Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

English Premier League (Soccer)

Go down 
+2
Stazanashi
Voggis
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

English Premier League (Soccer) Empty
PostSubject: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:20 am

Anyone else here love the beautiful game? Smile

Season is almost at it's end, and Manchester United are still in the driving seat in terms of winning the league, but Liverpool have a crucial game today where they can top of the table before Man Utd play again.

Myself I am an Arsenal fan, and the league campaign has been something of a disappointment this season, but we are doing well in the Champions League and the FA Cup, and will hopefully win one or both!

Anyone else here a fan? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Terrofom wrote:
Anyone else here love the beautiful game? Smile

Season is almost at it's end, and Manchester United are still in the driving seat in terms of winning the league, but Liverpool have a crucial game today where they can top of the table before Man Utd play again.

Myself I am an Arsenal fan, and the league campaign has been something of a disappointment this season, but we are doing well in the Champions League and the FA Cup, and will hopefully win one or both!

Anyone else here a fan? Very Happy

I´m a fan of soccer... ahm, football!
Premier League is next to German Bundesliga my favorite league.

My favorite football club is 1.FC Cologne and in England, I have ceratin sympathies for West Ham, but wouldn´t describe myself as "fan" of WHU...

Arsenal has a nice young team, their time is yet to come, don´t worry Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:35 am

I hope you are right about the Arsenal Wink

West Ham also have a lot of excellent young players coming through the ranks, they have a tremendous history of producing young English players and I hope for their sake they can hold onto them for a long time.

The Bundesliga is so close right now (or it was last time I checked), who do you think will win the title?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:01 am

I'm into football aswell but I'm more into italian football and especially AC Milan. This season has been pretty much a disappointment but we're still at second place so hopefully we can finish strong Smile

I've always liked Arsenal and their way of playing and along with Everton, is the only team in the Premier League that I have sympathies for. So good luck in the champions league and I really hope that you will win over Man U Smile

Wolfsburg is a team that I like very much in the Bundesliga along with HSV. It's always nice to watch Bundesliga football because it's often very "open" matches with many goals Smile

Last edited by Nihil_ on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:07 am

Glory glory Man United and FORZA LAZIO !!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Terrofom wrote:
I hope you are right about the Arsenal Wink

West Ham also have a lot of excellent young players coming through the ranks, they have a tremendous history of producing young English players and I hope for their sake they can hold onto them for a long time.

The Bundesliga is so close right now (or it was last time I checked), who do you think will win the title?

Hell, I´m right ´bout Arsenal! Wink
Just look at the names that play there and at their birth years.
Walcott in 1989, Bendtner and Denilson in 1988, Fabregas (already the captain!) and Nasri 1987, Eduardo, Sagna and van Persie 1983 and Arshavin iwth 1981 - they´re one of the "oldest" in the team...
I´m no big fan of Arsenal, but their team is just magnificent and I hope they´ll kick ManUtd out of Champions League in the 1/2Finals. Arsenal-Barca would be great finals. Smile

Who will win the Bundesliga?
Hard to say at the moment, because all of the Top 5 teams play relatively unstable season and loose against much worse teams, just like Wolfsburg today against Cottbus with 2:0 did. My hidden favourite is actually Stuttgart, but I´d put my money on Wolfsburg if I had to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Nihil_ wrote:
IWolfsburg is a team that I like very much in the Bundesliga along with HSV. It's always nice to watch Bundesliga football because it's often very "open" matches with many goals Smile

You like Wolfsburg?
They don´t have many fans in Germany, mostly because of the perception that fans have of this club as the "side project" of Volkswagen car factory. Magath is a great coach, but he can get as much money as he wants to put his team together...
BTW, they lost today against Cottbus, so the title is in danger.

It´s nice to hear that people like Bundesliga! Smile
Maybe the names aren´t as big as in Italy, Spain or England, but Bundesliga is really living from its dramatic moments because the top clubs are very equal. The fight for staying in the 1st League is also very equal and dramatic, just as 2nd League too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Sigyn84 wrote:
Nihil_ wrote:
IWolfsburg is a team that I like very much in the Bundesliga along with HSV. It's always nice to watch Bundesliga football because it's often very "open" matches with many goals Smile

You like Wolfsburg?
They don´t have many fans in Germany, mostly because of the perception that fans have of this club as the "side project" of Volkswagen car factory. Magath is a great coach, but he can get as much money as he wants to put his team together...
BTW, they lost today against Cottbus, so the title is in danger.

It´s nice to hear that people like Bundesliga! Smile
Maybe the names aren´t as big as in Italy, Spain or England, but Bundesliga is really living from its dramatic moments because the top clubs are very equal. The fight for staying in the 1st League is also very equal and dramatic, just as 2nd League too...

Yeah, they're a nice team but I actually like HSV more Smile But yeah the Bundesliga is very nice league too watch because it's so even and it's always alot of goals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:49 pm

I've been a fan of the Bundesliga for a while now, the football is fast, strong and passionate so it reminds me of the English league, plus I like the German stadiums, they first impressed me in the World Cup in 06, they again remind me a lot of English grounds with the atmosphere.

Sigyn84; thanks I hope you're ght, the ttuble with the young players at Arsenal is sometimes they appear naive and don't learn from their mistakes, however they are getting stronger each game and with any luck we can beat Man Utd, although I'm happy to have got this far to be honest. I can accept losing to them (if fairly) because they are a better team.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Tottenham!

Been a fan of them since Osvaldo Ardiles and Ricardo Villa joined the club after the world Championship in 1982....
The last ten years or so I haven't paid much attention to the Premier League as all the matches is now on a pay channel.

So nowadays I'm following the Norwegian league and Champions League...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Terrofom wrote:
I've been a fan of the Bundesliga for a while now, the football is fast, strong and passionate so it reminds me of the English league, plus I like the German stadiums, they first impressed me in the World Cup in 06, they again remind me a lot of English grounds with the atmosphere.

Sigyn84; thanks I hope you're ght, the ttuble with the young players at Arsenal is sometimes they appear naive and don't learn from their mistakes, however they are getting stronger each game and with any luck we can beat Man Utd, although I'm happy to have got this far to be honest. I can accept losing to them (if fairly) because they are a better team.

Have you already been to Germany and any stadium?

You´re damn right there about Arsenal, though I would say they will loose against ManU, because as you said, they most of all, lack big experience that 90% of ManU players have... Plus, Ronaldo (although I don´t like him at all) is playing a killer season and he CAN make a difference.

Anyway, I´m with Arsenal tomorrow and Barca - Chelsea just ended 0:0....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Voggis wrote:
The last ten years or so I haven't paid much attention to the Premier League as all the matches is now on a pay channel.

So nowadays I'm following the Norwegian league and Champions League...

I know this problem and I really think it´s "killing" the spirit of football in a way.
Tickets are getting more expensive every season, not to mention replica shirts (69€ for an adult?! pale ) and pay TV....

We´re also paying 15€ per month just to watch Bundesliga + Spanish league games, unfortunately I am not a fan of spanish football and would like to change this for Premier League immediately...

So, who´s big in Norway right now, which club?
Do you have any young talents coming?
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:38 am

Sigyn84 wrote:

Rosenborg is leading the table right now, and is by far the most known club outside Norway, with their more than 10 seasons in the Champions League. They seem to be on track again after a few mediocre seasons.
All in all the quality of the leauge have dropped slightly the last few years, and to be honest I think it's because of all the foreign players in the league. Not that they are poor players, but they move on to some bigger club in Europe. Often mid-season, as our league is on it's peak when all other leagues is in between seasons and looking for new players.

We have some "young" talents in Norway, even though I disagree that you are young when you're 23-24 years old. Even in big leagues like Premier League, Spanish League, Italian Leauge and in the Bundesliga you find a lot of players under 20 years being regulars in their teams. In Norway that hardly happens.
I think if you're good enough, you're old enough. In Norway it is like when you're old enough, then you may be playing if you're good enough. It's hard to be a top international player if you're bound to rot in Norwegian second division (third level) until you're 23 years old....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:06 am

Voggis wrote:
Sigyn84 wrote:

Rosenborg is leading the table right now, and is by far the most known club outside Norway, with their more than 10 seasons in the Champions League. They seem to be on track again after a few mediocre seasons.
All in all the quality of the leauge have dropped slightly the last few years, and to be honest I think it's because of all the foreign players in the league. Not that they are poor players, but they move on to some bigger club in Europe. Often mid-season, as our league is on it's peak when all other leagues is in between seasons and looking for new players.

We have some "young" talents in Norway, even though I disagree that you are young when you're 23-24 years old. Even in big leagues like Premier League, Spanish League, Italian Leauge and in the Bundesliga you find a lot of players under 20 years being regulars in their teams. In Norway that hardly happens.
I think if you're good enough, you're old enough. In Norway it is like when you're old enough, then you may be playing if you're good enough. It's hard to be a top international player if you're bound to rot in Norwegian second division (third level) until you're 23 years old....

Yeah, it's about the same situation in the swedish football league. It's alot of good players but as soon as they get really good, some foreign club walks just in and buy the player in the middle of the season and for the most of the time these clubs are from other leagues that aren't much better than the swedish, which is really sad in a way :(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:09 am

I just have to ask, What are your feelings towards MLS here in the states? He asked expecting some form of ridicule pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Mysterious Traveler wrote:
I just have to ask, What are your feelings towards MLS here in the states? He asked expecting some form of ridicule pale

I haven't seen MLS that much so I can't give a satisfying answer but USA has a good national team, that's for sure Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:08 am

Voggis wrote:
Sigyn84 wrote:

OK, yes I remember Rosenborg playing in CL pretty well few years ago (against ManUtd, for instance), even coming out of the group phase regularely, which is a great achievement in comparison to other gigantic football clubs they competed against.

I think it's interesting that so many norwegian players were (or are still) big in England, like Riise, Iversen or Pedersen, Carew and Hangeland...
At least by the names, you have a relatively good national team - I always liked scandinavian school of football (especially Sweden for Henrik Larsson, my childhood idol Smile ), which is not that surprising, because I'm a fan of english Premier League and english football in general too and obviously, your football is very influenced by English.

The only thing I dont't understand is, why do young talents lack support so much?
23 is for footballer really not very young anymore, the main "work" (technique, tactics) had to be done already...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:17 am

Mysterious Traveler wrote:

I can't watch MLS here in Germany, so I can only judge the progress by the US national team. And I think in the last 5-10 years, something is happening overthere - I mean, it's still not even nearly as popular as in Europe and also not on the equal level, but the progress is visible.

If you look at the current squad, 90% of the players play outside MLS, so I'd understand this as "the league isn't that good yet"...
Howard, Bocanegra, Bradley, Beasley, Onyewu, Dempsey are guys I'd always like to see in my team Smile

Americans, start watching football! I mean ... soccer... :afro:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:41 am

enjoyed the humiliating relegation of newcastle this year.

All their bollocks about being a "big club" finally caught up with them.

Enjoy the championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:55 am

Oh yeah, Voggis! Tottenham!
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Hope Tottenham can hold on to the top 4 this season...that means Champions League Next year....should be fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Yeah really! Damn that game against Wigan was awesome! I feel a bit sorry for them though XD
Back to top Go down
Stazanashi

Stazanashi

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:39 pm

That match was funny. But if Tottenham will go to Champions League, it will be funier.
Fletcher's goal agains Everton was fucking brilliant. He's starting to be an important player in ManU.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Hm the sweden league is over, so i should keep a better track on premier league, and champions league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Follow Tottenham then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League (Soccer)   English Premier League (Soccer) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

English Premier League (Soccer)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next