Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Opeth

Go down 
    +12
    Set Abominae
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath
    Podgie
    jjbeerj
    Opethian
    Acid_Bath_
    Heat
    Vagabond
    schadenfroh
    Voggis
    GodlessEndeavor
    Mash
    16 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    AuthorMessage

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Still need to spend some more time on them, it usually takes me quite a while to get into some bands, but I know I'll really come to like them sooner or later Smile
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:12 pm

You know what?? I used to be a huge Opeth fan, they could do no wrong, ever. But the last 3 albums have bored me almost to death, I think Opeth need to try and think of some new ideas.
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm

My favourite album would be Morningrise, though Black Rose Immortal went over their abilities. The rest are great though.
    The albums after Blackwater Park bore me, mostly, though Ghost Reveries was okay. Still, I'm not holding my breath for any album getting as good as Still Life again.
    Slaytanic wrote:
    You know what?? I used to be a huge Opeth fan, they could do no wrong, ever. But the last 3 albums have bored me almost to death, I think Opeth need to try and think of some new ideas.
    They are, and that is the problem.
    They tried a tech death metal album with Deliverance, and failed. They tried a really soft accompanying album with Damnation, and failed. They tried a 70's prog album with some typical Opeth songs because they knew that their fans would want them (so at least they realised they'd need to do that instead of Deliverance-Damnation) and failed. Or at least that's how it seems to me. The songs that stayed with their formula, mixing complex but rather melodic Death Metal and Progressive Rock with accoustic passages in one song worked. Songs that weren't produced after this formula seem lacking, at least to me, since they lack the reasons to listen to Opeth in the first place.
    Back to top Go down
    Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2009-04-12

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 pm

I HATE THEM. Opeth - Page 2 242357
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:00 pm

Opeth is the Shit!!!! Good for sex!
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Trial_And_Error wrote:
    My favourite album would be Morningrise, though Black Rose Immortal went over their abilities. The rest are great though.
    The albums after Blackwater Park bore me, mostly, though Ghost Reveries was okay. Still, I'm not holding my breath for any album getting as good as Still Life again.
    Slaytanic wrote:
    They are, and that is the problem.
    They tried a tech death metal album with Deliverance, and failed. They tried a really soft accompanying album with Damnation, and failed. They tried a 70's prog album with some typical Opeth songs because they knew that their fans would want them (so at least they realised they'd need to do that instead of Deliverance-Damnation) and failed. Or at least that's how it seems to me. The songs that stayed with their formula, mixing complex but rather melodic Death Metal and Progressive Rock with accoustic passages in one song worked. Songs that weren't produced after this formula seem lacking, at least to me, since they lack the reasons to listen to Opeth in the first place.

I don't think Opeth failed completely, what they failed at was to write a quality album, which is what they are known for. I hope they sort themselves out for the next one.
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:54 am

I can say that OPETH is my favorite ever band ! I sleep,awake every day and night with listening to their songs... mm I adore every single album of them..but my favorite albums are.. "My arms you hearse" "Orchid" "Morningrise" ..and "Deliverance"..
    I was going to see them in Turkey last month .. butttt those damn exams.. they always somehow chain me :( .. I hope they play somewhere in Balcan or wherever its closer to Macedonia :s
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Just recently started to the first few albums again for the first time in a long time and I forgot how good 'Orchid' is. Just a stunning album.
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Still life is their master piece!!!!!!! every song in this album is more than perfect, i love it
    Back to top Go down
    GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm hoping their next album sounds like "MAYH", "Blackwater Park", and various bits of "Deliverance"
    Back to top Go down
    Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:20 pm

ProgMetalManiac wrote:
    Still life is their master piece!!!!!!! every song in this album is more than perfect, i love it

This is very true imo
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Mash wrote:
    ProgMetalManiac wrote:

This is very true imo

What he said ^^
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    Opethian

Opethian

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2009-07-15

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 am

Opeth Owns Smile Can't label any Opeth album as my 'most favorite'. Maybe Deliverance, Maybe My Arms Your Hearse, Maybe Orchid. Cant choose. But definitely not Watershed. This album doesn't have a killer track. It isn't really possible to produce a great album with two new musicians in your band. Lingdren left, Akesson came in. And , ofcourse, Lopez's greatly missed.
    Per Wiberg is doing a great job, in my opinion. I hope the next album will be more like ghost reveries. We can't possibly get another super heavy album like Deliverance or My Arms , Your Hearse. But Opeth should stop experimenting really. They already have a trade-mark sound. Sighs.

Imo, Opeth = Akerfeldt.

Last edited by Opethian on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    jjbeerj

jjbeerj

Number of posts : 266
    Registration date : 2009-06-18

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Went to Milwaukee last year and had a choice to see Opeth or Buckethead (same venue, same night!?) Chose Opeth, and I'm glad I did. It helped that High On Fire was the opener, though. Favorite albums are:
    3) Still Life
    2) Blackwater Park
    1) Ghost Reveries
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:05 am

jjbeerj wrote:
    Went to Milwaukee last year and had a choice to see Opeth or Buckethead (same venue, same night!?) Chose Opeth, and I'm glad I did. It helped that High On Fire was the opener, though. Favorite albums are:
    3) Still Life
    2) Blackwater Park
    1) Ghost Reveries

Shit, tough choice there man but I understand why you choosed Opeth and High on Fire Smile On my favourite album with Opeth I would probably say Still Life and Blackwater Park. IMO Watershed is a really good album but it's just that all the other Opeth albums are better Wink
    Back to top Go down
    Podgie

Podgie

Number of posts : 320
    Registration date : 2009-07-03

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:07 am

Aye, I think my favourites would have to be Blackwater Park and Still Life too.
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:55 am

Opethian wrote:
    Opeth Owns Smile Can't label any Opeth album as my 'most favorite'. Maybe Deliverance, Maybe My Arms Your Hearse, Maybe Orchid. Cant choose. But definitely not Watershed. This album doesn't have a killer track. It isn't really possible to produce a great album with two new musicians in your band. Lingdren left, Akesson came in. And , ofcourse, Lopez's greatly missed.
    Per Wiberg is doing a great job, in my opinion. I hope the next album will be more like ghost reveries. We can't possibly get another super heavy album like Deliverance or My Arms , Your Hearse. But Opeth should stop experimenting really. They already have a trade-mark sound. Sighs.

Imo, Opeth = Akerfeldt.

hmm, I suppose I can see where you are coming from; especially as far as drumming is concerned. Lopez perhaps wasn't as technical in his playing, but it had a natural, expressive feel about it. However I can't agree with the other points; a band such as Opeth should keep searching, otherwise people are just going to brush them off as "just another Opeth album". Ghost Reveries to me was stale and felt like left-over ideas from Deliverance and Damnation sessions, with poorly integrated keyboard. Even though there were parts of Watershed that in my opinion were clumsy, it was an exciting record, because it opened a new dimension in the already complex palette. And as for "established sound", you may remember that when they released MAYH, there was a great backlash from fans who wanted them to keep the older sound of Orchid and Morningrise.
    Back to top Go down
    GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:35 pm

I've had "Blackwater Park" on my head all day confused Not complaining though
    Back to top Go down
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath
    Admin
    Admin
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
    Registration date : 2009-04-23

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:47 am

Used to love them, now i think they are ok. Stil Life and Orchid is great.
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 pm

i have been trying to get into this band...but i dunno which album i should get first. any recs?
    Back to top Go down
    Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:59 pm

my personal fave album is Blackwater Park... so id give that a try first
    Back to top Go down

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:14 pm

cool, thanks!
    Back to top Go down
    Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:44 am

RunningRed wrote:
    i have been trying to get into this band...but i dunno which album i should get first. any recs?

I started with Blackwater Park and I suggest against it.

Start with "Still Life". It is their best imo.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Starting to get better. Still have difficulties with them. Normally I have nothing against long songs, but these guys tend to bore me with most of their songs. I find myself noticing Opeth-like sounds in other bands that I really like tho, so it's so odd that I don't quite get the grip of them.

I saw them live (along with Dream Theater and a few others) few days back and I have to say they're a bit better now after seeing them live. Ã…kerfeldt is such an awesome stage person.
    Back to top Go down
    Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Mash wrote:
    RunningRed wrote:

I started with Blackwater Park and I suggest against it.

Start with "Still Life". It is their best imo.

whats wrong with blackwater park?
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Opeth - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Opeth   Opeth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opeth
    Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next