Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others

Go down 
    +4
    Decay02
    GodlessEndeavor
    Set Abominae
    Mash
    8 posters
    AuthorMessage

Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others Empty
    PostSubject: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:12 pm

An often disputed genre that aforementioned bands seem to shun to avoid pigeon-holing, it nonetheless gathered a significant deal of popularity, trip hop is mostly laid-back amalgamation of electronica, break-beats, jazz, blues and ambient, often featuring leading female vocals. Apart from the main bands, there's also Belgian "Hooverphonic", who began as a trip-hop band but since expanded their sound to include brighter, pop-influenced writing, Tricky of Massive Attack fame and a number of others who either played the style or experimented with it at one point in their career. Anyone else a fan?
    Back to top Go down
    Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:49 pm

No
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
    Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:29 pm

a trip-hop band added me to myspace earlier but it had alot of dark influences to it... it didnt sound too bad... as in i didnt wanna vomit out of my eye sockets upon hearing it... but its not something id listen to on my own
    Back to top Go down
    GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Actually one of the VERY few forms of Electronic I can stand, hell this is also pretty enjoyable. Rob Dougan's pretty good, I hear
    Back to top Go down
    Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
    Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:56 am

Love it, Portishead and Tricky especially. There is a dark, brooding atmosphere to the genre that's hard to describe.
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:42 am

Portishead isn't that bad...back in my radio days I used to spin the song Glory Box quite regulary....
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Glory Box was the song that pretty much got me into the genre; and yeah, more often than not the bands tend to have a darker sound and/or themes.

lol btw what was the face for, mash?
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 am

Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others 737498
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    ostler

ostler

Number of posts : 197
    Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Dummy and Third from Portishead = love love love! <3
    Back to top Go down
    Svibrager

Svibrager

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:25 am

^quite Smile

Third bridged the massive gap between Dummy and self-titled P albums, I think; before that it was hard to understand where the self-titled album was coming from. not that 3rd doesn't stand on its own...
    Back to top Go down
    ostler

ostler

Number of posts : 197
    Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:46 am

Yeah never thought much of the self-titled album tbh...
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:29 am

Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others 831747
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
    Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:59 pm

I really liked their self-titled (not as much as Dummy, of course) but Third did nothing for me.
    Back to top Go down
    Svibrager

Svibrager

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Lord Heat wrote:
    Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others 831747

lol you've made your point about not liking it;

Doesn't mean I agree in any way shape or form lol

Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others 99613 Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others 551846 Hit
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others   Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trip-hop; Portishead, Massive Attack, Lamb, Morcheeba and others
    Page 1 of 1