Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Ayreon - The Human Equation

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage

Ayreon - The Human Equation Empty
    PostSubject: Ayreon - The Human Equation   Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I first thought that Ayreon would be just something high-pitched and melodic power jingle, I still thought give it a try and the Human Equation sounded the most interesting one, and the most progressive too. The vocal work is mostly magnificent and the album has so many layers in it. Many aspects of it also strongly remind me of The Who's rock opera Tommy. Also the story is kinda similar, from a perspective of a person, who is totally unaware of his surroundings.
    The flute parts also remind me about Jethro Tull. The record begins with Virgil, a short and soft intro, nice, but not anything particulary special. Then we hear the car crash and the story begins. Isolation works as an introduction for most of the vocalists, pretty good and one part is clearly from Dark Side Of The Moon. Multi-layered and will give a positive image still at this point. Magnificent solo by Arjen, also reminds me of DSOTM. Pain, has a gloomy and cool intro with nice vocals from Graves and Devin's screams are just pure perfection. Also Finlay's short bit as love works pretty well. The orchestral-interlude that comes out of nowhere after the second chorus is just orgasmic. Overall a great piece of music .
    Mystery begins with acoustic guitar and kinda clever verses. It is also one of the stongest 'Tommy' songs on the album. Voices, another one with the ole' acoustic. The beginning is a bit cheerfull with violin, flute and stuff. Truly a Jethro. Pride's vocal lines are quite basic but Reason and Åkerfelt's Fear have some ballbreaking lines. Short, simple and melodic guitar solo stands up properly and overall this is again good stuff. Ends with Jethro.
    Childhood has a very proggy keyboard opening, and the song is basically a simple ballad with violins and soft vocals. Hope is a short one, but it has a very cathy melody and the keyboards are pure classic. Lyrics are more brighter and..'hopeful'. Then we go to School, again the acoustic and soft voices, then goes Devin and shows his ultimate Rage, the man is simply a genious. The instrumental part is like from some epic viking stuff, Bathory etc, bit out of place but brings quite twisted athmosphere, which is just good.
    Passion and Reason show their lungs and we return to acoustic with Townshend's commandments. Short time in the Playground with children playing. This is the only instrumental song on the album, it has again some good violin. Memories it's not so memorable, it has the good basic stuff on vocals and epic guitarring but nevertheless, something is missing. The first part of the album ends with Love, which i didn't like so much at the beginning. Still it's kinda poppish and stuff but in some wicked way, I really love it. Great vocals from everyone, i expecially like Passion's and Agony's co-operation.
    The second part of the album begins with Trauma and Reason's preaching. Strong Passion stuff and excellent groans by Åkerfeldt. Sing, nice flute at start, the violin is a bit cheesy, but overall a nice ballad.

Pride, a bit heavier song, with LaBrie's vocals that are pure Dream Theater. The flute is like straight from the hands of Ian Anderson himself. Then we have Betrayal, with the nice opera by Reason and nice violins but not much else. But ah, then we have Loser, with the didgeridoo intro. I also just love all that celtic stuff. Vocals are good and this song has balls. This song has Mike Baker's (rip) only performance on this album as Father, he's just twisted and gold. Also Devin's screams at the end, pure excellency. The wicked keyboards are just prog. After the previous masterpiece, Accident is a bit boredom, nothing much to say about that, expect Oliver Wakeman's(Rick's son) brilliant keyboard solo-bit.
    Realization has nice organ and one of the best flutes on the album, pretty good one.
    Two more to go, Disclosure has a short bit of good keyboards but that's all. Then we have stillConfrontation, an epic closener for the album. The protagonist "wakes" from his coma and all the emotions just cause a huge wave of.. well emotions, ending with Åkerfeldt's giant roar.
    Very, very versatile album as a whole, it's a pretty genious work. The concept is just brilliant, as the musicianship and the whole storyline and the vocals natrally.

Sorry for the kinda moodflowish, text, It's pretty old one, when I heard this one for the first time and was quite emotional about it tongue
    Enough the shit, get this one.

James LaBrie - Me
    Mikael Åkerfeldt - Fear
    Eric Clayton - Reason
    Heather Findlay - Love
    Irene Jansen - Passion
    Magnus Ekwall - Pride
    Devon Graves - Agony
    Marcela Bovio - Wife
    Arjen Anthony Lucassen - Best Friend
    Mike Baker - Father
    Devin Townsend - Rage

Last edited by Cuoma on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon - The Human Equation   Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm

Awesome review Couma. Thank you...
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon - The Human Equation   Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Nice review!
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon - The Human Equation   Ayreon - The Human Equation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ayreon - The Human Equation
    Page 1 of 1