Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Bongzilla

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:28 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm, when I think Bongzilla, I think 'GATEWAY'. Thats an amazing album with amazing artwork. Only album artwork that can touch it is Dopethrone, I'd say.

Anyway, They're an amazing stoner metal band. I suggest them to pretty anyone into Stoner. The vocals are very stand-out for me. Thats what turns me on to this band, mostly.
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:02 pm

I Stash and Amerijuanican are ok and Gateway is not bad.

Last edited by Heat on Sun May 03, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:05 pm

HeatMizer wrote:
    I Stash and Amerijuanican are my favorite. But Gateway is awesome.

Yup, pretty much anything they've done is great. I think Gateway stands out so much due to the very cool Album artwork. However, Amerijuanican and Stash are both very cool.
    Back to top Go down

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:33 am

I listen to all their material when hitting the bong, excellent smoking music. If you like them, check out "Weedeater", it's a project by the bass player, kind of similar, but just as good.
    Back to top Go down

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:24 am

Bongzilla

Bongzilla 6782_photo

Quote :
    Releasing pounds of material over the course of the last few years, BONGZILLA have raised consciousness in regards to their existence, and have kept their musical fires burning non-stop. Having toured the U.S. multiple times, playing gigs with the likes of TODAY IS THE DAY, UNSANE, NOOTHGRUSH, LOGICAL NONSENSE, DYSTOPIA, GRIEF, ZED, EL DOPA, CATTLEPRESS, IRE, CAVE-IN and the mighty SPAZZ, BONGZILLA love to perform live. The band’s live show is not to be missed as crushing heaviness blends perfectly with tortured, intense vocals and tripped-out passages of mellowed, experimental jamming. BONGZILLA support the cause of legalization, regularly playing national Hemp festivals such as Weedstock (BONGZILLA contributed a track to the Weedstock Vol. 1 CD) and Harvestfest. The summer of 1998 proved to be an important time for BONGZILLA, as they made a highly publicized appearance at the Milwaukee Metalfest in addition to joining labelmates UNSANE for a devastating tour of the Midwestern United States.

Influenced by the medicinal powers of THC and a love for wicked grooves, BONGZILLA entered the infamous Austin Enterprises in 1996 where they recorded a massive demo with TODAY IS THE DAY’s Steve Austin overseeing the festivities. This, along with other demos from the band, made their way to the Relapse Compound (the subject matter alone warranted multiple listens) and the band was signed shortly thereafter. 1997’s 'Methods For Attaining Extreme Altitudes' presented three opus magni for the elevating of musical consciousness, and proved to be a perfect companion to a serious bong session. Two heavy, stoner-rock anthems and a billowy sonic cloud of ethereal experimentation (aptly titled "Smoke/I Love MaryJane") lit up the senses, and produced a hazy, bleary-eyed vision of what was yet to come.

In 1999, the hemp-friendly horticulturists returned from the stratosphere once again, bringing with them some of the best THC-powered rock ever exhaled! Recorded under the influence of three ounces of Humboldt’s finest, 'Stash' presented ten fat spliffs of crystallized bliss. In the truest sense of irony, the release date for 'Stash' fell on April 20, 1999 (4:20, ‘99), a release date that occurs only once every 7 years! In addition (and also by complete coincidence), the random Relapse catalog number assigned to 'Stash' was 6420! When extreme homage is payed, the true are rewarded justly.

With a Sabbath-on-downer-encrusted sound that blends billowing rock, clenched-teeth blues and an underground punk attitude, BONGZILLA fire up thunderous mega-rock with a pronounced emphasis on the "big riff." The band’s latest album, 'Gateway,' showcases a BONGZILLA sound fertilized ten-fold - simultaneously aggressive and mellow - with thunderous percussion, smoke-seared vocals and infectious, fuzzed-out riffs baked to perfection.

Metal Archives Page

MySpace
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:38 am

We already have a Bongzilla thread dude...Please search before adding bands.

Thanks

Heat
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 am

I plan on getting Amerijuanican soon. Strangely, I always find myself humming the title track...
    Back to top Go down

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:38 pm

Got my hands on Amerijuanican and I love it, Stonesphere is just everything I love about Stoner.

Assuming I go for Gateway next?
    Back to top Go down

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Yeah that would work. Pretty much anything of their's would work.
    Back to top Go down
    Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2009-04-12

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:25 pm

such a great band.
    Back to top Go down

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:24 pm

My name is MOSH and I like mancock...

I want to suck Heat until he spooves all over my throat...
    Back to top Go down
    rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

Number of posts : 283
    Registration date : 2009-04-21

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 am

are they on hiatus?
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:30 am

I checked out Amerijuanican. It was OK...but not my cup of tea...
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/
    Sponsored content

Bongzilla Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bongzilla   Bongzilla I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bongzilla
    Page 1 of 1