Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected

Go down 
    +4
    dr.nutslap
    mygga_med_stil
    Mash
    Heat
    8 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:44 am

narthwastaken wrote:

The media have made a big deal over what may just be an infectious but mild flu, and while action is warranted I wouldn't panic, most of this is just them looking to sell stuff. Mexico even revised the death count down, they reckon it's closer 100 deaths, with about 3K cases. Which is is a 3-5% mortality rate, their and elsewhere it's about 0.3-0.5%. Flu kills, it does every year, 35000 Americans die of flu every year....

...It'd say to be careful, that pork is fine as long as you cook it properly (and lets face it, badly cooked pork has worse than swine flu in, especially mexican pork)...

The official number from Mexico of people that is checked and confirmed dead by the swine-flu is just 7. Those seven would most likely had died anyway by the common flu, cause they already was weakened by other diseases like cancer.

The thing about swine-flu is that no one is immune from it as it's a new type of flu virus. If you had the flu once you're immune to it until you catch a new type of virus. The worst thing that can happen now is that many get ill at the same time as factorys, companys, transportation, schools and stores get closed down for a period of time cause everybody is lying sick at home.

You don't get swine-flu by eating pork meat or any other meat as virus doesn't infect that way. The virus is infected airborne and dies relatively fast if it doesn't find a host (human or animal)

Edit: Now it's down to just one (1) confirmed death in Mexico, and 19 death that is under suspicion of being caused by the virus. Another 200 deaths is ruled out to be caused by the swine-flu.
    898 people are confirmed sick by the virus world wide, that leaves a possible death rate that is equal to the common flu.
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Well, a friend of mine was at the hospital today for some resaon I'm not sure of. Anyway, she was bored when she sat in the waiting room, and when she's bored you never know what happens. Today it sounded like this: "Mum, you remember when we came home from Mexico last week? how I felt at bit sick?" tongue The staff wasn't that happy about her little joke. She's never been to Mexico.
    Back to top Go down
    Nefarious_Priest

Nefarious_Priest

Number of posts : 1044
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:53 pm

I understand this Swine Flu concern is serious and not to be taken lightly but god it annoys me when I switch on the TV here in England and see the media going on and on about this. The media machine generating widespread fear and panic yet again.

Mexico is like however many thousand miles away and here the media is telling us oh be afraid cause like 13 people out of a population of 60/70 million have caught it. I'm not worried, we have good medical professionals who I trust and I'm pretty hygienic everywhere I go.

Anyway sorry to all those who have been affected by it.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:01 pm

maols wrote:
    Well, a friend of mine was at the hospital today for some resaon I'm not sure of. Anyway, she was bored when she sat in the waiting room, and when she's bored you never know what happens. Today it sounded like this: "Mum, you remember when we came home from Mexico last week? how I felt at bit sick?" tongue The staff wasn't that happy about her little joke. She's never been to Mexico.

Heh, that's fucking awesome! I did that to a mate of mine who got pulled over for a broken indicator, sat there and went 'At least they didn't find the body in the trunk.' Luckily he had a sense of humor.

Either I've official had enough of the this swine flu thing already, sat in town today and sneezed, I got the dirtyest look and some bloke asking whether I felt dizzy and light headed.
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:55 am

Right now there's something much more dangerous and deadly going on...The European Song Contest...

BEWARE!
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:01 am

Swine flu? This should be moved to "Total Nonsense".
    Back to top Go down
    rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

Number of posts : 283
    Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:15 am

Dopesmoker wrote:
    I understand this is a serious problem but seems people are taking it a little to seriously.

wooord. its fun to listen to people talk about it at work.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:26 pm

Swine Flu is a load of crap so that the Government can give the Pharmacudial Corporations money to research a bullshit disease.
    Back to top Go down
    Tyrant Lizard

Tyrant Lizard

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:29 am

By some weird coincidence, I had a cold a couple weeks ago when Swine-Flu was all over the news.
    I'm feeling better now though so...yeah...
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected   Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swine-flu symptoms: Checklist to see if you may be infected
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2