Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Global Warming

Go down 
    +3
    rawheavygreen
    Mash
    Heat
    7 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage

Global Warming - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:02 pm

No yeah we are! There's an upcoming ice age.
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Awesome, Heat likes the cold.......... Global Warming - Page 2 156850
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:14 pm

I don't mind going green as they say, hell I was even a Green Party supporter before they got hijacked by the lunatic left hey whatever it takes to make life on this shitty planet easier, doesn't bother me. With that said, while I think it's Naive to think we're not causing an impact on the atmosphere I Also think it's arrogant and presumptuous to believe that we are solely the cause of climate change, trust me this planet will keep turning even if we all died out tomorrow. I guest what I'm trying to say regarding this debate is that in a way both sides have a point. Wink
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:46 pm

I try to go green whenever possible.
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Ripzz wrote:
    goose wrote:
    I'm no Biologist, but I'm PRETTY sure this is just the Earth going through it's natural cycle - but what a perfect way to make a buck right? I see absolutely nothing wrong with this "going green" thing, for the most part it's nothing but good - nothing wrong with using your resources sparingly. I'm pretty sure that the Earth goes through warming and cooling cycles every so many years, which pretty much means our beloved glaciers will come back, they always do, and they've disappeared before, came back, and now look...they're disappearing again! It's ignorant to think that we could heat up a WHOLE planet from our waste when comparing the shit we put into the sky to say, a volcanic eruption, the Earth repairs fine after that gets all cleared up. It's also ignorant to say we can't change the planet in any way, shape, or form; we can, but I highly doubt we are responsible for a whole global climate change.

Besides, it's hard to believe in global warming when it's almost May and the average temperature is low to mid 40's, even if it is Wisconsin.

Volcanoes don't erupt everyday.

Ok but look what it does to the world when one does. Remember that one that erupted and cooled the Earth's temperature by 2-3 degrees for nearly a decade? Trees cleared that all up and the Earth went back to normal. To think that smoke stacks are cause for mass-heating is silly. Trees clear all that up day by day.

Natural processes.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:19 pm

Cheese wrote:
    Quote :
    You should die too, then.

but the fact is we still are ruining our surroundings, mostly unknowingly, but people should try. i mean the simplest things can help (i think). if every human uses both sides of a paper, that'd save a lot of trees. but if one person does it, that wont make much of a difference now will it?

Trees are going to be taken down regardless of whether you use both sides of that paper or not, and the loggers plant trees for every one they take down...it just takes a long fucking time for it to come into effect. As for littering, putting toxins into the air, etc, etc. That will certainly kill us, but once we all kill ourselves off the Earth will slowly progress back to it's normal state...I mean, didn't it get hit by a huge meteor waaaay back in the beginning that wiped out all prehistoric life? Well look, it repaired itself and now here were are to fuck it all up again until we die off and new life comes into existence.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:44 am

goose wrote:
    Ripzz wrote:
    goose wrote:
    I'm no Biologist, but I'm PRETTY sure this is just the Earth going through it's natural cycle - but what a perfect way to make a buck right? I see absolutely nothing wrong with this "going green" thing, for the most part it's nothing but good - nothing wrong with using your resources sparingly. I'm pretty sure that the Earth goes through warming and cooling cycles every so many years, which pretty much means our beloved glaciers will come back, they always do, and they've disappeared before, came back, and now look...they're disappearing again! It's ignorant to think that we could heat up a WHOLE planet from our waste when comparing the shit we put into the sky to say, a volcanic eruption, the Earth repairs fine after that gets all cleared up. It's also ignorant to say we can't change the planet in any way, shape, or form; we can, but I highly doubt we are responsible for a whole global climate change.

Besides, it's hard to believe in global warming when it's almost May and the average temperature is low to mid 40's, even if it is Wisconsin.

Ok but look what it does to the world when one does. Remember that one that erupted and cooled the Earth's temperature by 2-3 degrees for nearly a decade? Trees cleared that all up and the Earth went back to normal. To think that smoke stacks are cause for mass-heating is silly. Trees clear all that up day by day.

Natural processes.

Okay, so what are we to do then when all the trees in the Amazon and Congo basin are all hacked away to make way for more farms and factories etc. ?
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:13 am

@ goose, you are absolutely right, trees will be cut down anyway. im with you on this, but humans are still destroying the earth, regardless of it being a natural cycle or whatever.

and what if it werent a natural cycle? then what? we have to put both possibilities in case here. none of them are confirmed. so yeah confused

whatever it maybe, i still think people should be more careful with their environment.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:14 am

True, there is no way of knowing if it is natural or not so we should just continue to live on with our lives - if we're fucked, we're fucked regardless of how many corduroy shopping bags we purchase to save from using plastic.

I agree with you 100%, we should take care of our environment, we should have been since we established industry, but we haven't, this "Global Warming" is good for one thing, and that is providing that incentive to clean up and act responsible about our waste.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:07 pm

I still think that people should just die and then we'll go back to the viking-era.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Mysterious Traveler wrote:
    goose wrote:
    Ripzz wrote:
    goose wrote:

Natural processes.

Okay, so what are we to do then when all the trees in the Amazon and Congo basin are all hacked away to make way for more farms and factories etc. ?

Well if they're planting trees after the ones that they cut down I doubt there are any plans for industry. But if there is, then there really isn't anything we can do about it unless you want to get a group together, fly down and protest.
    Back to top Go down
    BravoYankeeEcho

BravoYankeeEcho

Number of posts : 380
    Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:45 pm

It's always so ironic how people say "Humans are a cancer". Let "them" die with "their" factories...
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:49 am

mygga_med_stil wrote:
    I read somewhere that the "scientists" back in the 70s predicted the world to slowly go into a new ice age. Geez, look how that turned out. Rolling Eyes

It was actually back in the 80's after several years with unusual cold winters and summers "experts" said we was heading into a iceage. The same experts say now that we are to blame for the warmer weather.

I think the reason for global warming is partly natural and partly our fault. At least it push the will to come up with technology that is more friendly to the environment.

If pollution from oil have that effect on the global warming as some say, it will solve itself by 2030 when all the oil wells have been emptied...
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:15 am

HA, lets see what good that will do to humans...
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:47 am

Voggis wrote:
    mygga_med_stil wrote:
    I read somewhere that the "scientists" back in the 70s predicted the world to slowly go into a new ice age. Geez, look how that turned out. Rolling Eyes

It was actually back in the 80's after several years with unusual cold winters and summers "experts" said we was heading into a iceage. The same experts say now that we are to blame for the warmer weather.

I think the reason for global warming is partly natural and partly our fault. At least it push the will to come up with technology that is more friendly to the environment.

If pollution from oil have that effect on the global warming as some say, it will solve itself by 2030 when all the oil wells have been emptied...

The warm weather melt the ice, then we have more water and then it gets cold so we have an ice age XD
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global Warming
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2