Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

gothic metal section

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gast

gothic metal section Empty
PostSubject: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am

It would be nice to see a gothic metal section on this forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:48 am

Sure...I'll take care of it in a little bit.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:18 pm

I wouldnt use a gothic section much...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:41 pm

Same here..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Why?
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Mess wrote:
Why?

Because I dont listen to much gothic music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Mash wrote:
Mess wrote:
Why?

no, I meant "why" to having a gothic section.
It would be pointless, all the bands could just go in the other/ normal forum(s).
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:57 am

I kind of agree. The Theatre Of Tragedy tread for example could easily have been in the doom section. What do you think Heat? We already have a Heavy Metal section where people can post about bands that doesn't fit in elsewhere...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Gast

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:01 am

Mess wrote:
Mash wrote:
Mess wrote:
Why?

no, I meant "why" to having a gothic section.
It would be pointless, all the bands could just go in the other/ normal forum(s).

That's the most stupid argument I ever read. Gothic metal is just as much a genre as death metal or black metal. Only "problem" is that within this genre so many bands experiment with other genres, that you can list a lot of bands as gothic metal, but also doom metal, symphonic metal, etc. Besides if you look at a genre as death metal, bands like Morbid Angel, Hypocrisy and Arch Enemy are all generally considered death metal, but they don't sound the same at all. Arch Enemy for example has more similarities with thrash metal. And grindcore is also mentioned here as a metal genre, but most die hard grindcore listeners don't categorize this genre as a part of metal music.

Last edited by Die Happy on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:03 am

Voggis wrote:
I kind of agree. The Theatre Of Tragedy tread for example could easily have been in the doom section. What do you think Heat? We already have a Heavy Metal section where people can post about bands that doesn't fit in elsewhere...

Personally I think heavy metal is a genre by itself and metal is the general name for all kinds of metal music.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:07 am

We are going to give the Gothic Metal section until the weekend...if it doesn't begin to fill up by then we will be eliminating it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:10 am

Heat wrote:
We are going to give the Gothic Metal section until the weekend...if it doesn't begin to fill up by then we will be eliminating it. Twisted Evil

Well I think that this is a weird argument. It reminds me of radio channels that played metal, but stopped because not enough listeners listen to it. Since when does a metal genre needs to be popular to be paid attention to? Maybe I should stick with my other more tolerant metal forums. 😕
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:15 am

The point here is that you asked me for a Gothic Metal forum. I happily added it.

It makes no difference to me what the other members think about the section.

If the section gets attention and gets new bands and posts added to it on a regular basis I will keep it.

If it doesn't there would be no point in keeping it. Start adding some new bands to it.

As far as tolerance...This is the most tolerant site you will find...

Heat
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:27 am

Heat wrote:
The point here is that you asked me for a Gothic Metal forum. I happily added it.

It makes no difference to me what the other members think about the section.

If the section gets attention and gets new bands and posts added to it on a regular basis I will keep it.

If it doesn't there would be no point in keeping it. Start adding some new bands to it.

As far as tolerance...This is the most tolerant site you will find...

Heat

So you are saying a gothic metal topic is ok, but at the same time you are putting a gun against it's "head". Why delete it at all? If new people come here, there is a big chance they want to post here. And without the gothic metal section, the metal subgenre list wouldn't be complete. Besides in Europe gothic metal is one of the biggest metal genres.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:50 am

Me and Heat have decided to look at it during the coming weekend, and see if the activity in the Gothic Metal section increases the next few days.

We'll take the different opinions to consideration and make a decision during the weekend.
Probably will not everybody be happy, but in the end it's our call.

I close this tread as I hope people is more interested in discussing the bands music and not what genre or sub-genre they may or may not belongs to.

If someone's have any further questions or opinions on this matter, please send me or Heat a PM.
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gothic metal section   gothic metal section I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gothic metal section
Page 1 of 1