Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again Empty
PostSubject: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:50 am

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Just because they named their new CD "Yes," does not mean that British electro-pop duo, the Pet Shop Boys, will agree to just about anything.

PETA has asked the Pet Shop Boys to change the band's name to Rescue Shelter Boys.

The band has turned down a request from an animal rights group to rename itself the Rescue Shelter Boys.

The organization, the People for the Ethical Treatment for Animals (PETA), sent a letter to Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe acknowledging that its request, at first blush, might appear "bizarre."

But, by changing its name, the band could raise awareness at every tour stop of the "cramped, filthy conditions" that breeders keep animals in before selling them to pet stores, PETA said in its letter.

The duo, which has performed under its current name for more than 20 years, reproduced PETA's written request in full on its Web site.

The musicians said they were "unable to agree" to the request "but nonetheless think (it) raises an issue worth thinking about."

The animal rights group said it was pleased the Pet Shop Boys had drawn attention to the issue by posting its letter so prominently on the band's site. Talking about its campaign on a blog entry, a PETA staffer wrote:

"I think I may have to stick "West End Girls" on my iPod right now to celebrate."

"West End Girls" is one of the many hits the group has had in its long career.

PETA is no stranger to oddball campaigns. A recent one was aimed to re-christen fish as "sea kittens" because "who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?"
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:22 am

We have something in Norway called Natur & Ungdom (Nature & Youth). I hope my children will care for nature and animals, but never join that stupid organisation. They understand nothing nada!
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:34 am

Same with PETA
Back to top Go down
BravoYankeeEcho

BravoYankeeEcho

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:36 am

Quote :
PETA Kills 95% of Adoptable Pets in Its Care

Despite all the sanctimonious demands that we ban circuses, lab animals, and hamburgers, the militants at PETA are no friends of animals:

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed 95 percent of the adoptable pets in its care during 2008. Despite years of public outrage over its euthanasia program, the animal rights group kills an average of 5.8 pets every day at its Norfolk, VA headquarters.

According to public records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA killed 2,124 pets last year and placed only seven in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 21,339 dogs and cats have died at the hands of PETA workers.

Despite having a $32 million budget, PETA does not operate an adoption shelter. PETA employees make no discernible effort to find homes for the thousands of pets they kill every year. Last year, the Center for Consumer Freedom petitioned Virginia’s State Veterinarian to reclassify PETA as a slaughterhouse.

So if PETA doesn't really care about animals, what's the point? The same as always with the left: control over our lives for its own sake, thinly disguised by phony self-righteous posturing.

From Moonbattery.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Rescue Shelter Boys? Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again 965191
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:37 pm

BravoYankeeEcho wrote:
Quote :
PETA Kills 95% of Adoptable Pets in Its Care

Despite all the sanctimonious demands that we ban circuses, lab animals, and hamburgers, the militants at PETA are no friends of animals:

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed 95 percent of the adoptable pets in its care during 2008. Despite years of public outrage over its euthanasia program, the animal rights group kills an average of 5.8 pets every day at its Norfolk, VA headquarters.

According to public records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA killed 2,124 pets last year and placed only seven in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 21,339 dogs and cats have died at the hands of PETA workers.

Despite having a $32 million budget, PETA does not operate an adoption shelter. PETA employees make no discernible effort to find homes for the thousands of pets they kill every year. Last year, the Center for Consumer Freedom petitioned Virginia’s State Veterinarian to reclassify PETA as a slaughterhouse.

So if PETA doesn't really care about animals, what's the point? The same as always with the left: control over our lives for its own sake, thinly disguised by phony self-righteous posturing.

From Moonbattery.com

Ummm... Yeah and....
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again Peta_rabbits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:31 pm

I don't see what's so serious about this topic, much less the comments.
Nothing PETA does can be taken seriously anymore and it's a shame they've become such a hollow mockery. If an organization with members from every corner of the earth can't come up with prudent means of forcing they're weak ideologies onto others without getting laughed at, then they should just quit before they fall too far behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Heat wrote:
Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again Peta_rabbits

Hahaha! PETA should see that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 pm

they have always been a joke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 am

THE RABBITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ok i hate PETA....BUT THE RABBITS GODDAMN!
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:34 am

Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again Peta-20sucks-small

Last edited by Heat on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:57 am

Cheese wrote:
THE RABBITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go watch el topo, and understand that all the dead rabbits were killed by the director with his bare hands.

Otherwise bleh, electro-pop and PETA who cares really?
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 am

The Pet Shop Boys could change their name to Fudge Packer Boys and I wouldn't care in the least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:17 am

I agree, but I also think PETA a fucking jerkoffs
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Edible wrote:
Cheese wrote:
THE RABBITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go watch el topo, and understand that all the dead rabbits were killed by the director with his bare hands.

Otherwise bleh, electro-pop and PETA who cares really?

If you don't care, why bother posting in the thread really?
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Because I wanted to shamelessly plug el topo with vague pretensions of staying on topic.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:23 pm

alrighty then.... 😕
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Hah, I'm a vegetarian and a firm believer in animal rights and yet even I don't like PETA >.>. But I do believe that they have done well (hear me out here) in raising awareness for animal rights/veganism/vegetarianism etc. although their means of doing so have hardly helped raise sympathy for our cause.
I am not militant, in any of my views - I am a live and let live person, and this should explain my vegetarianism. But I really think that if they want people to seriously consider their ideals rather than just hate them and others for it they're going the wrong way about it, stupid things like this only seem to make their cause seem quite ridiculous, and with the amount of support they get and the sheer number of people who believe in what they stand for - surely they could be doing more productive and meaningful work than trying to change the name of some pop group?
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:15 pm

The way you put it it sounds reasonable. But the way they shove it down peoples throats with their sensationalism is absurd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:29 am

I AM planning on becoming a vegetarian, not because of all the save the animals and bla bla. ok part of it might be, but other than that, i really dont like eating meat. like i seriously hate it. so thats the main reason.

however, seeing people kill animals just for the heck of it aint something i would like to watch. if theres a reason behind it like food or whatever fine do it, but at least make sure the animal suffers through AS LESS PAIN AS POSSIBLE.

seriously i think peta is stupid. i mean, ok as much as i hate seeing animals suffer, but a guard dog aint suffering, its doing what it was born to do. and killing pests?! i mean CMON that is just fucking balls.

if PETA actually focused on standing up for the rights of animals WITHOUT being so stupid about it and a bit more reasonable, then maybe, JUST maybe, people would see the purpose behind it. but doing what it is doing now, well, good luck with that. Instead of bashing at people for eating meat, at least try to show them WHY you are doing what youre doing. alot of people might shove you off, but then again you cant force people to listen to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:04 am

I love meat. But, I feel sorry for animals killed ruthlessly in the process.
Whenever I hear of any new wierd-ass-bs PETA activity, I really don't want to feel pity for the animals!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Ya know what? PETA's headquarters are located in Newark, NJ. Somewhere my brother may possibly move to. PETA are a shit organization with extremists. Fuck 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Groups like Peta have been giving animal rights advocates a bad name for a long time now, I remember they even had the gall to lead a campaign against an indigenous tribe in the Pacific Northwest somewhere from hunting whales. It's one thing to be against hunting as a sport (And can hunters can go fuck themselves) but to impose your will on a people who do this for survival? Suspect No Not only is that self righteous but stupid as well IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:24 pm

I guess all of us agree that PETA and its stupid campaigns suck.

I`m thinking of something else-- that we will never be able to avoid killing some creatures. It`s just a part of life. Even swatting a fly means killing it. It doesn`t matter that a fly isn`t as big as a rabbit, or that we don`t like it as much as a kitten or a puppy. It`s still killing, taking its life away.
besides everything is alive in nature, plants also. So is an animal`s life or a human`s life more valuable than the existence of a plant?!
of course i don`t support acts of cruelty against animals.
sooo philosophical...

and sorry if I`m not in the right thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again   Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fucking P.E.T.A. at it again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Off Topic Discussions :: Serious Business-
Jump to: