Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Powermad (USA)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Powermad (USA) Empty
PostSubject: Powermad (USA)   Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:47 am

Powermad (USA) 1565_photo

This band, is more a speed metal band than thrash...
(1984 – present)
Powermad has been called “An innovative and often forgotten speed metal band…who infused progressive metal styles and European styles into abstract American speed metal.” The band’s intricate riff formulations were heavily influnced by thrash metal acts like Metallica and Testament, but vocalist Joel Dubay’s mixture of singing and high screams was more reminiscent of Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) or Tommy Victor (Prong).

Best? Their only powerful speed album: Absolute Power...which is their only album although they have some EPs...
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Powermad (USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powermad (USA)   Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:15 am

I don't think I've heard these guys. I'll have to give them a shot.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Powermad (USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powermad (USA)   Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:21 pm

I just found out that the brewmaster at one of my favorite breweries (Surly in Minnesota) is the guitar player for this band. His name is Todd Haug, and I use the word "is" instead of "was" because he told me that Powermad is writing new songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Powermad (USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powermad (USA)   Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Paul Weston (a.k.a "The Metal Tyrant"), who hosts "Powersurge", a weekly metal show that airs on WLFE-ROCK 102 in the Champlain Valley in the Northeast, was recently contacted by Joel DuBay (vocals/guitars) from the recently reactivated Minneapolis, Minnesota thrashers POWERMAD. Here is the message that Weston received:

"POWERMAD have been writing the new record for some time. We have many, many demo songs out to potential producers, but we have not settled on anyone yet.

"Lots to tell, and lots to reveal — when the dust settles, the new 2010 POWERMAD will emerge, and we'll be killin' it like we always have.

"There are heaps of requests for European metal fest shows, but we really want to get the new record done, and that takes priority.
"Todd [Haug, guitar], Jeff [Litke, bass] and I are the original members, and we have a new, mega-killer drummer we're working with that will bring all the death and destruction you can envision to the end recordings .

"Don't be surprised to see a tour, or many tours with this next record!

"POWERMAD will be available for shows beginning spring 2010! If you are a promoter and would like to contact POWERMAD in regards to booking a show, please contact Joel DuBay @ joel@readyacoustics.com."

POWERMAD 2010 is:

Joel DuBay - Guitar/Vocals
Todd Haug - Guitar
Jeff Litke - Bass
[to be announced] - Drums

POWERMAD has been called "an innovative and often forgotten speed metal band... who infused progressive metal styles and European styles into abstract American speed metal." The group's intricate riff formulations are heavily influenced by thrash-metal acts like METALLICA and TESTAMENT, but vocalist Joel DuBay's mixture of melodic singing and high screams is reminiscent of Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST) and Tom Araya (SLAYER).

POWERMAD formed in 1984 in Minneapolis and released an EP on Combat Records. The band subsequently signed to Reprise Records and released "The Madness Begins" EP in 1988 and "Absolute Power" in 1989.

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/powermadband .

Source: Blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Powermad (USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powermad (USA)   Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 pm

Nice, I'll keep an ear open for this. Absolute Power is a kick ass album
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Powermad (USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powermad (USA)   Powermad (USA) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powermad (USA)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Metal Sub Genres :: Thrash Metal-
Jump to: