Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

External Hardrive Problem!!

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

External Hardrive Problem!! Empty
    PostSubject: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 am

OK for all you technological giants I am having a problem the last week or so and it has kept me from posting on the blog.

I have a 1Terra external that currently has about 300GB of music on it. I should have nearly 700GB of free space left.

Each time I try and unzip OR zip an album I keep getting an error message stating "Not enough disk space left"

I've tried rebooting both my pc and external several times. No good. I also tried deleting several albums I don't listen to to see if that would help. No good.

Anyone have any suggestions? External Hardrive Problem!! 551846 ?

External Hardrive Problem!! 911255 ?

Stoner ?

Crush PC ?
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath
    Admin
    Admin
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
    Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 am

Hm that weird. The only thing i can think of is that you have to many maps or files on one window. I'm not sure whats the limit but there is one. I think its something from Windows. Try to replace your music in sub categories or something thats what i did..
    Back to top Go down
    cikbuds10

cikbuds10

Number of posts : 250
    Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 am

I know this is sounds common but have you try to scan or defragmenter or disk clean up on your hard disk?
    Back to top Go down
    http://cikbuds10.buzznet.com/user/
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

PostSubject: Re: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:16 am

I have defragged it several times recently. Myabe I'll try what you said Thorny.
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:50 am

It's two things I can think of and one of them is if your hard drive is split up in two or more partitions. Let's say that you got a 300GB and a 700GB partition. You will get a "Not enough disk space left" when you reach 270GB on the 300GB partition. The simple solution is to choose the other partition to save the file in. The partitions will appear as separate disks (example "Removable disk (E:)", "Removable Disk (F:)" and so forth.

The other thing I can think of it's temp/deleted files taking up space. I use a app called Ccleaner that works perfectly to find and delete those files. I assume that you empty your recycle bin every time you are deleting files. The "deleted" files isn't removed from the disk before you empties your recycle bin.

There's a third one as well...your hard drive is damaged and about to seriously crash....
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 pm

ThornsofCrimsonDeath wrote:
    Hm that weird. The only thing i can think of is that you have to many maps or files on one window. I'm not sure whats the limit but there is one. I think its something from Windows. Try to replace your music in sub categories or something thats what i did..

Not very likely, unless Heat's hard drive is run on Windows 95 or some other old Microsoft format using FAT32 file system structure. Still you can cram in more than 65000 files and folders in one folder...
    On the new NTFS file system structure you can have up to 4,294,967,295 files (and folders) per folder...

Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

PostSubject: Re: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Voggis wrote:
    It's two things I can think of and one of them is if your hard drive is split up in two or more partitions. Let's say that you got a 300GB and a 700GB partition. You will get a "Not enough disk space left" when you reach 270GB on the 300GB partition. The simple solution is to choose the other partition to save the file in. The partitions will appear as separate disks (example "Removable disk (E:)", "Removable Disk (F:)" and so forth.

The other thing I can think of it's temp/deleted files taking up space. I use a app called Ccleaner that works perfectly to find and delete those files. I assume that you empty your recycle bin every time you are deleting files. The "deleted" files isn't removed from the disk before you empties your recycle bin.

There's a third one as well...your hard drive is damaged and about to seriously crash....

Noooooooooooo!!
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

PostSubject: Re: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:35 pm

And Vogg, I checked the partition thing and that's not it. It's weird, if I unzip the file to my c drive and then cut and pate itinto a folder on my external (I Drive) it works. If I try and unzip it directly to I or try and zip a file in I it doesn't work.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: External Hardrive Problem!!   External Hardrive Problem!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

External Hardrive Problem!!
    Page 1 of 1