Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

In Flames

Go down 
    +6
    Podgie
    Opethian
    Set Abominae
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath
    Mash
    Heat
    10 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    AuthorMessage

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:21 pm

It happens. Metallica is an extreme example, even Slayer moulded their sound God Hates Us All to have a nu-metal edge to it, but they grew out of that quickly, thank goodness.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:34 pm

I'm sure In Flames are not going to go back to their roots. I'm sure they're happy with the sound they have today. I doubt that they're gonna change their sound for a few bitchy whiny fans who want them to go back to that. It ain't gonna happen.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:37 pm

That's the last thing I would want them to do and I bet you they wouldn't be able to remember how to write a decent Melo Death song ever again anyway, and as I said, even though they have broken up Callenish Circle blow them out of the water.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:15 am

In my area, In Flames was a big band. They were one of the underground bands that everyone in my area enjoyed. I don't know why they were popular in my area. Out of all places, Rockland County, NY metalheads love(d) In Flames. They were a band that you had to like in my area. I didn't like 'em though.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:55 am

I don't find them very good, even though some of my friends enjoy it.
    I first thing I'd heard/saw was the My Sweet Shadow video..meh.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:50 pm

You need to check out the older stuff.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:42 am

CHECK OUT THE OLDER STUFF PEOPLE...

yes the new stuff has gone downhill agreed, but their older stuff is still worth listening to
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Up to Whoracle anyway.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:02 am

yeah exactly...
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Yeah, new in flames is totally commerce, old in flames the best.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Its funny I have meet people who have didn't know that In Flames had albums before Soundtrack to Your Escape.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:08 pm

I shall call them 'People Of Shame'
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:10 pm

saulenskas wrote:
    I shall call them 'People Of Shame'

Hahahahaha they need to be paraded through the main street of town and have rotten vegetables thrown at them.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:46 am

KILL EM ALL!!!!!!!!!
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:49 am

Cheese wrote:
    KILL EM ALL!!!!!!!!!

In Flames - Page 2 546327 In Flames - Page 2 546327
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:13 am

The best band in the world! In Flames
    from Lunar Strain to A Sense of purpose, every song is the best of all
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am

The old stuff of IF I really like. Whoracle and Clayman are great albums. Come clarity was also ok, on that album were some good songs. But the new one it's just boring. I don't like one song on this album.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Yeah as someone else said before me, the only first four albums are worth mentioning. The newer stuff is just MEH!
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:12 pm

I'm a big In Flames fan and i like the new stuff too. It's just different but it's still sounds "good" to me.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Jester Race is the best thing they have ever done.

Anything after Whoracle is mediocre to me, in terms of melodeath I have always preffered At the Gates in anycase.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 pm

One of my first heavier bands, but I don't like them that much nowadays. My favourites are Jester Race and Whoracle, with some songs from Colony. I prefer At the Gates and Dark Tranquillity for Melodeath, though.

What I really find amusing with In Flames is that even when they were at their best, they went on a downward spiral from day one. Whoracle not as good as Jester Race, Colony not as good as Whoracle, Clayman not as good as Colony. They were, up to that point, still creating decent albums, but none of them could beat the ones they did previously. The only album that managed to do that was their first real album.
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Another band that really disappoints me. Their EP's Subterranean and Black Ash Inheritance are fantastic as is The Jester Race, Whoracle and Colony. After that they completely plummeted into a fucking horrific nightmare crash that ends with their most recent release A Sense Of Purpose.
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Trial_And_Error wrote:
    One of my first heavier bands, but I don't like them that much nowadays. My favourites are Jester Race and Whoracle, with some songs from Colony. I prefer At the Gates and Dark Tranquillity for Melodeath, though.

What I really find amusing with In Flames is that even when they were at their best, they went on a downward spiral from day one. Whoracle not as good as Jester Race, Colony not as good as Whoracle, Clayman not as good as Colony. They were, up to that point, still creating decent albums, but none of them could beat the ones they did previously. The only album that managed to do that was their first real album.

You got to wonder what the fuck was going on really.
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:49 pm

best band ever the new in flames is as good as the old in flames!! Twisted Evil
    Back to top Go down

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:55 am

Only really enjoyed Colony, everything else seemed to have only a few killer and mostly filler. Although I can see why people like them, it's catchy stuff. Even the early albums.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

In Flames - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: In Flames   In Flames - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Flames
    Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next