Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grand Magus

Go down 
+14
Nihil_
Svibrager
okirimono
ostler
Podgie
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Acid_Bath_
rawheavygreen
GodlessEndeavor
Nisstyre 56
Hutchinson
Nocturnal
Heat
Mash
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Grand Magus - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 am

Yeah, Monument is an incredible album. Matter of fact, I think I'll queue it up.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:16 pm

dotoka wrote:
Holy fucking shit! I hadnt listened to them for some time, so I just put on Monument and FUCK! it`s just orgasmic affraid loving the riffs and JB`s voice fuckface all albums are killer actually but this is my favorite

I am at a tossup between Monument and Iron Will as my favorite. They are both awesome... and both very different. Iron Will has a more heavy metal feel than Monument.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:36 pm

I like all of their albums equally at this point. I hadn't listened to them in a few weeks so today is Grand Magus day.
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Quote :
Press Release

Swedish metal-riff-lords GRAND MAGUS sign a worldwide deal with Roadrunner Records

Dear friends, colleagues and metal-heads!
Roadrunner Records is very excited to announce the signing of this outstanding metal band from Stockholm/Sweden!

GRAND MAGUS is a 3-piece band featuring: „JB“ Christofferson – Guitars & Lead-Vocals, Fox Skinner – Bass & Backing-Vocals, Sebastian "SEB" Sippola – Drums
During their 10-year history, GRAND MAGUS have released 2 demos, 1 split-EP and 4 full-length albums, and have received overwhelmingly positive reviews throughout. Their last opus, “Iron Will” was voted “Album of The Month” in the German Metal Hammer & Rock Hard magazines. Drawing hefty influences from the hand-on-heart grandeur of the NWOBHM and the inspirational mythology of their forbears, GRAND MAGUS are steeped in pre-Christian tales of triumph, vengeance, betrayal, wisdom and death. But GRAND MAGUS also stand for energetic live performances as seen at this year’s European festivals such as Sweden Rock (SE), Hellfest (FR), Wacken (D), Summerbreeze (D) or on tour in Europe with bands like At The Gates, Cathedral, Candlemass, Tyrant, SerpentCult or Electric Wizard.
Roadrunner Records is proud to be releasing their upcoming album, “HAMMER OF THE NORTH” in spring/early summer of 2010 (tba). On this release, GRAND MAGUS have perfected their own style of full-on metal assault with fantastic heavy riffing and stomping songs, strong hook-lines, epic vocals/lyrics and rousing solo guitars. “HAMMER OF THE NORTH” is not only the title of a new album in the band’s catalogue, it’s going to be a strong statement from GRAND MAGUS: “Hammer Of The North” - this is pure Heavy Metal!

GRAND MAGUS:
"We are thrilled with working with Roadrunner Records. We regard this both as a great sign of recognition and most importantly a chance for us to really push ourselves and the music to the point of perfection. We are confident that the team of us and Roadrunner will be something really special."

Henk Hakker (MD Roadrunner Records/Germany):
“It is very exciting for RR Germany to sign excellent European bands like GRAND MAGUS, in order to prove that not only American metal can be successful worldwide. I am confident that we will be able to create the right infrastructure around Grand Magus in order to support the best records in their career and to get them on to the next level.”

Chris Klimek (A&R Roadrunner Records):
“I’m very happy and proud about the fact that this fantastic band has finally signed to Roadrunner, as we haven’t been the only label grabbing at them. All members in GRAND MAGUS are fantastic musicians: JB is a marvellous singer and guitarist. SEB and FOX are great instrumentalists and the steam-rolling backing in this band. The natural, organic and timeless sound of GRAND MAGUS, plus their 100% eager, authentic and passionate heavy metal-attitude and coolness marks them out as absolutely special in the whole scene! I’m really looking forward to a mutually rewarding future with these great guys! Skol!”
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:44 pm

From the GM website

Studio update! | 2009-12-29
HAIL!

"We have now spent two days in studio 301 outside of Stockholm, in deep freeze weather by the way, and have already laid down basic tracks for eight of the songs for the upcoming album HAMMER OF THE NORTH. The big room we use for the drums have unique and fantastic acoustics, we are talking some of the most punishing natural drum sounds since Creatures of the night or Mob rules.

It'll be extremely exciting to present some real stuff in this world of triggered and doctored drums and what else. We are confident that the real deal will taste better!

Expect more news soon. Time to go."

/GRAND MAGUS
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:32 pm

ohohoh need new album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:12 am

Quote :
ohohoh need new album

THIS!

did they mention when it would be out?
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:55 am

Mid to late 2010
Back to top Go down
ostler

ostler

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Anyone got their vinyl copy of of their s/t yet? Only 300 copies made... comes with a poster and 7" with bonuses.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:49 pm

May 10th is the release date for the new album...Fuck yeah man...
Back to top Go down
ostler

ostler

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Seen the artwork yet?
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Yeah....I got to post it...
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Grand Magus - Page 3 3nd3p910
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:58 pm

NEW ALBUMZ!
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Oh nice
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah, I am so pumped for this and Cathedral....
Back to top Go down
okirimono

okirimono

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:57 pm

W00T!! *dances*
Back to top Go down
http://www.okirimono.deviantart.com
ostler

ostler

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:30 am

Footage from a recent photo shoot, including a snippet of a new song!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.de/page/News?news_id=91941
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

^^ oh kick ass..........
Back to top Go down
Svibrager

Svibrager

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 am

been listening to them a fair bit this week. S
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 am

I am sitting here with an erection thinking about the new album coming out in a couple of weeks....

I CAN'T WAIT ANY MORE............
Back to top Go down
ostler

ostler

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

I hope it's more like Wolf's Return!
Back to top Go down
ostler

ostler

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:41 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.de

Free Grand Magus track, I Am the Jury for download at 5pm, I imagine it'll be 5pm German time?
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Holy shit, new album TBR?! KICKASS!
Back to top Go down
ostler

ostler

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:10 am

New track is a nice slice of power metal! Alas they aren't doom anymore but it's good stuff nonetheless.

Still better than anything Beggars have done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Magus
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next