Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vegetarianism

Go down 
+4
Voggis
Decay02
Mash
Heat
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hungryfreak

Hungryfreak

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Vegetarianism - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:26 pm

Considering I haven't gone cannibalistic yet, you can assume it's the actual definition, haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:33 am

Edible wrote:
I would say spider hunting wasps laying larvae in a paralyzed spider to slowly eat their insides out, while preserving vital organs as long as possible to keep the food fresh pretty much trumps anything we have managed. I would go on to say that the wasp wouldn't lose sleep over it (if wasps do indeed sleep, which I am not too sure about too be honest, anyone know?)

I would argue that this is not really cruel. Gruesome, yes. But the wasp is not doing it out of spite. It is doing it because it is necessary for its life cycle.

A better example of an animal actually being cruel would be simply a cat playing with a mouse, instead of killing it outright. But really, humans have a capacity for cruelty far beyond any other animal, as we genuinely revel in the misery of others.

As far as vegetarianism goes, i do not buy it. Eating meat is natural, and i love how it tastes (except chicken and turkey, which tastes of bugger all). I am an unashamed carnivore. I do not really have a problem the actual slaughthouse bit, though i am totally against factory farming, and attempt to buy free range whenever i can. As far as I'm concerned, if an animal has led a good life, the exact method of its demise does not particularly bother me.
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:41 am

I am not saying animals are cruel as such, just efficient. They will do whatever it takes and in most cases no more, to get fed. Now to extrapolate that attitude onwards to people, battery farms are the conclusion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:56 am

I personally don't have issues with people that go vegetarian because they don't like the taste of meat. Thats fine by me, its the people that do it JUST BECAUSE of animal cruelty that piss me off. Particularly cause they are self-righteous douchebags.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:22 am

I am myself vegetarian (basically don't eat meat) because I don't really like taste of meat. Maybe I am strange or something but I just do not like it. tongue I mean - if there is situation like I don't have choice and have to eat meat, that is ok, I can eat this but I strongly prefer non-meat meals. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:15 pm

I could not live as a vegetarian I wold starve to death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:06 pm

I don't like the taste of meat, and I'm also strongly against battery farms. I don't actually do much exercise, and I get what I need from tofu, vegetables, fruit, fungus, dairy products, etc. I'm also against corporate farming. Battery farms, combined with corporate and industrial farming are causing massive environmental damage.

Also, this image:
Vegetarianism - Page 3 195a995f53f49f05763cf9a795ca08d1ebc47956
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:45 am

ReginaldPLinux wrote:
I don't like the taste of meat, and I'm also strongly against battery farms. I don't actually do much exercise, and I get what I need from tofu, vegetables, fruit, fungus, dairy products, etc. I'm also against corporate farming. Battery farms, combined with corporate and industrial farming are causing massive environmental damage.

Also, this image:
Vegetarianism - Page 3 195a995f53f49f05763cf9a795ca08d1ebc47956

That would make for one helluva BBQ
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarianism   Vegetarianism - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegetarianism
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum