Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Electric Wizard

Go down 
+10
scato
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Hungryfreak
Pete_The_Ripper
philisthebest
Symmachus
BravoYankeeEcho
Acid_Bath_
rawheavygreen
Heat
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Well, you've got to have an Electric Wizard thread, eh? They're said too be the ultimate stoner metal band, although, I'm a bigger fan of Sleep, personally. They seem to have a lot of Hit or Miss music. I've got everything they made and a split or two of thiers. Dopethrone is the biggest, ofcourse. Come my Fanatics, and Supercoven are my favorites other than Dopethrone. Let Us Prey is always cool, though.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:07 pm

These guys top the list of Stoner Doom for me.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:38 pm

I totally want to make an Electric Wizard back patch.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm

They do have a lot of out there moments in their music, especially the earlier stuff, but easily one of my all time favorites, Dopethrone, Come My Fanatics, and their self titled are easily my favorites. Lots of good jams, and it's great to get stoned too.

Not sure how many other people are into that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:11 pm

Only heard Dopethrone and Come My Fanatics but damn it's some of the best music I've ever heard. It's just so heavy and crushing.

Saying that though I am leaning on the side that Ramesses are pretty much equal with all the best Wizard stuff.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Ramesses is a great band. Easily on par with EW. Fucking monolithic sound.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:43 pm

GodMachine wrote:
They do have a lot of out there moments in their music, especially the earlier stuff, but easily one of my all time favorites, Dopethrone, Come My Fanatics, and their self titled are easily my favorites. Lots of good jams, and it's great to get stoned too.

Not sure how many other people are into that kind of thing.

I agree with you on every level here.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:26 am

GodMachine wrote:
Ramesses is a great band. Easily on par with EW. Fucking monolithic sound.

Most definately. Any word on the new album? I read a small interview in Terrorizer saying about how it's creepyier than Alchemy but other than that nothing.

(I really should open a seperate topic for this question)
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:46 am

Witchcult Today is amazing; That's the only one I have right now.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:45 am

All of you, who yet haven't, should check the split with Reverend Bizarre. EW's The House on the Borderland is easily one of my favoirte EW songs. Electric Wizard 466507
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 am

Yeah the split is amazing. I think Heat actually sent it too me. Very cool split.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:43 am

Very cool split, I have it on vinyl. Bizarre always had great bm-covers. And the cover of the split itself. Fucking a.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 am

Does "Let Us Prey" come recommended ? That is one I'll probably get next cause the local shop has it.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:56 pm

It's not my favorite, and not nearly as good as "Dopethrone", but it's a good listen absolutely.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Every EW album is a worth to listen. Also the new one, though Dopethrone is ultimately the best, two guitars they have something, especially 'cause I love Sourvein, i can hear them in the new albums.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:32 pm

I like everything from them too tongue
But my favorite is Come my Fanatics and the self titled is freakin awesome too !
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh yea, you can't beat that heavy riff in "Mourning Prayer". I love that riff.
Back to top Go down
rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Dear Electric Wizard,

Thank you for everything. For making me understand those hits I was taking before I heard you were weak and I was only smoking weed because it was cool. You guided me into the haze. Turn to the sun.

<3

me
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:03 am

Electric Wizard 10780
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Spectre wrote:
Does "Let Us Prey" come recommended ? That is one I'll probably get next cause the local shop has it.
It's not Dopethrone or Come My Fanatics, but it's pretty good.

I also liked the Chrono.Naut-Nuclear Guru split with Orange Goblin. Though mostly because of the goblin's best song.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:34 pm

I like Let Us Prey.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Yeah Lets Us Pray was pretty sick. Everything has been good with me though.
Back to top Go down
Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:56 pm

lol, rawheavygreen. Electric Wizard 516428
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Dopethrone is fucking godly.
Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:28 pm

RunningRed wrote:
Dopethrone is fucking godly.

Never a truer word spoken.

Also, now I've heard Dopethrone, Come My Fanatics and the self title and pretty much enjoyed all of them, what should I aim for next? Witchcult?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electric Wizard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Wizard   Electric Wizard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric Wizard
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next