Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Root - Kärgeras

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Root - Kärgeras Empty
PostSubject: Root - Kärgeras   Root - Kärgeras I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kärgeras is Czech's Root's most confusing and yet at the same time, rewarding album. It tells an epic, William Faulkner-like tale of an ancient race living in an ancient nation menaced by a Lovecraftish-monster called Dygon with a brave hero called Rodäxx, women giving birth to demons and..
Fuck it, Big Boss has some deep visions here.

Lykorian, with Kärgeras Prologue are two instrumental, which circle around a very catchy lead-melody, that is repeated throughout the whole album. Self-titled Kärgeras is the first with some vocals. Bib Boss starts to ramble about the mystical ruins of some city somewhere far away. About the vocals. Yeh.
Big Boss does some very insane shit here. His vocals carry from King Diamong-like falsetto to very low mumblings, more traditional death-growls,silent whispers and furious exclamations, monotonous incantations and almost opera-like vocals to something indescribable.

Prophet's Song is one of my favourite pieces. BB sings quite softly in here and in the end we have some Cheap Trick-soloing(!?)
by Blackie. The acoustic passages are sheer brilliance also.
Rulbräh and Rodäxx are quite different with the first being a mid-tempo semi-ballad and the second with Manowar-lyrics about the great hero, stronger than steel defeating the.. what the hell is this?

Old Man and Old Woman is a two-piece. These two songs have some scary stuff, Big Boss soungs absolutely possessed. The lead-melodies are very grim and we hear some menacing drumming in both ones. Old Woman has also the only blastbeat-section on the whole album.

The monster is getting more powerful by the black stone of vengeance. The little girl Rullbräh has been set to break the curse by somehow and is harassed by a witch who is responsible for summoning Dygon and... I don't know. Help me out here.

Equirhodont - Grandiose Magus and Dygon - Monstrosity are both very dark and epic pieces. Blackie goes through an epic repeative riff with Big Boss repeating the word 'destruction' over and over again. Very apocalyptic and very stylish.

Trygän-Sexton is I thing quite popular live-piece, whic is quite confusing because the song itself is very.. well, confusing.
The instruments are used very carefully and the main point is slowly pounding drums and bass-lines, and Jiri's preaching. In the end we hear some acoustic-licks also.
Dum, Vivimus, Vivanus is a short little closing bit with wordless vocals. Dygon is defeated, or is it? I'm not quite sure. But the threat is always alive and I'm quite eager to hear the upcoming sequel-album to this. Big Boss is already over 60 and still keeps going strong.

This one is very progressive, not death or black metal at all but something metal, strange, scary, bright, dark, deep, everything at a same time. Hear this one and you will grow inside quite surely.

"There the women gave birth to Death
when the Black Stone was glowing with life,
and she was a stranger at home
and she will become her own victim..."
Back to top Go down

Root - Kärgeras
Page 1 of 1