Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    optisailor2002

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-10-28

Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen Empty
    PostSubject: Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen   Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:07 am

Anthelion - 沐血再臨 (Bloodshed Rebefallen)

Genre: Melodic/Symphonic Black Metal
    Year: 2007
    Label: Ultimate Music Taiwan
    Producer: Fredrik Nordström

It is not often that you hear about a metal band from Taiwan, let alone a band playing extreme metal, in this case, symphonic black metal. Anthelion was formed in 2001 and has released one EP in 2004. 沐血再臨, or Bloodshed Rebefallen, is Anthelion's first full length release. One thing to note is that this album was produced by renowned Swedish producer (Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames) and Dream Evil guitarist Fredrik Nordström.

While on first listen, Anthelion might seem like any other symphonic/melodic black metal bands out there. But after a few listens, one might slowly realise that there is a twist in the music that is played. The lyrics are actually mostly written in Chinese, therefore perhaps giving Anthelion it's special sound in a way.

The strong influences from other symphonic black metal bands such as Dimmu Borgir and Emperor, especially the vocals, and also from ChthoniC, which isn't surprising considering that ChthoniC is one of the more popular melodic black metal bands from Taiwan.

The music style is similar to most other symphonic black metal bands, fusing a lot of melody with fast but thin sounding guitar lines to create a symphonic atmosphere while maintaining it's sound as a black metal band.

Two of the more stand out tracks are the 2nd and 3rd track, 零 and 無懼。再臨, which are slow instrumental tracks played by the keyboards only. These 2 tracks emphasises the mood of the album, bringing out the emotions of the listener, hence enhancing the whole Anthelion experience. Another notable track is track 8, 破魂錄, with a chorus that really moves the listener with its depressive mood and lyrics.

All in all, a good album for fans of bands such as Dimmu Borgir, (early) Cradle of Filth, Emperor and ChthoniC.

Taken from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Back to top Go down

Anthelion - Bloodshed Rebefallen
    Page 1 of 1