Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Muhammad Drawings

Go down 
+6
Nefarious_Priest
Animal
GodlessEndeavor
Edible
Heat
Mash
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Muhammad Drawings Empty
PostSubject: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:27 am

So what do you think about those? Us danes has really got bad reputation because some random newspaper here made 'em.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy

Discuss!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:32 am

Oh yeah I remember that fiasco The Muhammad Drawings 965191 according to Islamic doctrine, it is forbidden to dipict the image of the prophet Muhammad. I think it either has something to do with taking attention away from Allah or a fear of portraying the prophet in the wrong light. Frankly - and I say this with respect to those with an Abrahamic faith - I think it's just as silly as Orthodox Jews getting upset if you say Jehova or Christians if you say Jesus had a wife The Muhammad Drawings 81611
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:00 am

Yeah, there was a professor here in Canada who posted those pictures on the door of his office and protested in support of free speech..... I think he was fired as a result.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Ha, i remember how much of an ordeal that was here...everyone stopped buying products from denmark and shit. tbh i found it funny. i mean some dude made some drawings, ok fine what he did was wrong. but you giving him attention lets him get just what he wants. bah it was really stupid at that time i swear. the reaction of people to it was just too much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:14 pm

The cartoons caused many problems in Kuwait (where I was at the time).
There's this company called KDD (Kuwait Danish Dairy) which was asked to close down.
KDD is like the leading (one of the few) diary in Kuwait. They replied that though they once were partners with the Danes, they were independant now. I was worried as most of my fruit juice is manufactured by them..
In the end, nothing happened..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:13 pm

haha I remember one poor african country they just began to boykott everything from Denmark. The funny thing was that we send that country a lot of money every year, but they did not thought of that XD Anyway I think it smells that Turkey for example still has pain in the ass about it. Unbelieveable that they want to join Europe but still just can get further in life. Seriously.. and I think it was weird, that people began to hate Danmark because some random guy made some drawings. We have the freedom of speech or what the heck it's called XD the newspapers are independant and can post whatever they want XD
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:24 pm

Ah, it's not the huge a deal here.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:20 pm

There was a fair amount of bitching in the media here, but nothing really happened.
I found the whole affair pretty funny, the world needs to learn to take a joke.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:59 am

I remember they made quite a commotion over here. I even heard they mistakenly burned a Swiss flag instead of a Danish one The Muhammad Drawings 156850 Fucking retards.
Back to top Go down
Animal

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:22 am

These people seriously need to lighten up. Maybe if they didn't go apeshit over some cartoons or a teddy bear, or whatever, people wouldn't be as inclined to rip on Muslims. Time for them to join the 21st Century.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:33 am

Yeah ya know, I have no problem at all with this. They gotta stop taking things soooooo seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:30 am

I think it's a good thing they got pissed off. If they're stupid enough to let something like that get to them they deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Nefarious_Priest

Nefarious_Priest

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:39 am

I was living out in the middle east at the time. The whole thing was blown out of proportion but I think there was more a conflict of cultures/beliefs. One side arguing freedom of speech etc. and the other arguing respect for a religion etc.

I do remember Lurpak wasn't available momentarily for like a month but then they started selling it cause it was like well what's the point lol.
Back to top Go down
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:49 pm

its called freedom of speech... im atheist and if someone started ripping on atheists(which happens anyway) i wouldnt get offended... because thats their opinion... but with alot of these devout religious ppl they believe that they are the almighty and everyone else is wrong... so any opinion but theirs is wrong so they dont want slander of their "correct" opinion...
Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:02 pm

I was shocked and i couldn t believed this film because hollywood can do better films with animation style i said wy muhammad (a film which is known message) is already exist about these things 👅 and then i laughed there were a cartoon filmed like lion king. It s true Muhammad mustn t showing at the films or pictures according to religion but it s just a cartoon no one knows jesus or muhammed real appereance and no one won t if you won t dead or undead anyway. Wink

Last edited by Nocturnal on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/NovemberRust

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:06 am

Everyone knows Muhammad looks like a Saudi Arabian stereotype, complete with turban and scimitar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 am

No I think he's one of those tacky Arabs who ware too much gold and suits that were lame even in the 70s The Muhammad Drawings 965191
Back to top Go down
Opethian

Opethian

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:50 am

I'm a Muslim and I protest vehemently against this. Some attention-seeking newspaper thought that it would be fun to publish drawings of the most iconic figure in Islamic history. It's true you can do whatever the **** you want, you have this thing called freedom of speech in most capitalist countries, but that doesn't mean you will pull off something as farce as this and get away with it. Did the Danish government ban this newspaper? And oh,Yeah, sadly, they only succeeding in ruining the country's economy. And most of you will blame the Muslims. But give me a break, if some newspaper published something about Mary Madelene's relationship with Jesus, what would have been the reaction of the Vatican and the die-hard Catholics. Give Muslims. Whatever we do, is labelled as extremist activity. Give us a break.
Back to top Go down
Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 am

Opethian wrote:
I'm a Muslim and I protest vehemently against this. Some attention-seeking newspaper thought that it would be fun to publish drawings of the most iconic figure in Islamic history. It's true you can do whatever the **** you want, you have this thing called freedom of speech in most capitalist countries, but that doesn't mean you will pull off something as farce as this and get away with it. Did the Danish government ban this newspaper? And oh,Yeah, sadly, they only succeeding in ruining the country's economy. And most of you will blame the Muslims. But give me a break, if some newspaper published something about Mary Madelene's relationship with Jesus, what would have been the reaction of the Vatican and the die-hard Catholics. Give Muslims. Whatever we do, is labelled as extremist activity. Give us a break.
No, you give us a break. The Cathlic Church is ridiculed on a daily basis by just about every form of media and we don't here bar one yet this little cartoon strip is breaking headlines and clogging up my news program instead of actual news? If you are muslim, good for you and more power to you but your beliefs are not mine and as such I can freely draw pictures of religious figures as much as I want and if you have a problem with that, then that's what it is; your problem.
Back to top Go down
Opethian

Opethian

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 5:26 am

Whether the catholic church is ridiculed or not, is none of my business Rolling Eyes I don't mind if you draw a thousand pictures of any religious figure as long AS YOU ARE NOT DOING IT FOR THE SAKE OF PUBLICITY/ ATTENTION- SEEKING OR FOR THE SAKE OF RIDICULING MUSLIMS. As long as you are not being an attention-seeking-whore and not doing stuffs like this for the sake of gaining popularity, I don't mind and I don't have a problem. And you can blame the media for the clogging up thingy. Media loves juicy gossip and if this sort of news bothers, then again, it's YOUR problem.
Cheers Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 am

Opethian wrote:

Well you do understand that such a reaction only increases that publication's attention.Anyway I think you make a good point about Muslims getting singled out for extreme behavior. Here in America we have Christian and some Jewish Groups as well who want to do away with my constitutional right to worship freely as well as control what individuals read in libraries or watch on TV. And yet these are the same hypocrites who preach against the global threat of "Islamofascism" Rolling Eyes :wtf:
Back to top Go down
Opethian

Opethian

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:19 am

ReginaldPLinux wrote:
Everyone knows Muhammad looks like a Saudi Arabian stereotype, complete with turban and scimitar.

Oh, you are so sure? Maybe you were born a few thousand years back? It really hurts to see people talking about any religion other than their own in this manner. Where's the respect, man?
Back to top Go down
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:56 pm

again... its freedom of speech... no respect needed... i have been ridiculed my whole life for being an atheist u dont see me crying about it... everyone thinks that atheists are actually devil worshippers and sacrifice babys at night for their master... ignorance is everywhere... and i for one thing the muslim faith is the most ignorant one of all... all muslim countries are backwater because they refuse change.... and just for their ppl to believe what they believe... yes some countries are better then others... but do you see christian countries(nowadays) stoning their women because they dont do something according to the bible? no...

each religion has its problems... and as free citizens of a country its our right to make fun of that... doesnt matter if it offends you... its still our right...

not that i dont like you xD you seem cool just stating a point
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Set Abominae wrote:
again... its freedom of speech... no respect needed... i have been ridiculed my whole life for being an atheist u dont see me crying about it... everyone thinks that atheists are actually devil worshippers and sacrifice babys at night for their master... ignorance is everywhere... and i for one thing the muslim faith is the most ignorant one of all... all muslim countries are backwater because they refuse change.... and just for their ppl to believe what they believe... yes some countries are better then others... but do you see christian countries(nowadays) stoning their women because they dont do something according to the bible? no...

each religion has its problems... and as free citizens of a country its our right to make fun of that... doesnt matter if it offends you... its still our right...

not that i dont like you xD you seem cool just stating a point

Yeah, I am atheist as well and I have been defending my views on religion my whole life.

I think the biggest problem that came out of the whole Danish cartoon fiasco was that I saw a group of Muslims burning a Danish and American flag in the streets in retaliation. Making a cartoon is one thing, but burning flags? That is doing nothing but escalating the issue to the level of violence.... which a lot of Muslim groups tend to do very swiftly in confrontational situations. I am not saying that all Muslims do this, nor am I stereotyping anyone, just stating facts that I see. I know that Christians arent fucking perfect either, and I am proud to not be affiliated with their religions as much as any other.........

So come on, start the Mash attack The Muhammad Drawings 911255
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Quote :
... but do you see christian countries(nowadays) stoning their women because they dont do something according to the bible? no...

Christian countries? you mean like Northern Ireland where people get bombed or shot just for following a different denomination? Serbia where people see nothing wrong with killing anyone Muslim or non Orthodox? Italy one of many nations whose government still answers to the Vatican and therefore bans certain films or books? Greece where Pagan worship of the Hellenic pantheon is actually viewed as a criminal offense! I'm not trying to say Islamic nations are any better but don't be too quick to champion other societies over them just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Muhammad Drawings   The Muhammad Drawings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Muhammad Drawings
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Off Topic Discussions :: Serious Business-
Jump to: