Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Satyricon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Satyricon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:08 pm

I just noticed, that one of the most popular bands of the genre does not have their own topic! affraid

Satyricon is a norwegian black metal (early years)/black´n´roll (nowadays) band with a very flexible line-up - only two permanent members are:

SATYR (Sigurd Wongraven) - Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards
FROST (Kjetil Vidar Haraldstad) - Drums

DISCOGRAPHY:

Dark Medieval Times (1993)
The Shadowthrone (1994)
Nemesis Divina (1996)
Rebel Extravaganza (1999)
Ten Horns - Ten Diadems (Best of, 2002)
Volcano (2002)
Now, Diabolical (2006)
The Age of Nero (2008)

Band was formed in year 1990 under the name "Eczema" and the only original member left is Satyr.
Sound samples (unfortunately only newer songs) on ---> http://www.myspace.com/satyricon

Satyricon Satyricon

So, what is YOUR opinion on Satyricon?

They used to have better "reputation" in the BM scene, now they´re being titled "a sellouts". Most probably because their music changed and their image too (Satyr looks like Dave Gahan lol! ).

Satyricon Satyricon-Aug-2008-1

Nevertheless, I love old Satyricon AND new one.
Dark Medieval Times has got to be one of the most innovative Cd´s of whole genre and shows all Satyrs talent. But, how can you improve if your debut album is already top music? Well, Satyricon gave an answer to this with The Shadowthrone and Nemesis Divina - all great CD´s and a must have for an average BM fan.
And then this Rebel Extravaganza came, which is also in my ears the weakest effort they made... they lost so many fans... and I´d say they´re still loosing them. The Age of Nero couldn´t stop this trend, but the band doesnßt really seem to mind. Maybe they just got "other kind" of fans and turned away from the "trve" BM scene...

They´re one of my favourite bands, love them or hate them.
I enjoy their music and that´s all it counts for me, not the "trvness" status they have. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 pm

I have both Nemesis Divina and The Age of Nero, ND is better of course, but I enjoy both and I really don't care about how trve they may be, as long as they keep making music that I can dig.
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:18 pm

I like Satyricon a lot, most of their albums rule.
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Love @ their debut album/Dark Medieval Times. I tried their second but that sucked a lot XD
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:12 pm

I really like The Age of Nero.
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 pm

trier wrote:
Love @ their debut album/Dark Medieval Times. I tried their second but that sucked a lot XD

You see, I also had the same kind of a problem with The Shadowthrone.
Dark Medieval Times is such a monster debut album, so Satyricon were already meant to "fail" with the next album. It´s still not one of my favourite Satyricon albums, but it´s really getting better from time to time when I listen to it. It´s a grower...

And about The Age of Nero...
I have no idea, why do people complain so much about it. Okay, it´s quite monotonous, but it was supposed to be this way. And I´m so sure they´ll not make another album like this. Satyr is just too creative to make same music all the time. That´s one of THE reasons, why I like this band that much. If you need a proof to this claim, just listen whole Satyricon discography and see how various it is...
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 am

I always liked metal mixed with folk music (actually I like a lot mixed with Folk, be that Tull's Blues Rock with it, or Fairport Convention, or whatever), so Dark Medieval Times hit me hard in it's greatness. One that, to me, Satyricon still couldn't beat three years later with their third album. I think that's why they changed styles so much. If you already brought out the best shot you can have at a certain style, why repeat yourself year after year?

I still prefer their first three albums because that is one of the main styles of metal I like, but their newer are still okay.
The song Dark Medieval Times was also the first black metal song I liked, and the albums up to Nemesis Divina those that really got me into the style.
The Shadowthrone gets far too little love in here, though. They did a good job at a highly atmospheric album, but a lot synth heavier than ND or DMT.
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:55 am

Sigyn84 wrote:
trier wrote:

Dark Medieval Times is such a monster debut album, so Satyricon were already meant to "fail" with the next album. It´s still not one of my favourite Satyricon albums, but it´s really getting better from time to time when I listen to it. It´s a grower...

Could you recommend another album by Satyricon, which reminds of Dark Medieval Times?
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:26 pm

100% prefer new Satyricon sound over the old. Now Diabolical, Rebel Extravaganza and Age Of Nero are just awesome.
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Holy shit, really? I don't mind either way. One thing I do really like about the newer style of Satyricon is that they are quite heavy compared to older.
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:45 pm

trier wrote:
Sigyn84 wrote:
trier wrote:

Could you recommend another album by Satyricon, which reminds of Dark Medieval Times?

Try "Nemesis Divina", but don't expect it to be like "Dark Medieval Times", because it's not, but it's their 2nd best album, IMO.
Back to top Go down

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:06 am

I like all of Satyricon's albums. The Age of Nero is actually better than Now, Diabolic.
But, I'd prefer the older stuff when you actually know its Frost behind the drums when you listen to the songs. The feel of the older songs is also much better compared to the new ones.
Satyr used to be obssessed with the Medieval times..wonder what happened now..
Back to top Go down
Pete_The_Ripper

Pete_The_Ripper

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Nemesis Divina was one of my first BM album and is still one of my all time favourites, along with Filosofem, Black Shining Leather and Panzerfaust, but i really like the new stuff, especially Volcano and The Age Of Nero
Back to top Go down
http://www.grindontheroad.com

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:47 am

ron.deathorgy wrote:
Satyr used to be obssessed with the Medieval times..wonder what happened now..

Now he only looks as if he'd be obsessed with Depeche Mode...
I really can't get over his Dave Gahan looks Shocked
Grow long hair again, Satyr, plzzzzz.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Satyricon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyricon   Satyricon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Satyricon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Metal Sub Genres :: Black Metal-
Jump to: