Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Alcohol advertising

Go down 
+2
Mash
Heat
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Alcohol advertising Empty
PostSubject: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:42 am

Pros and cons. And reasons.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:48 am

My personal opinion is that alcoholic beverages should not be advertised during sporting events, concerts and any other event that draws young people same goes for tobacco.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:51 am

The advertising industry is fucking crooked anyway... not just with alcohol and shit like that. All they care about is money, not people, and that's the way it has always been and always will be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 am

But at what point does personal responsibility come into play? Why can't parents take matters into their own hands and explain to their child that it's not good to drink until you're old enough to make that decision. I understand what ya'll are saying, I just don't think the problem is with the advertisements, I think the issue is with parents who are to lazy to do their job and teach their kids right from wrong. But maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:51 pm

ummm actually, i dont think that the fault lies in advertisements. even without them, do you think people would drink less? heck they dont advertise drugs, but people still smoke pot and shit. so yeah i dont see the harm, it is wrong, agreed, but then again, it aint the cause behind kids going for it.

people advertise to play with money, like an easy route to money, which is wrong.

i cant think of any pros to it.... confused
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:34 pm

I agree with the earlier points, especially with the advertising industry being as crooked as ever. I mean, if they do cut down on beer ads during sporting events and such, chances are the risks of underage drinking are gonna decrease. I'm sure this can be refuted, but keep in mind that the media literally has the power to affect our thinking and habits.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:20 am

True about the media afeccting our thinking habits.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Honestly, kids drink because other kids do. Although, I guess seeing it on TV makes it cool. Not just in the advertising community. Even on TV shows people drinking having a good time makes it seem cool. So even if you cut out advertising, kids would still see it and think it's cool.

Though, I do agree with lessining the amount that those commercials are played. But at the same time, those companys sponser sports and things like that, so it's impossible to say no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:05 am

i still dont think the main reason behind kids drinking is advertisements...i mean honestly i think like dope said, its coz other friends do. drinking might influence elder people though. but for youngsters, i really dont think they even have time to pay attention to advertisements.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:04 am

In Norway it ain't allowed to advertise for alcohol, cigarettes or political views.
Thinking about that some advertisings have increased the sale of various products with 200% I guess it's OK that that kind of advertising ain't allowed.
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:33 am

I think that the age restriction causes kids to drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:09 am

I think that the advertisements have no effect on selling alcohol. Cuz we all now what alcohol can do and why it's used, so the people that are using it didn't see it on the advertisements.
My opinion
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:30 pm

As much as I dislike most alcohol companies, I think they have the right to advertise just like everyone else, Yes children will see it, and if you have taught your children that alcohol is evil they will go off and get drunk all the time. The issue is not with the ads, the issue is that by treating underage drinking with such stigma of course kids will want to drink. If you dont care if your kid has a drink now and then and occasionally after the age of 10 or so give them a beer, it will loose its magic and they wont go out and get hammered.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard

Tyrant Lizard

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:08 pm

I find no problem with advertising of Alchohol. I'm a teenager, and I've yet to drink. When I see a commercial showing some kind of Alchohol I never think to myself "Damn...that looks like a tasty beverage." I more am just bored because there is a commercial on rather than my program.
So I really don't see any harm, I'm sure other kids are much more effective at getting people to drink than ads, as Dopesmoker and a few others said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Well, really, alcohol is THE social lubricant after all, so of course it gets used in gatherings of people, just to help relax. In my opinion advertisements can only influence what brand are you going to buy, not IF you are going to buy, well that is true at least in my case.

By the way, in my neck of the woods it is illegal to advertise booze on TV until after 22.00, BUT it is illegal to sell alcohol in stores after 22.00. Really, it's quite damn stupid and frustrating, like I was chilling by the river with a few friends just a week ago, we ran out of brandy so we thought to pick up another bottle, so we went to the store. It was something like 21.55 but they still would not sell us anything... Quite paradoxical on the whole I believe.

And to finish up, there is nothing quite like a good glass of wine to complement a nice meal, and I simply can't imagine buying wine because of a commercial and not by taste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:48 pm

We have Blue Laws here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:06 pm

The only problem with alchohol advertising is the same problem that is wrong with all advertising. It doesn't just advertise a product which has qualities you can talk about, but rather, they present this bogus lifestyle surrounding the use of their product that you are supposed to believe in. So the whole concept of the product becomes superfluous, and they don't have to bother with such things as quality since the real end goal they are encouraging you to chase is some fairy tale life you achieve by throwing away money.

Anyway, alchohol hardly seems to need advertising it's so deeply ingrained in human culture, but then again when you are selling the brand, and the merrit of the product itself you do have to go to crazy extremes to get the message out, or else people would only focuss on buying booze that's good as opposed to Baily's regurgitated diarhrea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol advertising   Alcohol advertising I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alcohol advertising
Page 1 of 1