Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Arch Enemy

Go down 
+7
Don Bob
Pete_The_Ripper
GodlessEndeavor
blackearth
Acid_Bath_
Vagabond
Mash
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Angela Gossow...

This was the main band that got me into the genre...i think i know all of the songs of this band...

Anyway, Melodic Death Metal from Sweden, female fronted.

And as a side note, i love the guitarists too...both of them. Amotts' WOOOT

http://www.myspace.com/archenemy
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:48 pm

The Amotts kick some major ass and so does Daniel, Angela does also. But some of the songs are definitely not for her in my opinion. Sliverwing is one that I can not enjoy with her on vocals.
Back to top Go down
Gast

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:08 am

A good band, but I wish they would play some more lengthy songs or use some original musical schemes. I think Burning Bridges is by far their best album.
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:08 pm

I remember that I was in love with her, but unfortunately not in real lol
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Arch Enemy 723165
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:44 pm

BUMP for awesomeness
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:29 pm

I still can't believe Angela is a woman.^^
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:00 am

lol I DONT CARE SHE'S AWESOME...

AND THE AMOTTS KICK ASSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Nah, they're pretty decent IMO. The first albums were really good but then it's just have been a downward spiral.
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Anthems Of Rebellion is pretty damn good album but nothing since or before then has really interested me as much.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 pm

They are a good melo-death band. Their older stuff with the male singer is good as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:21 pm

damientheomen wrote:
Anthems Of Rebellion is pretty damn good album but nothing since or before then has really interested me as much.

This is pretty much my stance on them. Anthems is a great album, though.
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Nihil_ wrote:
Nah, they're pretty decent IMO. The first albums were really good but then it's just have been a downward spiral.

Trve!!

I think Burning Bridges is their finest.
The newer albums.. Arch Enemy 723165
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:21 am

you know...tbh, after "dead eyes see no future" i diddnt even bother checking out anything else. but Stigmata, burning angels, burning bridges and wages of sin are awesome imo.

dead eyes see no future...diddnt really like the album.

the rest of the albums...only a few tracks off em. so...bah

i still think the amotts are killer... XS
Back to top Go down
Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 pm

one of my least favorite melodic death metal bands. Arch Enemy 242357 not a big fan of melodic death in general much though...
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:12 am

bah each to their own i guess..
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:05 pm

yes the amotts kick arse:P
hmm yes sadly to each his own;)
I must say I probably prefer their old singer than angela in some ways.
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Acid_Bath_ wrote:
one of my least favorite melodic death metal bands. Arch Enemy 242357

same here. i could never really get into them..i also saw them live, but they didn't really impress me.
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:21 pm

I have to say, Angela Gossow is a pretty mediocre vocalist (no idea why she's so famous really) - and Johan Liiva was better. The material they wrote in the early days with Liiva was better too, new AE is pretty mehtastic.
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 am

Arch enemy without angela gossow = best band
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:29 am

I love this Band.

For me is Rise of the tyrant one of the best MeloDeath Album ever. Also brillian is Doomsday Machina.

On this two Albums so great songs. Nemesis, last enemy, blood on your hands, I will live again, my apocalypse, in this shallow grave, carry the cross, night falls fast.... etc. All songs on these 2 Albums so great.
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:57 am

^^^ I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arch Enemy 965191 i love all of those songs
Back to top Go down
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:44 am

Swedish/German extreme metallers ARCH ENEMY will release a new album, "The Root Of All Evil", on September 28 in Europe and October 6 in North America via Century Media Records. This special collection features re-recorded versions of songs from the band's first three LPs — "Black Earth" (1996), "Stigmata" (1998) and "Burning Bridges" (1999). Acclaimed British producer Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, TESTAMENT, EXODUS) mixed and mastered the CD, which was recorded at a few different locations in Sweden and produced by ARCH ENEMY with Daniel Erlandsson and Rickard Bengtsson handling the engineering.

Check out a trailer for the release below.

The details for the album's limited-edition CD were recently revealed: Apart from a very special "mediabook" packaging, it features three additional live bonus tracks, alternate artwork, an extended booklet and an exclusive patch as additional gimmick!

Here is the track listing for the limited-edition "mediabook" CD version:

01. The Root Of All Evil (intro)
02. Beast Of Man
03. The Immortal
04. Diva Satanica
05. Demonic Science
06. Bury Me An Angel
07. Dead Inside
08. Dark Insanity
09. Pilgrim
10. Demoniality (instrumental)
11. Transmigration Macabre
12. Silverwing
13. Bridge Of Destiny

Bonus tracks:

14. Bury Me An Angel (live)
15. The Immortal (live)
16. Bridge Of Destiny (live)

Arch Enemy Arch_l10

"The Root Of All Evil" will also be available as regular CD, digital download as well as in LP format (with the full album on CD as bonus).

The song "Beast Of Man" is available for streaming at this location.

Commented guitarist Michael Amott: "The song 'Beast Of Man' was originally written as a last-minute addition to the 'Stigmata' album back in 1998. Daniel (Erlandsson) had just returned to the ARCH ENEMY drum throne and I wrote this one and another song called 'Diva Satanica' in a day or two. Christopher (Amott) had the cool harmonized mid-section part and that was that, we went into the studio and rehearsed, recorded and mixed them in a marathon 24-hour session. It was OK at the time, but I always thought the songs deserved a little more love and attention.

"The 2009 version of this song is really heads and shoulders above the original, in my opinion. The song was always cool, but the production on the original was quite poor; more like a demo, really.

"I am very pleased that we did this 'The Root Of All Evil' project and that we can give these songs a 'new life.'"

Check out the cover artwork below (by Brazilian artist Gustavo Sazes).

Arch Enemy Archen10

ARCH ENEMY has confirmed a European headlining run with support from DESTRUCTION, ABIGAIL WILLIAMS and TRIOSPHERE. The trek will kick off in December.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

I think this is a bullshit cash grab. The old songs with Johan Liiva on vocals are killer, and Angela's crap vocals in his place are going to make these songs suck. Another FORMER favorite band of mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 am

Their 2001 album was pretty good, but really nothing special. To me, this band is mostly about the Ammotts
Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 pm

^^second that

amotts rule...their guitar work is awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next