Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do you still buy CDs?

Go down 
+8
GodlessEndeavor
Voggis
Nisstyre 56
Pete_The_Ripper
Nocturnal
Heat
Mash
Edible
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you still buy CDs?
Yes
Do you still buy CDs? I_vote_lcap85%Do you still buy CDs? I_vote_rcap
 85% [ 33 ]
No
Do you still buy CDs? I_vote_lcap10%Do you still buy CDs? I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
What's a CD?
Do you still buy CDs? I_vote_lcap5%Do you still buy CDs? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage

Do you still buy CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:40 am

I still do. I have a collection of CDs. The bands I truly love and stuff, I support them by buying their CDs through the mail or going to the store. *sigh* I wish there was a chain record store that specialized in metal. I'd be there often and I'd buy stuff like no tomorrow (if my financial situation was different).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:02 am

Yea, I just head on down to the local record store - they've got a whole collection of true and shit metal alike, lol.
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:53 am

Yes, I find what I can thats affordable and not shit at the few local CD stores. The local jazzy cd store has a policy just buying random metal albums as they dont know whats good and what isn't which can result in interesting finds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:06 am

What's a CD?? Do you still buy CDs? 670946
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:03 am

i do buy them...WHEN i can afford them lol.

and only if i think the band really deserves it.

otherwise sorry dear i dont have that kind of money XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:14 am

Same here, Cheese. Sometimes if a band makes an album worth purchasing, I will sacrifice whatever money I have in order to buy it. This has happened maybe once, but I usually don't let it happen. It might happen with Atheist's new album.

Another rule I have for myself is that I can download anything that didn't come out recently. So ya know I'm not gonna download any 2009 albums whatsoever. I'm going to buy that CD. There was this one time where I bended my own rule, I downloaded Fury & Flames the year it was out. It's really not that great of an album, there were 3-4 songs I liked from it anyhow. Not one of their hottest releases.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:05 pm

I buy CDs. I have a HUGE collection of cds.... If I really like an album I will buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Let me think...Well I have probably about 5,000 cds so yes, I do.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Just like Cheese I buy when I can afford. That doesn't see to that often tho, unfortanetly tongue
I like to have CDs and it would be awesome if I could buy more than I do. If I like a band very much I try to purchase their new releases and so, and I can buy an album I've really grown to love just because I want to support the band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:44 pm

yes, of course I still buy cds; Vinyl too.
Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:51 pm

not much
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/NovemberRust
Pete_The_Ripper

Pete_The_Ripper

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Yeah, I still buy CDs and, especially in the last year, a loooot of vinyls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grindontheroad.com

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:35 am

Heat wrote:
Let me think...Well I have probably about 5,000 cds so yes, I do.

You have quite a large collection! Do you still buy CDs? 381946
Back to top Go down
Nisstyre 56

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:41 am

Yes, I buy them from used stores (I picked up a bunch when I visited Europe recently) and I have started to buy them online.

Now that I have the means, and hopefully some more finance, I will be collecting many more CDs than the measly few I have now (like 45 or so).
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:47 am

At this moment 1163 titles, but this contains both LP's and CD's.
The last couple of years I have bought around 5 to 7 albums in average pr. month. I'm usually a little slow on buying CD's this time of year, but we got a secondhand CD/Vinyl market going on in late April nearby and I usually buy 10 to 20 albums there depending on my regular album dealer is there or not Do you still buy CDs? 965191
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:17 am

If they had more of a variety here, and if I had the cash, yes, I gladly would. 'Til then...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Yes, I´m still buying CDs and I will keep on buying them.
I just love to have booklet and a complete artwork in my hands, that usually rounds up the impression of an album.
I prefer buying a CD to buying a download in an online mp3 store, even if it costs few € more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:51 pm

I buy 5 cds every 2 months, I usually download music and then I buy w/e is in my library...so that means I buy what I download.

And im 13 and I have 50+ albums...I have a loooong way to go.
Back to top Go down
Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:12 pm

yep. I like downloading stuff first though, I'm not exactly loaded with money. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:41 am

Yeah, most of my music is bought. I try to keep it at 10% downloaded and 90% bought. Which can be quite expensive but it's worth it to have something physical rather than mp3s. I'm dreading it when they finally finish with CDs and move on to something else (probably just mp3s).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:42 am

I buy 2 or 3 cd's every week,usually from ebay or play.com,lot of stuff going cheap these days.Also got a great secondhand store local to me,the guy that runs it hasn't got a clue about Metal/Punk,so usually end up getting new(ish) releases for about a third of the retail price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:52 pm

I only buy CD's if they're from an underground band, and even then it's only if the band is selling them directly. I feel no sorrow about "illegally" downloading an album by a band such as Mayhem. They've got enough money already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 pm

I buy CD's only if I feel that it's worth purchasing them, AND if I have money.
Back to top Go down
metalfutte

metalfutte

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:09 am

Yes i am buying CD's and downloading new bands so I can check them out before eventually buying it. As this date I have 938 CD's at my collection + vinyl LP's that my bro Voggis has Do you still buy CDs? 546327
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:53 am

I kind of stopped buying new cd's. I dl everything including movies.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you still buy CDs?   Do you still buy CDs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you still buy CDs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Off Topic Discussions :: I'll Kick Your Ass-
Jump to: