Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead   Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Having watched "Stolen Babies"' video for the track "Push Button" I was, to put it lightly, intrigued, and decided that the best course of action would be to get this album so that I could listen to their other tracks. I was not disappointed by what I heard. I got my hands on this album the other day, and I have not stopped listening to it since.
According to last.fm this is an "avant-garde metal" group with influences from "dark cabaret", whilst I can see the influences from dark cabaret on some of the songs on this album - I'd have to say that this is one of the most "avant-garde" of groups I have listened to in ages, in that they are by no means genre bound. From the insanely brilliant and heavy "Filistata" to the sorrowful ballad that is "Lifeless", this album covers a wide variety of genres and even the songs themselves would be hard to label even if one wanted to.
Despite this variety in styles and influences on the album, I have yet to find a favourite, or for that matter, a least favourite. The lyrics seem to fit well the atmosphere and feeling of their tracks (all of which equally insane as well) and Dominique Persi, the groups face-paint laden vocalist seems to pull off an equally impressive quality with both her melodic singing and also her screams.
I would definitely recommend this group to anyone, and I mean anyone. It would be hard to find a similar group, but I found these via a "similar to..." on last.fm to the group "uneXpect" (who are another avant-garde favourite of mine... but that's a review for another time (; ).
A relatively new group, "There Be Squabbles Ahead" is the first album from Stolen Babies, and I would say that this is one of the brightest starts to a band's discography I've seen in a while. This is a group to keep an eye on, and also to give a listen. As I stated earlier it would be hard to assign this group a genre or similar style so I'd say it's best to give them a listen and see what you think, if you bothered reading this all I hope you give the album or at least their video a listen, and if you do, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far!

Here's the vid for those of you interested;

P.S. This was my first review, so I'm aware it may not be that...good. But I would appreciate any tips that anyone might have so that I can do a better job next time, thank you. ^^
Back to top Go down

Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: General :: Reviews-
Jump to: