Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Faith Or Fear

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Faith Or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Faith Or Fear   Faith Or Fear I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:30 am

This is a sad way to start a thread about this band, but...

Clarence "C.J." Jenkins, bassist for the popular Philadelphia-based thrash-metal band FAITH OR FEAR, died Sunday (September 13) after suffering an apparent heart attack during the group's performance at the city's Arts, Music and Antiques Festival.

Jenkins, 50, collapsed around 2:45 p.m. as the band performed under a tent on High Street, said FAITH OR FEAR guitarist Chris Bombeke.

Jenkins, of Newport, was rushed to South Jersey Healthcare Regional Medical Center in Vineland, where he was later pronounced dead, said his sister, Karen Connors.

FAITH OR FEAR was in the midst of a comeback after reuniting last year.
The band released the CD "Instruments of Death" in June.

Sunday's performance was FAITH OR FEAR's first in its hometown of Millville in about 20 years, Bombeke said.

The band was nearly finished with its 30-minute set when Jenkins collapsed, according to Bombeke, who added that he and other bystanders performed CPR on the bassist until rescuers arrived.

"I don't think FAITH OR FEAR would have even been a name to talk about without C.J.," Bombeke said. "We never had another bass player."

Jenkins worked at Musikraft LLC, a Landisville-based company that makes necks and bodies for guitars and basses.

FAITH OR FEAR rose to prominence in the late 1980s after releasing the album "Punishment Area".

The band, which had started out rehearsing in a chicken coop, went on a national tour, but split up in 1991 without releasing another record.

FAITH OR FEAR's original lineup — minus guitarist Merritt Gant — reunited last year, playing shows in the Philadelphia area.

The band was considering a tour of Germany, Japan and South America — countries where there's been a thrash-metal revival — in 2010, Bombeke said, adding that he hasn't decided if he'll continue with FAITH OR FEAR.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Faith Or Fear Cjfear10

What a shame. No Punishment Area was a pretty good 2nd tier thrash album. I have yet to hear the new one that just came out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth

Faith Or Fear
Page 1 of 1