Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Opium Warlords

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scato

scato

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Opium Warlords Empty
PostSubject: Opium Warlords   Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:56 am

SLOWER THAN SHANGHAI LILY! HEAVIER THAN URANIAN WILLY!

Taken from official MySpace:

Opium Warlords is a vessel of sonic occultism, a process of musical therapy and an apparatus of a long distance communication with people and other species.

Its embryonic existence started around 2004, when the name of the band was found in the autobiography of Dee Dee Ramone. There were some plans to start something. It never came to be.

The next level was reached in 2006, and this time the musical elements were meant to be "oriental". This phase never got beyond being a mere idea, either.

Practically, Opium Warlords were born on the 18th of March, 2009, the 33rd birthday (remember the mystic from Nazareth and his ill fate) of its founder s:A:h, when the studio sessions for their first album started.

This was done in secrecy, so that had everything failed in some horrible way, an escape route would have been close at hand. Money had been put aside for a one-way flight ticket to Indonesia.

The sessions were long and hard, but very successful and inspired. All the material was composed and arranged very strictly before entering the studio, but still many improvisations out of the blue took place.

Originally, "lead guitars" in the ordinary sense were neither planned nor wanted, but from some horrible AOR depths they entered the picture. And there they are now, among all the doomy and monotone riffs and tender soft rock moments. Of course mind fucking leads are essential for soft rock, if you want to go there...

New sessions should take place during the winter/spring 2010. Epic Heavy Doom Metal with plenty of keyboards??? Casio-driven ambient Black Metal??? Stoner Rock with lots of balls??? Downer Drone from the depths of Hell??? Who will be about to tell?

The project will go on in the hermetic atmosphere of Agartha 8 shrine of the third watchtower in the sleepy suburbia of Voudinpuisto, where only birds and insects witness the musical evolution.

What was, somewhere deep in the chambers of a sick mind, meant to be a testament, a final cry for the surrounding world, a suicidal note even, now seems to be only the first step towards enlightenment.

The new studio project by Sami Albert Hynninen of Reverend Bizarre fame. Only one release so far, "Live at Colonia Dignidad", which really took me by surprise. Reading on the Hellride-forums I've come to the conclusion that s:A:h is really into minimalist music, and it shows on this release. Excellent, simple, melodies combined with a depressive atmosphere works for me like a charm. Not easy stuff to chew at first, but once you get the first bits down, you'll thank me for getting lost in this Smile

Official MySpace with a few sample tracks

A bunch of reviews of Live at Colognia Dignidad:

Back to top Go down
http://cremation-ghat.blogspot.com
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Opium Warlords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opium Warlords   Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 am

Cool, I will check em out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Opium Warlords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opium Warlords   Opium Warlords I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Sounds cool, gonna check em out! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opium Warlords Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opium Warlords   Opium Warlords I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opium Warlords
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Metal Sub Genres :: Doom Metal-
Jump to: