Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch Empty
    PostSubject: South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch   South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:55 pm

By Heejin Koo

April 4 (Bloomberg) -- South Korea’s government is holding emergency meetings as North Korea prepares to launch a rocket capable of reaching Alaska as early as today. President Lee Myung Bak plans to convene a meeting National Security Council immediately after any launch.

South Korea’s Foreign Ministry said in an e-mailed statement that it will hold a task-force meeting today at 8:30 a.m., presided by Wi Sung Lac, the nation’s chief negotiator at six-nation nuclear talks aimed at denuclearizing North Korea’s nuclear program.

Lee said yesterday in a group interview he’s “almost certain” North Korea will launch a rocket or a satellite as early as today. A launch wouldn’t be “in their benefit,” he said. U.S. President Barack Obama also urged North Korea yesterday to halt its “provocative” launch plans.

Its Unification Ministry, charged with dealing with inter- Korean matters, advised civic groups yesterday to refrain from visiting North Korea. The ministry organized a task force last week and will continually be briefed by intelligence officials throughout the day, said a ministry official who declined to be identified. The Defense Ministry began operating a 24-hour emergency shift yesterday ahead of the launch.

The South Korean government suspects that North Korea’s claims that it will launch a communications satellite between April 4 and 8 is a guise to test an inter-continental ballistic missile. The Kim Jong Il regime has vehemently denied South Korea’s suspicions.

Monitoring, Progress

Tensions between North Korea and South Korea, technically still at war since their 1950-53 conflict ended without a peace agreement, have increased since Lee took office in February last year, promising “stricter” monitoring of inter-Korean economic ventures and demanding progress on its nuclear disarmament.

North Korea, which tested a nuclear weapon in 2006, has scrapped military and political agreements with South Korea and threatened “strong military steps” against what it deems as South Korea’s confrontational policies. It also imposed border restrictions with South Korea.

Six-nation denuclearization efforts, also involving the U.S., China, Japan and Russia, have stalled since December after North Korea rejected international demands that inspectors be allowed to remove samples from its Yongbyon reactor, the source of the regime’s weapons-grade plutonium.

South Korea, the U.S., and Japan have said any launch of a rocket, whether it’s a missile or a satellite, would be subject to new sanctions by the United Nations Security Council.

North Korea test-fired a long-range Taepodong-2 missile in July 2006, three months before it tested a nuclear device, prompting Security Council sanctions.

Prevent Sales

Resolution 1718, adopted in October 2006 after North Korea’s nuclear test, asks governments to prevent the sales of arms and equipment for nuclear work, as well as luxury goods, to Kim’s regime.

North Korea’s military on April 2 vowed a “thunderbolt of revenge” if Japanese defense forces try to shoot down the rocket. North Korea will hit back against “any small move to shoot down our peaceful satellite launch,” the communist nation’s joint chiefs of staff said in a statement carried by the official Korea Central News Agency.

The warning came three days after North Korea vowed to wage war against Japan if it tried to intercept the missile. Japanese Defense Minister Yasukazu Hamada deployed guided-missile units around Tokyo on March 27 and ordered the interception of any North Korean object entering his country’s airspace.

This has been one of the bigger news stories here in the USA, this is a serious situation. A world war could be brewing.
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    Edible

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch   South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 pm

Heat wrote:

South Korea, the U.S., and Japan have said any launch of a rocket, whether it’s a missile or a satellite, would be subject to new sanctions by the United Nations Security Council.

Well they would wouldn't they, and since North Korea doesn't have an ally on the security council they don't have the same immunity to them most other countries have.

Kim would be a fool to drop all this, its his only real safeguard from being pounded into the dust considering the desperate situation he has got himself into.

If it is indeed a satellite, which would really be the wise move on Kim's behalf, then the other countries are gonna look pretty paranoid about the dangerous satellite launches and will create skepticism next time he wants to launch.

I have doubts that Kim would try and make a run for japan, while South Korea is where it is, and the US still has a pretty phenomenal amount of firepower lying unused, its most likely a bluff I would say.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch   South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:58 am

guh more shit.

I think if Korea goes ahead and launches the missile, it would be real stupid of them tbh. i mean they would just be endangering their own people, their own country. i dont think the US would keep anyone alive if that missile is launched. and Obama being on the throne aint helping. who knows? he might attack them first like what happened in afghanistan or something...and i wont be surprised if obama does that.

shit imagine if this happens (goddamn)...how many kids would be killed....uuuuuugh. this sucks.
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch   South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:31 am

@Edible, I hope it's a bluff

@Cheese, I think Japan is the one N. Korea should be worried more about than the USA.
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch   South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Korea on Alert for Possible North Korea Missile Launch
    Page 1 of 1