Metal Meltdown

All Metal, All The Time

HomeRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Random Death Metal Chat

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:34 am

I think because they recorded with a lot of different people and whatnot. Plus, they've got a lot of rehearsal's and what not that they recorded. I guess they just put it out there for more exporsure though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Entombed \m/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:57 pm

About time someone revived this topic tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:21 pm

haha yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
Entombed \m/

you know, I second that.

umm, how about this - which death metal bands/albums are the most underrated in your opinion, huh??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
Entombed \m/
Yeah, i uploaded 2 of their albums on the blog btw. And a Terrorizer album also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:54 pm

TheWhiteTiger wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:
Entombed \m/
Yeah, i uploaded 2 of their albums on the blog btw. And a Terrorizer album also.

Well done but I already have all their albums, and have had them for a very long time. More people here should be listening to Entombed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:51 am

dotoka wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:
Entombed \m/

you know, I second that.

umm, how about this - which death metal bands/albums are the most underrated in your opinion, huh??

Deicide - alot of people are quick to bash their post Once Upon The Cross material, but Serpents of the Light, Scars of the Crucifix and The Stench of Redemption are all pretty solid albums, especially the latter.

Vader - These guys are always overlooked or dismissed - even though they were around with the earliest Florida death metal bands, and popularised Death Metal in Europe. They also have the best selling death metal demo to date.

Hate Eternal - Often dismissed as noise - especially from Morbid Angel fanbois, but considering Morbid Angel has released nothing worth mentioning since Domination, and Hate Eternal's catalogue is close to perfect, I don't see why so many people dislike them. Straightforward brutal DM without any of that 'experimental' crap.

Krisiun - Never see them mentioned, and they rule.

Devourment - Almost everyone hates this band because of their extremely low guttural vocals, but their slams have more groove than most popular Death Metal.

Necrophagist - Always see people bashing them and calling them cheesy. No idea why, they're top notch tech-death and the shit they play is mindblowing.

Spawn of Possession - Never see them mentioned, but their music is extremely fast and technical, they tour rigorously and spend plenty of time talking to their fans. I can see them being the next Cannibal Corpse if given a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:45 am

Ripzz wrote:
Hate Eternal - Often dismissed as noise - especially from Morbid Angel fanbois, but considering Morbid Angel has released nothing worth mentioning since Domination, and Hate Eternal's catalogue is close to perfect, I don't see why so many people dislike them. Straightforward brutal DM without any of that 'experimental' crap.

Cept for the weird ass digeredoo right in the middle of 'To Know Our Enemies' : P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 2:44 pm

damientheomen wrote:
Ripzz wrote:

Cept for the weird ass digeredoo right in the middle of 'To Know Our Enemies' : P

Haha you have a point there!
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Quote :
Spawn of Possession - Never see them mentioned, but their music is extremely fast and technical, they tour rigorously and spend plenty of time talking to their fans. I can see them being the next Cannibal Corpse if given a chance.
What exactly do you mean by that last part?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:45 pm

GodlessEndeavor wrote:
Quote :
What exactly do you mean by that last part?

I mean I can see them getting to level of popularity and success that Cannibal Corpse has, because they have the same attitude. They are very humble - and spend alot of time with the fans after every show.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

How the hell can Spawn of Possession be underrated? Blasphemy!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Haha, every time I mean them people are like "who?!" They actually get confused with Corpsegrinder's side band (rather crappy one at that) Paths of Possession pretty often.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:57 pm

Ripzz wrote:
Haha, every time I mean them people are like "who?!" They actually get confused with Corpsegrinder's side band (rather crappy one at that) Paths of Possession pretty often.
Heh, it is a pretty crappy band. Anyway, SOP has only put out two albums, but with a couple more releases and some more touring I'm sure they'll become more prominent. That's just me speaking, of course
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Blood Red Throne are really kicking my arse, again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:42 pm

I'm pretty pumped on Beneath the Massacre atm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:17 pm

Ripzz wrote:
I'm pretty pumped on Beneath the Massacre atm.

Understandable they are a great band.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a core band? I think I'm confused for another...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 am

GodlessEndeavor wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a core band? I think I'm confused for another...

They're Technical DM, though alot of people confuse them for death core because they have breakdowns.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:14 am

Noseferatu....Inside of you

Guess band someone?

And soon i'm going to listen trough blood red thrones new to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:19 pm

ThornsofCrimsonDeath wrote:
Noseferatu....Inside of you

Guess band someone?

And soon i'm going to listen trough blood red thrones new to.

Repugnant Very Happy I love that band.
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:36 am

Deicide underrated? Sorry... I can't see how one of the most popular death metal bands of all time can be classed as 'underrated' scratch

Vital Remains are underrated! That's kind of their own fault for wanting to stay so fucking underground though haha
Back to top Go down
Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:02 am

I think people here are confusing the term overlooked with underrated. None of the bands mentioned so far could be considered underrated however many are overlooked (especially Vader).

Now if we want to talk underrated let's start with bands like Insanity, Merciless, The Chasm, Yogth Sothoth, Cenotaph, Thanatos and the almighty Master. Now these bands definitely have fan bases and none of them are unheard of but all of them should be adorning metal mags and headlining metal fests worldwide but most lurk in relative obscurity (as oppossed to a band like Deicide or Hate Eternal).
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Couldn't agree more on Master. Horribly underrated band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Death Metal Chat
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Metal Sub Genres :: Death Metal-
Jump to: