Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Amon Amarth

Go down 
+2
GodlessEndeavor
Mash
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Amon Amarth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Love Twilight, pretty much tops everything they've done. Especially 'Guardians Of Asgard'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:45 pm

I like all there work before Twilight of the Thunder God. I own a copy of With Oden on Our Side which is my favourite album. Though I don't like the new album. I know they probably play the new songs live and that's fine since they are really cool live. Johan Hegg makes them entertaining to see live he is a true viking haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Their earlier stuff was decent. Their last 2 albums have taken a simplistic and 'poppy' approach to death metal. Most songs are just 2 or 3 recycled catchy riffs for 3-4 minutes. I guess success went to their heads or something - they seem really lazy with songwriting lately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:53 am

Acid_Bath_ wrote:
one of the best Melodic Death Metal bands. good live too! Amon Amarth - Page 2 546327

word! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:23 am

I like all the albums, new album is not that good but still i like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:53 am

Hurjiz wrote:
I like all the albums, new album is not that good but still i like it.

Like all the albums, new album is good and I like it. 👅
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:01 am

They are outstanding live, although more and more recently they seem to be getting sucked into the mainstream.

Still, no matter, they are a superb band with only the newest album being slightly sub-standard. Apart from that all the other albums are bloody marvellous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 am

[b]embrace the endless ocean
Back to top Go down
Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Ripzz wrote:
Their earlier stuff was decent. Their last 2 albums have taken a simplistic and 'poppy' approach to death metal. Most songs are just 2 or 3 recycled catchy riffs for 3-4 minutes. I guess success went to their heads or something - they seem really lazy with songwriting lately.
says the mushroomhead fan. tongue

while I didn't care for their latest too much, With Oden On Our Side is easily one of their best albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:48 am

Mushroomhead fan in hea?!? Amon Amarth - Page 2 447100
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:54 am

Acid_Bath_ wrote:
Ripzz wrote:

while I didn't care for their latest too much, With Oden On Our Side is easily one of their best albums.

Mushroomhead's song structures don't remind me of pop, Amon Amarth's do. Besides, I stopped listening to MRH about 3 years ago when JMann left the band. They haven't released anything good since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:57 am

Fantastic band ! Waiting 'till august to see them live Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:32 am

I like all their albums. Amon Amarth got me listening to other melodeath (not that I like the genre very much)
And, great songwriting!!!!
Back to top Go down
Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:23 am

Ripzz wrote:
Acid_Bath_ wrote:
Ripzz wrote:

Mushroomhead's song structures don't remind me of pop, Amon Amarth's do. Besides, I stopped listening to MRH about 3 years ago when JMann left the band. They haven't released anything good since.

I'm just kidding with ya brah. tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:08 pm

one of the best melodeath band their last album Amon Amarth - Page 2 291405
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Which concert is? In the boat, other 2 vikings groups are in fight, Johan Hegg is singing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:22 am

Anyone else picking up their remasters?

Im missing a few of their earlier albums, so nows a good time to fill in the gaps.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:30 am

Great band, Johan Hägg kicks ass!

And gotta love the song and video of "guardians of asgaard" feuturing LG Petrov from Entombed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:31 pm

I gotta get more of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 pm

What do you got?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Once Sent from Golden Halls and With Oden on Our Side
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Alright, i think ypu should get Versus the world, fate of norns and Twilight of the thunder god. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:48 pm

I have heard all those, I sorta know what I need to get, I just have alot that I want to get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm

I think it should be mandatory to own all of Amon Amarth albums, mandatory. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:31 pm

I am kinda working on it, there is so much more I gotta get though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amon Amarth   Amon Amarth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amon Amarth
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Metal Sub Genres :: Death Metal-
Jump to: