Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Appearance

Go down 
+8
Edible
Hutchinson
Mash
Vagabond
BravoYankeeEcho
GodlessEndeavor
Heat
mygga_med_stil
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Appearance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:51 am

Note: I wrote this on another forum. I actually wanted to post this originally, but couldn't be arsed to go and search through it at the other forum I posted it on. This is updated, I wrote this on June 24, 2007 @ 12:37 AM EST. It is more definitive than the original one I wrote back then.

The perfect true heavy metal look:

Hair: Long, if you hair is short or you prefer it short... don't do anything fancy to it or it'll look emo. Though it's best to have long hair.
Eyes: Black wrap-around sunglasses (mine are tinted dark blue). NO nerdy glasses, if you wear them, take them off... or get contacts. If you hate putting things in your eyes... then go get prescriptional sunglasses. You may want to wear them all the time... you'll be the Lil' Jon of heavy metal!
Jacket: Schott Classic Perfecto Leather Motorcycle Jacket 118. If you can't afford one, go and get a cheap off shoot brand. Trench coats also work if you prefer them. Make sure it's black or dark blue! Oh yes, denim jacket. Denim jackets are extremely metal!
Shirt: T-shirt of your favorite metal band or any shirt. That is up to you!
Legs: Blue jeans, black jeans... shorts as well... but not short shorts! Leather pants also works if you like 'em.
Feet: Footwear is mandatory! Doc Marten boots (10 eyelet and up), Chuck Taylor All-Stars or any kind of skateboard sneakers (low tops are the best). It really doesn't matter what kind of shoes actually, tennis shoes work too. Whatever.
Optional: Wristbands and gloves (cut-off). Bullet belt or stud belt. Corpse paint, if you're into black metal. Studs... you can put the studs on your leather jacket or whatever. Bottle of any alcholic beverage (JACK is the best) in your hand, in your other hand you might want a cigarette. Tattoos and a piercing here and there is an option. Facial hair is also optional. The Lemmy moustache is the only moustache that is really metal as far as moustaches go.

There ya have it folks! Looks I covered it all. OK, if you think this sounds good... say so. If there needs to be changes, indicate that.
Back to top Go down
BravoYankeeEcho

BravoYankeeEcho

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:23 am

God I hate blacl leather trenchcoats. tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:48 am

Hm what can I say, I have a short hairs, but they aren't very very short, just normal, I like to wear the beard, I have some t-shirts, When it's rainy, cold or veryyy cold, I wear my M65 military black jacket, and nothing is horrible to me, In the evening I wear my olive ...also military polar cuz is reservedly, I only wear jeans, shoes only black, the normal men's, I do not like sports shoes, especially sneakers.
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:23 am

I found an interesting quote from one of the young gun thrash metal bands in a magazine:

"We wanna sound like those 80s bands did, we wanna dress like 'em too. Why? Because we fucking missed it!"

Damn straight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:55 pm

mygga_med_stil wrote:
I found an interesting quote from one of the young gun thrash metal bands in a magazine:

"We wanna sound like those 80s bands did, we wanna dress like 'em too. Why? Because we fucking missed it!"

Damn straight!

that`s so true...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:17 pm

I have long hair(maybe i'm going to have them dyed black), bands shirts, wristbands(metallica), tattoos... I use to wear glasses but now i wear contacts for everybody to see my beautiful eyes. The look is not everything, the music is the most important but i like what i wear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Basically I have long hair and just slob about in jeans and t-shirt (not many band ones). Nothing special.

I have long hair but I'm getting it cut soon, longer than my girlfriends which is bit much and it gets in the way at the worst of times. Just tired of it being in the way really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:06 am

I have dyed red hair, dye I use is Schwarzkopf Live Real Red Permanent colour, only thing is it fades after a few weeks, so I have to keep dying it.

I wear black all the time - black skirts, plain black, frilly black, patterned black, black velvet, black leggings, band T shirts, black vest tops.

When I am working at my kids' school I wear more classic black shirts, ie gothic or just plain black clothes.

I have a black leather biker jacket that I have owned for years and a black long plastic trenchcoat type thing, plus a long ex army black coat for cold winters, and a black furry velvety type goth coat for the school.

I wear purely DMs, I have 3 pairs, one for really muddy places, one for everyday and one pair of steel toe caps that are quite new. In warmer weather, I wear converse trainers, I have 2 pairs, black and blue, and a pair of pink, yes pink Lonsdale converse trainers.

I have 3 tattoos, one on each upper arm, of a long haired man, a fallen angel, and on my back. my own design, the Nephilim Christ.

I sometimes have identity crises cos of the way I dress and my age, and the fact I now work in a school where my kids go. But if I toned down, as so many folk do, I would be so unhappy.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:24 am

It was important when I was a teenager...but that's twenty years ago Appearance - Page 2 965191

Now I have to wear more practically and warm to keep my arthritis under control... Shocked

I do wear my band t-shirts now and then, especially during the summer. Without the t-shirts it's impossible for anybody to figure out what kind of music I like....but they figure it out if they have a walk in my neighborhood.... Appearance - Page 2 193966
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:28 pm

I have short hair and normally look and dress like 99% of all other people. Every so often I'll wear a band shirt, which is the only way to distinguish that I'm 'metal.' Unless you ride in the car with me and get blasted. Appearance - Page 2 546327

I've got way more band shirts than I need to have. Off the top of my head -- Death, Testament, Suffocation, Mortification, Demilich, Sorrowstorm, Animosity, Metallica, S.O.D., Arch Enemy, Corrosion of Conformity...maybe a few more.

I also have your standard issue camo pants and also camo shorts. Also have a demin vest with a few patches sewn on and many more to go. Don't know if that'll ever get done. And I do have a couple bullet belts that I bought from, believe it or not, www.bulletbelts.com . My future wife always gives me shit for having them. "Why don't you get rid of those? You're never going to wear them again." Because I just WANT to fucking HAVE them! Appearance - Page 2 877339
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:47 am

blackearth wrote:
And I do have a couple bullet belts that I bought from, believe it or not, www.bulletbelts.com . My future wife always gives me shit for having them. "Why don't you get rid of those? You're never going to wear them again." Because I just WANT to fucking HAVE them! Appearance - Page 2 877339

Heh you should just start wearing them everywhere just to prove a point; to work, to the shops, weddings, funerals, in the shower.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:02 am

I have some band shirts (Electric Wizard, Alcest, even Frank Zappa) and my hair is a little too long right now. But it's getting cut in about 2 weeks.
A lot of people who have long hair, band patches, dr martens, leather pants.. I think they look like shit. Seriously, I think they're hideous. Just a band shirt and some dark jeans is way better imho.
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Thought I'd share my newly updated baby with y'all.

Appearance - Page 2 P1010232m

Appearance - Page 2 P1010237
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:53 pm

I used too have long hair but have had a shaved head for the past 3 years now. Think I own 3 or 4 band shirts. I live and breath metal but I don't look like it. I lure my surroundings in to a false sens of security so to speak and then smash them over the head with my doomhammer.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Well i have long hair, i actualyl only wear band t shirts :p, often tight black jeans , a leather biker jacket. Stud belt. And in the summer pilot glasses.

well and i gotta buy a bullet belt soon.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:15 pm

mygga_med_stil wrote:
Thought I'd share my newly updated baby with y'all.

Appearance - Page 2 P1010232m

Appearance - Page 2 P1010237

Sexy... I'll do something like that if I get the chance
Back to top Go down
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Hair: usually get a buzzcut every 6 months so it does grow out a bit but nothing too crazy... i never do anything with my hair
Eyes: just my glasses... since i hate not seeing shit... and i dont look too nerdy in them... contacts cost too much atm for me... maybe some time later
Jacket: my leather jacket... just a plain leather jacket nothing special... but i love wearing it Very Happy its comfy
Shirt: all band shirts except for a few shirts that are witty comments... band shirts: iced earth, lamb of god, mastodon, slayer, exodus, behemoth, opeth, amon amarth... might be some more that i cant remember...
Legs: camo pants or camo shorts depending on the weather...
Feet: black socks... and a pair of black vans
Optional: erm... i dont really wear anything extra... no tattoos... havent found anything i wanna put on me yet... most likely ill draw something for myself one day...

basically aside from the glasses ive got the regular death metal look... ironically ive had this look since before i even listened to death metal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:49 am

I used to have long hair, but I changed my image a couple of days ago... I wear bands t-shirts, my custom jacket with patchs and buttons, etc. Not in summer, though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appearance   Appearance - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Appearance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Off Topic Discussions :: Total Nonsense-
Jump to: