Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez

Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez Empty
    PostSubject: Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez   Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is an interesting demo for the most part, Impetigo seems like they have a metal and punk sounding on here. I guess you can say it is punk/metal or not so really extreme grindcore that we all know and love. Anyhow, naming the styles they play on this demo is not important. All I know is that it sounds great. This is a live demo that was recorded in 1987. I find this to be a very enjoyable listen. Stevo interacts with the crowd very nicely. He seems like a genuinely nice person while he's performing on stage. This sounds like it might be Impetigo's first show. I’m not too sure since Stevo says some introductory type of things like “this is a new song, but aren’t they all?” He introduces all of the songs and his mother was even present.

Who’s Fucking Who seems like it was just recorded right on the spot. Not sure if this was a part of their repertoire later on in their career. It begins with a drum solo and then you hear Stevo chugging a long on his bass. The guitars soon come in and it sounds pretty slow at first, but then it picks up. This is really great sounding, though it sounds a bit sketchy. Mr. Ed is the next track and it’s a little bit of a cover of the TV show’s theme song. Don’t know Mr. Ed? Mr. Ed was a 1960’s television series that appeared on Nick At Nite in the 80’s, I remember watching it back then when I was a little kid. My Lai comes after Mr. Ed and it features some great guitar riffing and zany vocals. This is one solid track.

Morticia’s Frump and Bad Dreams are two tracks in one. Morticia’s Frump is a song dedicated to the character Morticia from The Adams Family (another 60’s television show). It’s just a short little diddy, just some instrumental. Bad Dreams is much longer and it features good drums and once again Stevo is projecting his zany-sounding vocals. This is quite a well-put together song and the rest of tracks get better.

All Night Dragnet is my favorite track on here. It’s a really cool fast song. It is pretty damn cool. Hey Jeff, What’s Up is a song that features some dude named Jeff. They play some crazy grindcore stuff and then they ask Jeff what’s up. Jeff responds. You’ll have to listen to it if you want to know what he responds with. This is the first time you hear the crowd. The crowd really likes this and they cheer Impetigo. Creditors Retribution is an interesting song that has some good bass work in it. Stevo really puts his bass to good use. Then there’s a guitar solo towards the end. It’s very good and enjoyable. The Belch is not really a song, sounds like a song played on the spot. Stevo just lets out some belch and the rest of the band play just one note.

Revenge of the Scabbyman was an extremely new song at the time. It has really good bass in it and it really rocks like on Creditors Retribution. At the end of the song, they play that Mexican song (I forgot the name of it). That is pretty funny and I’m sure the crowd was entertained by it and they were probably dancing. I Hate You start off with Stevo ranting and raving about fascism Neo-Nazis. This is some punk rock song and it’s a really great anti-Neo Nazi song. I really like the lyrics in this song, since I’m against Neo Nazis and fascism. “The way you look makes my stomach turn.” That is really true. “Fuck Nazis, we don’t need ‘em!”

Harbinger of Death has some really good bass riffs. The vocals are great as usual and Stevo goes wild and nuts. Disgracing the Family Name is a personal song, I guess. Stevo says that his mother knows what the song is about. This is a pretty good punk song; it’s just as good as I Hate You.

This demo is worth getting if you’re a big fan of Impetigo. I listened to Impetigo since late 2007. I listened to their first full-length album. This is a really fun demo to listen to. If you want to know what this band is all about, just get this one first and work your way up to their new live album.

Originally written for the Metal Archives.
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez   Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 am

Awesome review, thanks a lot dude.
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez   Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 pm

DeathMetalGod wrote:

Originally written for the Metal Archives.
    What!?
    Don't waste your time with those idiots, they consider Atreyu "metal" but not Chaos 88...
    P0S3R F4GS!!!!1!!!!111!!11

Good review though.
    Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez 546327
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez   Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Everyone is an idiot to you.
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez   Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Thanx Heat and Mess. XD
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez   Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Heat wrote:
    Everyone is an idiot to you.
    Not quite...
    Just the idiots. Rolling Eyes
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez   Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:43 pm

yup
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez   Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impetigo - All We Need is Cheez
    Page 1 of 1