Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Backstreet Girls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Backstreet Girls Empty
PostSubject: Backstreet Girls   Backstreet Girls I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:50 am

Norwegian veteran hard boogie rock & roll band.

Formed in Oslo in the mid eighties, the band immediately become a huge success in the live-circuit, and just weeks after releasing their self-financed debut album “Mental Shakedown” they were snapped up by the PolyGram label Mercury who immediately re-released the album.

The band split with PolyGram after four albums. At the same time, this was 1991, the band also parted with vocalist Bjørn Muller and found a replacement in the Swede Olle Hillborg from Glorious Bankrobbers. He lasted for just one album, and so did the band on their new label Warner Bros. A live-album was released on a small independent company, a new vocalist was recruited in Englishman Pat Diamond. A new albuma was recorded, but as Pat disappeared, God knows where, and Bjørn Muller re-joined the band, this album has so far not seen the light of day. With Muller back in the band, Backstreet Girls started working on a totally new album, signed on FaceFront and released an inferno of hard, catchy rock ‘n’ roll album entitled “Hellway To High”. During late summer of 1999 the band entered the studio again, this time to record a mini-album filled with Christmas songs – some originals, some cover songs. The return of Backstreet Girls resulted in Universal/Mercury released a best of album with the band in December 2000.

In late 2000 the band entered the studio again to record their newest opus, “Tuff, Tuff, Tuff”, which turned to be another ride in the wild world of Backstreet Girls rock ‘n’ roll. A European tour with Rose Tattoo followed, and some live-recordings from that tour can be found on “Black Boogie Death Rock ‘N’ Roll”, along six new studio tracks.

A raw and powerful new studioalbum followed a year later, and “Sick My Duck” is regarded as one of the bands finest moments. After endless touring to support the album, the band started to work on new material during the winter of 2006. “Shake Your Stimulator” is a mixture of all the different sides of Backstreet Girls – power, boogie and high octane rock ‘n’ roll. Before the album was recorded, original drummer BeeTee Baarli left the band and was late in the recording session replaced with Swede Martin H-son from Rampant Dogs, after using a number of session drummers during the early days of recording.

Try to imagine a mix of AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, Angel City and Ramones and you have Backstreet Girls!

They released their new album "Just When You Thought Things Couldn't Get Any Worse..." earlier this year.

I would recommend the albums Boogie 'Till You Puke! and Coming Down Hard.
Hundreds of litres with beer have been consumed while listening to those guys throughout the years Backstreet Girls 965191

More about the band on their Official Site

Music/Videos:
Backstreet Girls - Walking Downtown (Audio Only)
Backstreet Girls & The Carburetors - Back in Jail
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

Backstreet Girls
Page 1 of 1