Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Metallica

Go down 
+13
ostler
TheAdversary
Nefarious_Priest
Stazanashi
HUHHII
Decay02
dr.nutslap
Nisstyre 56
Voggis
mygga_med_stil
Mash
GodlessEndeavor
Heat
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nisstyre 56

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:14 am

Their first album is pretty good

The next couple don't completely suck....

I'm still not going to waste my time ever listening to them again when there are so many undiscovered thrash metal bands from the 80s I haven't listened to yet.

I would enjoy seeing Metallica get schooled by Kreator though.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:18 am

Who doesn't like Metallica? Metallica properly introduced me to metal and now I'm forever a metalhead thanx to 'em. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 am

Man I seriously hope 'Tallica make it to NZ on this tour. Even my wife wants to go.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:08 pm

what does everyone think of Jason being back playing the Induction show?
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Big meh from me. They haven't released anything decent since And Justice For All. They're also incredibly sloppy live, particularly Lars Ulrich. I find it pretty hard to play that shit sloppy when you tour as much as Metallica does and play such boring, easy, shitty and uninspired music.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Lars' drumming has gone downhill hasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
Man I seriously hope 'Tallica make it to NZ on this tour. Even my wife wants to go.

i'm going to see them in October Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Mash wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:

i'm going to see them in October Very Happy

Well I hope I get the opportunity, I just emailed the Metallica site hoping for tour details.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:33 am

I never really liked Metallica, they are great to listen when you don't know more than some other 5 metal bands, so you can't compare them to other artists. The rest is sentiment.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:53 am

Slaytanic wrote:

Definitely. Probably has something to do with him following bands like the Foo FIghters and Nickelback instead of actual thrash bands.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:55 am

Sephiroth wrote:
I never really liked Metallica, they are great to listen when you don't know more than some other 5 metal bands, so you can't compare them to other artists. The rest is sentiment.

True.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:04 am

Sephiroth wrote:

This is so fucking true. It annoys me that there are so many other bands out there that are miles better than Metallica but don't get any recognition at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:07 am

Lars is one of the biggest dicks in the industry.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Metallica - Page 2 Metall10

Metallica - Page 2 193966
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:57 am

Voggis wrote:
Metallica - Page 2 Metall10

Metallica - Page 2 193966

That would have been a great show.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:57 am

Ripzz wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:

Definitely. Probably has something to do with him following bands like the Foo FIghters and Nickelback instead of actual thrash bands.

LOL I cant stand either of those "bands".
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:30 am

Hmm... Robert Trujillo and Jason Newstead in the same photo? What two bassists playing live? scratch
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:31 am

I doubt it was at the same time Smile
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:35 am

What a great photoshop then.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:38 am

No I dont think that Rob and Jason were playing bass on stage at the same time Smile Sure they were both there but I dont think they were for example strumming away together on say For Whom The Bell Tolls.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:56 am

Yeah. Two basses live would be sweet though. Bass rocks! Now too bad Cliff Burton (R.I.P.) wasn't there on stage with those two.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:00 am

Cliff was a god. R.I.P.

lol I got married on the anniversary of Cliffs death (it wasn't planned that way) but I joke with my wife that it is the only way I remember our anniversary.
Back to top Go down

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 am

Cliff and Mustaine were the only thing thrash about Metallica, once Mustaine was kicked and Cliff died - that band went downhill very fast.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Ripzz wrote:
Cliff and Mustaine were the only thing thrash about Metallica...
It's funny that people believe that Metallica trash style "died" with Cliff Burton.
It was Cliff that wrote most of the mellow parts on RTL and MOP. Like the intro to both Fight Fire and Battery. The melodic part of Master Of Puppets, Orion and so forth. Most of those while he was playing around with his piano.
He said in a interview in Kerrang! a few month prior to his death, that he actually hoped that his songwriting would take Metallica in a more melodic direction. As he said...it would be cool when he got old to walk in a park and hear someone playing some of his songs on a acoustic guitar to their lover or friends. Just like they did with Beatles And Bob Dylan songs for example.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:04 pm

DeathMetalGod wrote:
Hmm... Robert Trujillo and Jason Newstead in the same photo? What two bassists playing live? scratch

They did, two days ago when Metallica was inducted to the Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame. They played a medley of Metallica songs (what else?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metallica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica   Metallica - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next