mitts on too, but alas it was not meant to be and they called it a day at christmas 2007.

Until Now!!!!

After a second drunken night down a completely different pub they decided to reform with a slightly different line up. There now is a new addition (Jasmin) who is to take over Bass duties from Dan, who is now playing guitar . Jo is now concentrating on mandolin, and Tim is unfortunatly no longer in the band due to The Rotted commitments. .

The types of song they will be playing will remain pretty much the same, Its mainly covers played with their unique twist. If its fun and they can play it drunk its gonna make it in the set. they've now begun work on some original stuff too!

www.myspace.com/thedogdaysofsummeruk
Back to top Go down

The Dog Days Of Summer (My Band)
Page 1 of 1