Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now

Go down 
+3
mygga_med_stil
Heat
Animal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Animal

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-05-18

60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now Empty
PostSubject: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Quote :

120 Proof Beer – The Strongest Beer in the World - For Now

By Jim Cohen | August 2, 2010

60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now Startthefuturebeer

Ladies and Gentlemen, just one week after “The End of History” was released by BrewDog, the record has been shattered. A Dutch brewery, brewery, 't Koelschip (The Refrigerated Ship), has recently released a 60% ABV (120 proof) beer. The beer is called "Start the Future" adequately named after BrewDog’s “The End of History” (how cute).

If you have followed Beer Universe over the past several months, you will know that we have covered this topic through several series of articles:

* 55% ABV Beer? You’ve Got to Be Kidding Me...
* When is a Beer Too Strong?
* The Strongest Beers in the Universe

At 60% ABV, the Dutch brewery is really pushing the envelope. As a comparison, there are only a handful of mainstream alcoholic beverages which are stronger: Bacardi 151 and Everclear. Both of these beverages are 75.5% ABV (Everclear is also available at 95% where legal). By the way, sometimes rubbing alcohol (the stuff you can’t and shouldn’t drink) ranges from 70% - 100% depending on the manufacturer.

Thinking about 60% ABV another way is comparing your traditional 5% ABV beer (let’s take Budweiser). If you drank 12 Budweisers in a row, you’d get the exact same buzz from drinking one bottle of Start the Future. I suppose if you are only trying to drink 1 beer when you go out, this may be the one that you’d want to select. Although, please remember this is supposed to be consumed more as a spirit than a beer.

Start the Future is reasonably priced at €35 ($45) a bottle and doesn’t come in a stuffed dead animal. If you recall, The End of History came in a squirrel’s body and was priced at over $750, as there were only 12 bottles initially produced.

We were stunned with a 55% ABV, thinking that it would take another brewer months to beat the record. After a week on the record books, Jan Nijboer, the brewer, showed us. Will this be the end of the competition?

"It has become a little competition," Nijboer said to Dutch news agency ANP. "You should see it as a joke."

Well we’re not sure that at 60% ABV you can call it a joke. However, with a reasonably priced bottle of Start the Future, we’d be willing to give this brew a try. Now we can only look forward for the next brewery to shatter the record…

Your Choice. Your Beer. Drink Up.
- Beer Universe

Now I'm waiting for someone to come up with a 100% abv beer.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:28 am

That's fucking crazy. 60%. Holy shit.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:27 pm

holy boobs...........i want :3
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:13 pm

That's gotta taste like sheit.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Yuck....I've tasted beer with 12% in at it was absolutely horrible....tasted like a mix of wine and beer gone bad....

I'll stick to my fave Carlsberg Gold...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:50 pm

İ m get bored of drinking beer. Even i'd like to drink this Shocked scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/NovemberRust
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:52 pm

I bet it tastes like cat piss.
Back to top Go down
Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:41 am

Vagabond wrote:
I bet it tastes like cat piss.
Pretty much my feelings. Whats the point, seriously?
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:11 am

Being drunk off one or two beers would just piss me off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now   60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

60% ABV Beer- The Strongest In The World- For Now
Page 1 of 1