Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Movie Reviews

Go down 
+6
mockthefuckingcross
NitrousBlond
Mash
Nefarious_Priest
BravoYankeeEcho
Heat
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:17 am

In this topic let's hear some reviews on movies you recently saw.

I just watched Twilight last night and it was a ver good movie. Not the usual Vampire movie. More like a love story but it was cool.

I recommend it.

3.5/5 stars.

Based on Stephenie Meyer's best-selling novel, Twilight follows the saga of Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), who moves to a small town to live with her father. At school, she meets Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), a mysterious classmate who reveals himself to be a 108-year-old vampire. Despite his cautions, Bella falls in love with Edward, which endangers her life when a coven of bloodsuckers arrives to challenge Edward and his family.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Just finished watching Death Race. Excellent movie. Lots of action.

Jason Statham stars in this futuristic thriller as Jensen Ames, an ex-con turned speedway champion who's framed for a grisly murder and forced to compete in a grueling three-day televised car race against his fellow inmates. Sitting behind the wheel of a monster car outfitted with machine guns, flamethrowers and grenade launchers, Ames is in the race of his life -- and the whole world is watching.

4/5 Stars
Back to top Go down

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:42 pm

I wonder why didn't anyone post in this thread..

I watched The Machinist yesterday. Starring Christian Bale as the main character who, in the movie, works as a lathe-operator. He hasn't slept for a year and hence the paranoia. After a chain of events, he begins doubting his own state of mind and uncovers something that had itself in his own sub-conscious mind.

I enjoyed the movie, it was pretty good.
The whole movie is shot in Barcelona, Spain. Christian Bale lost 60 pounds prior to the shooting.
The movie has a bit of nudity in it (for those interested)

Rating: 7/10
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:12 pm

The Uninvited was a pretty good Horror/Suspense movie

Anna, a beautiful teen girl (Emily Browning) is being released from a mental hospital. A therapist advises Anna to 'finish things that she has started', implying be productive and positive going forward. We learn Anna recently has lost her invalid mother in a fire, causing her breakdown.

She returns to her New England mansion along the shoreline. Her father (David Straitharn) introduces his new girlfriend To Anna's distress it is Rachel (Elizabeth Banks), the former at-home-nurse for her sick mother. Her mother had been housed in the family boathouse, and died when it burned down. It has now been restored, distressing Anna. We meet Anna's older sister Alex, and Matt, who makes out with Anna that night. He has something to tell Anna about the fire, but is stopped by Rachel's arrival. Meanwhile Rachel continues to try to befriend the girls, as they all fake their smiles.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:05 pm

I watched Valkyrie last night. It was a pretty good movie overall. I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan but the movie held my interest.
Back to top Go down

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Just watched a classic Umberto Lenzi-giallo Seven Blood-stained Orchids. It wasn't as epic as I had thought beforehand but a decent giallo anyway. Riz Ortolanis's score is kinda typical and reminds me more of those basic 70's blaxploitation-funks than those golden giallo themes by Goblin, Fabio Frizzi, De Angelis brothers and so on.

The plot is pretty basic with the leather-gloved killer with a whacky motive just slashing beautiful dames. I'd wanted Edgive Fenech so much to be in this but I guess you can't have everything. The violence is pretty tame and the story is quite complicated as usual.
Good giallo but nothing special.
Back to top Go down

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Twilight was awful, never again will I listen to my girlfriends friends about movies : P (Also, anyone hear about the guy from Twilight playing Varg Vikernes in the Lords Of Chaos movie? Pretty weird)

One movie I would reccommend to anyone that hasn't seen it is Severence. It's about a bunch of workers going on team building exercises in Estonia (I think) but they end up staying in woods that are patrolled by a bunch of soldiers who never knew anything else but killing. It mixes it up quite well, there's a lot of dark comedy and even some parts that are just plain funny.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Yeah, I saw Severance . It was pretty good.

Twilight wasn't awful. It was a pretty good movie.
Back to top Go down
BravoYankeeEcho

BravoYankeeEcho

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:56 am

I saw drag me to hell. It's a good shocker. Though some scenes are kinda corny horror, but their good for laughing. I'll give it a 3.5/5.

-1 for kinda silly horror scenes.
-0.5 for predictable ending.
Back to top Go down

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:29 am

BravoYankeeEcho wrote:
I saw drag me to hell. It's a good shocker. Though some scenes are kinda corny horror, but their good for laughing. I'll give it a 3.5/5.

-1 for kinda silly horror scenes.
-0.5 for predictable ending.

I haven't yet seen this movie but I guess it's kinda natural for Raimi to make his horror-scenes kind of silly and to go over the fence, and in the good ole' days, make you laugh your ass off.
Still it's good to see that he's making horror again. Those Spider-man throw-ups were fucking horrible.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Punisher: War Zone Not too good at all. 2/5 stars

Big Stan with Rob Schneider was pretty funny, i was actually quite shocked. 3/5 stars

Way Of War with Cuba Gooding Jr. SUCKED incredibly bad.
Back to top Go down
Nefarious_Priest

Nefarious_Priest

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Anyone seen Transformers 2, if not I'll be catching it on Tuesday I think so I will do a write up.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 am

I watched Transformers II a couple of nights ago. Amazing is all I can say. If it's even possible it was better than the first. The effects are incredible...

Watched the digitally remastered Night Of The Living Dead last night 2x....By far one of the greatest horror movies of all time....
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:46 pm

I saw Observe and Report the other night. I wouldnt wipe my ass with that movie. Holy shit it sucks....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
NitrousBlond

NitrousBlond

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:34 pm

I watched Observe and Report in a theatre. I liked it. I wasn't the best movie I watched, but it was all right.
Back to top Go down
mockthefuckingcross

mockthefuckingcross

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:00 pm

NitrousBlond wrote:
I watched Observe and Report in a theatre. I liked it. I wasn't the best movie I watched, but it was all right.

I didn't really like it. It was meh.
Back to top Go down
philisthebest

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:37 pm

damn, i wish i knew about this thread back when i worked at the theatre, i coulda gave all you fools the 411.

DO NOT SEE WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE! i snuck in and still felt ripped off
Back to top Go down
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:41 pm

philisthebest wrote:
damn, i wish i knew about this thread back when i worked at the theatre, i coulda gave all you fools the 411.

DO NOT SEE WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE! i snuck in and still felt ripped off

it was a horrible childrens book and its gonna be a horrible movie... i would recommend not seeing even tho ive never seen it
Back to top Go down
philisthebest

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:12 pm

i liked the book when i was little, but i liked anything with monsters. the movie was horrible, i went with a bunch of hipsters and they ate it up. i was just sittin there confused, like "what the hell am i seeing rite now?"
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 am

Watched The Hurt Locker last night...Pretty good movie...Won the Oscar for best picture this year...I don't know if it was that good but it is def. worth watching...
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:33 am

yeah the Hurt Locker was pretty good.. I think Avatar was a lot better though.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:33 am

I have to see Avatar...
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Alice in Wonderland was actually really good.
Back to top Go down

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 pm

saving private ryan \m/
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:22 pm

I watched Armored last night...Not too good...It get's 2 out of 5 Bongs on the richter scale...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Reviews   Movie Reviews I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie Reviews
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next