Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pantera

Go down 
+12
Termedea
Podgie
NitrousBlond
STK
GodlessEndeavor
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Vagabond
Nisstyre 56
Mash
Voggis
Heat
Nocturnal
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:02 am

Pantera is probably one of the most hated bands ever in the metal scene xD

Can't really see why, they are not that great. But neither bad.

Atleast Cowoys from hell is an good album, vuklgar duisplay of power as some few good songs. But after that they are average as hell. But hey, they are so much worse bands then them.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:16 am

Dimebag was alright as a guitarist, nothing too special, but pretty good. Despite how awesome the Razorbacks and MLs are, I think it's unfair that Dean guitars is using his death for their marketing campaign.

Anyway, never really got into em, few songs were ok and never cared for the rest, though at my first show, one of tha bands playing covered "5 Minutes Alone" and that really tore the place apart
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Pantera is MEH. Not even thrash if you ask me. I cannot stand Phil's HUH HUH IM A TUFF GUY IMMA KEEL YOU HUR HUR vocals
Back to top Go down
NitrousBlond

NitrousBlond

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 pm

I totally agree with the STK! AND they were truly hair metal/glam rock. They just pretended it didn't happen and they wanted their fans to believe it never happened. That is best documented elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:41 am

Pantera aren't thrash.

Cowboys from Hell and Vulgar Display of Power ARE great metal albums though.
Back to top Go down

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:16 am

They are post thrash/groove
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 am

I'd just call them a modern metal band... but I suppose that's me just wishing the world was a simple place.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:46 am

Would seem weird to call them a modern metal band when they have been aroudn a long long time. But i guess their later material could fit inot that category
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:59 am

I don't know why the hell they were put in the thrash category. I moved this thread to power/heavy metal as at least half of their albums fit into that category.
Lately I have started to like some of their songs from their power-glam-metal era. Both Projects in the Jungle and I Am the Night got some good songs in them.
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Termedea

Termedea

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:01 pm

They have some ok songs, but not that special imo...
Back to top Go down
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:04 pm

was never a fan of pantera... not much else i can say
Back to top Go down

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:46 pm

i still dont see why they are regarded as metal...

i think Dimebag had talent, but he never really put it into full gear
Back to top Go down
dr.nutslap

dr.nutslap

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:10 am

"best of" band
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/nutslap
jmd420

jmd420

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:59 pm

A lot of you guys have some really questionable taste, and don't know what the hell you're talking about. Pantera - Page 3 965191

First of all, even Kyle Thomas (Exhorder vocalist) has stated himself that Pantera did not rip off Exhorder. I'll have to look for the exact quote but it was something to the effect of " They wanted it more and worked a hell of a lot harder than we did, I have no animosity towards them."

Secondly, Dime being overrated just because he is dead? Come on...The guy was on the cover of guitar mags and revered as one of the best players while he was alive. By the media and fellow musicians. I've never heard Kirk Hammet or anyone else pull off half of the shit that man could evoke from a 6-string.

CFH the only "good" album?!?!? You people need to share some of the drugs you are taking. Pantera - Page 3 965191

Wow, and I'm just gonna go ahead and stop there. It's probably just like telling the retarded kid to stop hitting himself in the head when you know he won't.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm

jmd420 wrote:

CFH the only "good" album?!?!? You people need to share some of the drugs you are taking. Pantera - Page 3 965191

Wow, and I'm just gonna go ahead and stop there. It's probably just like telling the retarded kid to stop hitting himself in the head when you know he won't.

Dude, "good" and "bad" are in the eye of the beholder. If I don't like Pantera, that does not make me "retarded", that makes me have different taste than you , and that is fucking normal.

You should learn that people have different opinions if you want to get along on this forum, and calling people retarded is not a good way to go...

You have 2 fucking posts on this forum and are calling everybody retarded.... what the fuck???? If you don't like the opinions people have here then leave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:40 pm

jmd420 wrote:
A lot of you guys have some really questionable taste, and don't know what the hell you're talking about. Pantera - Page 3 965191

First of all, even Kyle Thomas (Exhorder vocalist) has stated himself that Pantera did not rip off Exhorder. I'll have to look for the exact quote but it was something to the effect of " They wanted it more and worked a hell of a lot harder than we did, I have no animosity towards them."

Secondly, Dime being overrated just because he is dead? Come on...The guy was on the cover of guitar mags and revered as one of the best players while he was alive. By the media and fellow musicians. I've never heard Kirk Hammet or anyone else pull off half of the shit that man could evoke from a 6-string.

Dimebag was on guitar magazines? LOL So was CC Deville...That make him a great player...Pantera and fucking dumbag Darrell fucking get all the publicity they do because someone fucking (Thank god by the way) blew his fucking head off on stage...ONLY reason...What excatly did he do that made him so special? 1 mediocre albums and several lousy albums...The only fucking retard around here is YOU...Go join a fucking dumbag fanboi forum...If you want to talk REAL METAL then shut your fucking mouth and do so...Don't join my fucking forum cause you want to suck dumbags cock and start calling people retarded...I guarantee the shit that I listen to will stand the test of time much longer than some noisemaking annoying band like Pantera...
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Obviously just by his avatar you can tell this fucking dude has a 3 inch cock, sits at home in front of his monitor telling himself.."I AM a tough guy" I AM a tough guy"
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
ostler

ostler

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm not ashamed to admit I really like them. However, I rarely listen to them now because I find they aren't very enduring. I'll listen to the odd song now and then rather than entire albums. Favourite album, though, is Reinventing the Steel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pantera - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera   Pantera - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Metal Sub Genres :: Power/Heavy Metal-
Jump to: