Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What do you like to read?

Go down 
+7
schadenfroh
Hungryfreak
Mash
GodlessEndeavor
mygga_med_stil
Heat
rawheavygreen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

What do you like to read? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Mainly Anne Rice.. i'm very sad she decided to find God again. It's unfortunate she lost her husband at such a time as this. But I love her books. I've been reading the Witching Hour series lately as I've almost completed the Vampire Chronicles. I stopped reading them because she was mixing the witches w/ the vampires in a couple of the last books and i just really like to know their history before i know their future. But I'm currently reading Lasher the second book after The Witching Hour. It's really good.. Now the Witching Hour was a hard read cuz it's all historical and it drags on bad and then the story just leaves off incomplete to finish in the next book (I hope as i'm currently reading it)

Oh and of course graphic novels.. I love Neil Gaimen (comics and novels) and Frank Miller
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:12 am

Anne Rice has written some good stuff. I didn't like the Queen of the Daamned vey much, especially after I saw the movie. Korn songs for soundtracks! Korn and Vampires..what the fuck is the relation!!
I recently started reading some Salman Rushdie..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:23 am

Heat wrote:
Actually, right now I am just beginning an H.G. Wells book containing 7 of his complete and unabridged novels.

The Time Machine
The Island Of Dr. Moreau
The Invisible Man
The War Of The Worlds
The First Men In The Moon
The Food Of The Gods
In The Days Of The Comet

Cool man. I just read The Time Machine. The movie was loosely based on it I guess..it was bad, the book is excellent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:21 pm

ron.deathorgy wrote:
Anne Rice has written some good stuff. I didn't like the Queen of the Daamned vey much, especially after I saw the movie. Korn songs for soundtracks! Korn and Vampires..what the fuck is the relation!!
I recently started reading some Salman Rushdie..

I agree with that one.. the movie was HORRIBLE..especially with Korn doing the soundtrack. but I had already read the book so I liked it (the book that is). That and I'm a female so Akasha was a great character for me. I really do wish tho that the movie didn't ruin Aaliyah's role as Akasha.. She was an excellent choice and harnassed her essence beatifully. But yes that movie was wrong in ever other thing it did.. I mean i could go into soooooo much detail.. but i've already rambled on enough about it.
Back to top Go down
BravoYankeeEcho

BravoYankeeEcho

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:45 pm

I liked Stephen Kings IT alot. Need more stuff of his. Recommendations? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:48 pm

I read Terrorizer, Zero Tolerance and Metal Hammer metal magazines from the UK.

Books - HP Lovecraft, I have started to read X Files novellas, or whatever they are called, that is it really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:36 am

I usualy read some criminal stuff like Raymond Chandler I also like John Steinbeck, Ernest Hemingway. Last book I've read was "Of Mice and Man" by Steinbeck .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:38 am

rawheavygreen wrote:
I'm all about fantasy novels. Sci-fi is okay. Joe Abercrombie, Stephen Donaldson and George R R Martin are my favorites... currently reading the Dresden Files or whatever, theyre okay.

Dude if you love sci-fi you got to try the Strugatsky brothers
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:18 am

The most recent book i read was Shock Rock, a book containing short stories by Stephen King, Graham Masterton, F. Paul Wilson and more. Some of the stories were scary and good written, and all the stories was somehow connected to rock and roll in some way. Nice foreword by Alice Cooper as well.
Some of my fave horror authors is Stephen King, Clive Barker and Shaun Hutson.

I like to read some sci/fi a well and Arthur C. Clarke is one of my favorites. Some faves by him is Childhood's End and Rendezvous with Rama.

The last few years I also read some books by Carl Hiaasen. I love his sarchastic way to write and his over-the-top characters he's putting in his stories. I would recommend Tourist Season, Double Whammy and Skin Tight by him.
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:49 am

Books of the Tolkien universe:

Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
The Silmarillion
The Children of Húrin
Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth

the history of middle-earth:
The Book of Lost Tales, Part I
The Book of Lost Tales, Part II
The Lays of Beleriand
The Shaping of Middle-earth
The Lost Road and Other Writings
The Return of the Shadow
The Treason of Isengard
The War of the Ring
Sauron Defeated
Morgoth's Ring
The War of the Jewels
The Peoples of Middle-earth
Indexes

lol!

And other stuff about magic, philosophy, religion, celtics/germanic people, Nordic Mythology...
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:51 am

Reading Snow Crash

The story begins and ends in Los Angeles, which is no longer part of what is left of the United States, during the early 21st century. In this hypothetical future reality the federal government of the United States has ceded most of its power to private organizations and entrepreneurs.[1] Franchising, individual sovereignty and automobiles reign supreme (along with drug trafficking, violent crime, and traffic congestion). Mercenary armies compete for national defense contracts while private security guards preserve the peace in gated, sovereign housing developments. Highway companies compete to attract drivers to their roads rather than the competitors', and all mail delivery is by hired courier. The remnants of government maintain authority only in isolated compounds where they transact tedious make-work that is, by and large, irrelevant to the booming, dynamic society around them.

Much of the territory ceded by the government has been carved up into sovereign enclaves, each run by its own big business franchise (such as "Mr. Lee's Greater Hong Kong") or the various residential burbclaves (suburban enclaves). This arrangement resembles anarcho-capitalism, a theme Stephenson carries over to his next novel The Diamond Age. Hyperinflation has devalued the dollar to the extent that trillion dollar bills — Ed Meeses — are nearly disregarded and the quadrillion dollar note — the Gipper — is the standard 'small' bill. For physical transactions people resort to alternative, non-hyperinflated currencies such as yen or "Kongbucks" (the official currency of Mr. Lee's Greater Hong Kong).

The Metaverse, a phrase coined by Stephenson as a successor to the Internet, constitutes Stephenson's vision of how a virtual reality-based Internet might evolve in the near future. Resembling an MMO, the Metaverse is populated by user controlled avatars as well as system daemons. Although there are public-access Metaverse terminals in Reality, using them carries a social stigma among Metaverse denizens, in part because of the poor visual representations of themselves as low-quality avatars. Status in the Metaverse is a function of two things: access to restricted environments such as the Black Sun, an exclusive Metaverse club, and technical acumen, which is often demonstrated by the sophistication of one's avatar.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Books/Literature   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:31 pm

anyone here read actively ?

I try to when I can. Recently i've been steeped in horror literature like Matheson and a lot of Lovecraft though he's not an easy read but if one puts some time in, you will be greeted by some obscene horrors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:50 am

^^hey, merged your thread about literature with the one we already had Wink

I try to read regularly but I wish I did it more
hope that one day I`m gonna have a huge collection of all my favorite books
at the moment gotta finish Demian by Hermann Hesse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:57 am

I just can't focus on one book at a time so I always at least 3-4 at the same time. I just finished Hunter S. Thompson's The Great Shark Hunt. (Awesome as always, anyone else into gonzo?)
and now I begun to read Bill Hick's magnificent compilation Love All The People.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:21 am

Fantasy, Sci-fi and horror but the last 10 years I have mostly read history books of different kinds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Mostly Non-Fiction. Its hard for me to get into Fiction.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:14 am

Just finished off a Lovecraft inspired book by Heinrich Graat called A Place Of Demons. It was decent...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:48 pm

got a book called Egyptian magic....looking forward to reading it
Back to top Go down
EvilFever
EvilFever

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Classics, and stuff about drugs, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bloody-forest.blogspot.com
Voggis

Voggis

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Ever since I got internet for like 24556 years ago I haven't read ordinary newspapers regulary. Lately I have picked up at least one almost daily. Prolly part of my mid-life crisis What do you like to read? - Page 2 965191
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you like to read?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2